Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Total War 2 Hopes, Dreams

Default Re: Rome Total War 2 Hopes, Dreams

I want a system where if you post dumb ideas on this thread steam automatically deletes Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by snipe of the gutter View Post
    I want a system where if you post dumb ideas on this thread steam automatically deletes Rome 2
    WTF, are u a hater or a joker?
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

He's a novice troll.

I'm going to practise countertrolling.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

1: Naval Battles (with ramming!)

2: Regions with towns and farms like Empire and Napoleon

3: Fully functional ragdolls

4: Tons of regions, stretching from Hibernia to India

5: Research (seriously, i hate how the tech just spawns when you build the right structure, think about it, romans made tons of inventions, for example)

6: A working AI

7: Working diplomacy (they have one region left, i siege it with 3 full stacks of legions, i offer peace, they refuse)

8: Dynamic battle map! (like Rome, where the battle map depends on where you start the fight on the campaign map, rather than something generic in for example, Empire)

9: Permanent fortresses (the romans had plenty)

10: Diplomacy screen rather than diplomats

11: Videos for assassinations and spying.

12: New agent: Philosopher, replacement for gentleman (or more correctly, replacement for eastern scholar, since they should not be able to duel)

13: Religion! (Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, Zoroastrianism, Celtic religion, Germanic religion etc.)

And beyond that, cities should still have the system where they grow, you build a government structure, and they become bigger.

Also, there should not be 1, 4, or 5 slots for building, it should be like the old Rome, but the buildings become visible on the city when built, like Civilization IV.
    Last edited by Equilibrius; April 10, 2011 at 05:22 AM.

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by snipe of the gutter View Post
    Now guess who would be Steam's first victim in that case.

:edit - reminds me somehow on this one;

~S~ CD
    Last edited by Chris Death; April 10, 2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

I would like to see a much better combat system; something much more realistic; something much more believable. Like the push and shove method where soldiers don't strike unless the enemy leaves themselves open.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Zemdu View Post
    1. more factions

2. better diplomacy

3, to be able to play historical campaigns (exept for the grand campaign)

4, to be able to fight multiplayer campaigns like in shogun

5, naval battles

6, make the game more modable

7, more units and no super unit roasters like Roms

etc, etc
    Multiplayer campaigns. I like that alot. Naval battles, better diplomacy. Good ideas, man.

Expanded map for sure, including India. It would feel nice to see my home in the game.

More than that, diplomacy HAS to be improved. If I offer an alliance and the AI refuses, they don't accept ANYTHING else. I even offered to give them all my settlements and cash for nothing(I was bugged) and they refused. I mean, honestly!

Sieges become boring after some time. Its always the same old thing. Some historically important cities could have unique features. And maybe some other historical events could be added like the Marius reforms in the game. Maybe the Servile wars, or the Diadochi Wars, for example.

As mentioned, unit recruitment should be limited to certain areas, as in LotrTW.

Most importantly, battles should be more realistic! I see a spearman stabbing a swordsman, and he does nothing! Not even any blood! For crying out loud, you've got a bloody spear stuck inside you!

And the AI should get a life.
    Last edited by LegolasGreenleaf; April 21, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
    WIP. Watch this space. It'll be epic.

No, seriously.

Rome 2 should look like Europa Barbarorum, but with naval battles and better graphics.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

1. New engine.
    2. New engine.
    3. New engine.
    4. New engine.
    5. New engine.
    6. Modding t- New engine.

Chimney's Avatar Laetus

Easy.

A return to the kind of campaign map engine like the one in M2TW. I want it do be easily moddable again. It would also be cool to have the statistic of every unit in a unit-specific .cfg file - that would help modders a lot, won't it?

hopes and dreams--that's exactly true in my case. why? my pc that used to be so great for totalwar games back in 2006 is no longer so great today. it can do only up to EMPIRES TW, no further. so my first hope is,first, to have a more capable pc, maybe by December; then if the game is out by that time--ROME 2 TW with ships capable of ramming (and using the CORVUS too), maybe throwing Greek Fire, ships with catapults . . . and yes, very important--to be able to train 3 or 4 units at the same time in settlements that can afford them (enough available denarii and population). that's the dream of this person who spends more times with (the old) ROME TW and eXtended Greek Mod than ANY other computer game. Hawooh ):-{D

My computer can BARELY run NTW on the LOWEST settings.
    And i doubt it would be able to run Shogun 2 at all, apart from it and Medieval 2 i have them all. Rome I'd Say was my favourite as I am Rather interested in that time period. So my hopes for Rome 2 (if My PC could run it) Would involve a bit more Historical Accuracy and more Historical battles. And as several other people have said, Unique cities like that temple on the hill in Athens (The Acropolis?) and more accurate cities rather than most of them looking the same, And of course naval battles.

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

1. For any new features, make sure as hell the AI can use them.
    2. Keep the diplomat system, they didn't have embassies in Brittania.
    3. Trade routes implemented, and the ability to sit on one should be worth fighting over.
    4. Gameplay to encourage slower expansion (in some cases. This overall, not taking britannia slowly, but taking brittania after a period of time of having gaul), and a mentality of only conquering highly speicific areas, and leaving desert/owning all the world until later. Like the greeks and romans focusing on the mediterranian coast quite a bit.
    5. Earlier campaign start. Maybe just after Alexander's death. Perhaps have multiple campaigns with different starting times, focusing on one area, but then expanding into the whole world.
    6. Romes ascension is NOT guarenteed.
    7. More dynamic strat map AI.
    8. AOR system like RSII's and others.
    9. Custom legions, not anything over the top. Or maybe the ability to grant your legions titles simarly to what happened historically.
    10. Not every campaign is the same. For example, the greeks never develop their Roman legion counterparts (forgot their name, Machiasomething) if Rome never rose.
    11. Above all, focus on developing a very good AI, that will trounce newbies if they wonder onto harder settings, and still give old timers a challenge.

Lots of good ideas that I agree with, I'd also add something I didn't see suggested, and that is - please CA, give us the real city sieges back, the current Shogun 2 system of you assaulting a fort when attacking a city is idiotic. I want the epic sieges of huge cities back, the fighting on the streets, for the sake of technological advance maybe include civilians and bystanders running around if you attack the city immediately without giving them a chance to evacuate, it would be demanding on the PC I guess, but nice as a graphical option you can turn on and off.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

A ing user-friendly mod toolkit that will help you create your own maps and scenarios in 2 months and not in 5 years.
    For God's shake, there are so many people who love history and have plenty of sources but don't want to waste their whole lifetime on figuring out how to mod a map or a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by b_133 View Post
    Lots of good ideas that I agree with, I'd also add something I didn't see suggested, and that is - please CA, give us the real city sieges back, the current Shogun 2 system of you assaulting a fort when attacking a city is idiotic. I want the epic sieges of huge cities back, the fighting on the streets, for the sake of technological advance maybe include civilians and bystanders running around if you attack the city immediately without giving them a chance to evacuate, it would be demanding on the PC I guess, but nice as a graphical option you can turn on and off.
    Also some heavy slaughtering of children and women in real-time battle would be amazing and 200% historically correct.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    Also some heavy slaughtering of children and women in real-time battle would be amazing
    wow, this sounds so sick
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by tudor93 View Post
    wow, this sounds so sick
    It's a game for God's shake. We are gonna kill graphics not actual people.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

The_Valiant's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius View Post
    12: New agent: Philosopher, replacement for gentleman (or more correctly, replacement for eastern scholar, since they should not be able to duel)

13: Religion! (Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, Zoroastrianism, Celtic religion, Germanic religion etc.)
    Philosophers, yes! I firmly believe this system can be implemented. Also, the presence of a philosopher should impact the FMs within a region.

However, I don't think religion could accurately fit within the game. Would you add Judaism just because there is a conquered nation in the Middle East that has that religion? Instead, I think culture could better represent it. For example, there could be Roman, Hellenistic, Celtic, Germanic, Carthaginian/Poeni, Eastern (Persian culture + Indian culture). Maybe a steppe culture too. The system would be much like the Brittania expansion for M2TW.
    One's back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    - The Saga of Grettir the Strong