Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your most memorable battle

TheFoolOnTheHill's Avatar Centenarius

Icon6 What was your most memorable battle

What was it
    Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,Cool cherry cream, nice apple tart,I feel your taste all the time we're apart,Coconut fudge really blows down those blues,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You might not feel it now,When the pain cuts through,You're going to know and how,The sweat is going to fill your head,When it becomes too muchYou'll shout aloud,You'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You know that what you eat you are,But what is sweet now turns so sour,We all know Ob-la-di-bla-da,But can you show me where you are?Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffleYes, you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle. Savoy Truffle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a9TMpAwwBw

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: What was your most memorable battle

Using 4 roman cav I routed an almost full stack of Armenians.

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

Using 5 units of Levy Pikes + 2 peltasts units I defeated 1 Thracian full stack In a siege

Sorry for my bad English

JRush21's Avatar Laetus

Beating Hoplites with Town Watch.

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

using 4 hastati, 2 bastarnae mercs, a mercenary hoplite, two equites, one illyrian mercenary and a general i routed a full stack of greek hoplites, peltasts, greek cavalry and two generals plus their 5 unit strong reinforcements (which included 2 spartans).
    all the while i could see my fleet just on the horizon (they attacked me right next to sparta, their last city)

most epic RTW moment for me.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

All those 3v3's were usually epic battles but my first two of them with Plant
    were those when i figured out there's something else than exploiting the weak
    points of ai and having real fun instead.

Oh and then there was this:

Battle at Kruger

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

trustno1(2)'s Avatar Civis

Either 3 units of cavalry defeating two and a half stacks from Spain, or five units of peasants, no upgrades, killing four times as many roman cohort infantry.(even though my brave peasants still lost)

"Dennis, our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?" - John Hammond

The battle where I faced a Carthaginian stack which comprised of 4 Sacred Band infantry, 5 Libyans, 2 Iberians, 2 Cataphract Elephants, 1 War elephant, and 2 regular elephants, with an assortment of cavalry.

I had a FM, three archer auxilia, two onagers, two legionary cavalry, and the rest legionary infantry, and every unit was seriously depeleted as I had just finished battling one and a half stacks of Seleucid infantry, which had an assortment of their pikemen, a few militia hoplites, three War elephants, two family members, and like 3 scythed chariots.

I lost that battle against the Carthaginians (I was Scipii, wanted to take Greece before the Brutii did, so I focused there and let Carthage grow), and almost lost Aae Philanorum, but was saved by the fact that they weren't besieging the city. I then negotiated with them, Peace and trade rights for Arae Philanorum. It worked, and financed (and still is) my war against the other Romans, and Seleucids.

I was once an Angel of Total War Heaven, but gave up my wings for a life on the sea of battle.

JRush21's Avatar Laetus

New favorite battle is beating 6 centuria/companies of Carthaginian cavalry, 1 Numidian Mercenary, 2 of whatever Spear unit that they use and two stacks skirmishers. I only used 4 Hastati, 2 Princepes, 1 Skirmisher 1 Roman Archer, and the Generals Bodyguard whih was up to 24 or 26.

Beating 2 stacks of Egyptians with 3 levy pikemen, one javelinmen, and one militia cav
    Cry "Havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ADRGamin...k?feature=mhee

Remember to rep me if I helped you in any way(:

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Rex_Romanorum's Avatar Laetus

Playing as Carthage, I united Sicily under my thumb then carried the war into mainland Italy by capturing Capua and wiping the House of Scipii out of the history books.

The Senate and People of Rome's response, not unjustly, was to marshall their entire force (a stack and then some) and send it south to Capua - I met them in the pass just between that mountain and the ocean, and despite my best efforts and the sacrifices of two of my Princes I was soundly defeated. My Italian campaign came to an end, but in spectacular fashion.

Another shoe-in, also involving the Senate, was during my Scipii campaign on the outbreak of Civil War. My first move was to send my garrison at Capua (by and large, Urban or Praetorian Cohorts) to Rome and lay siege. Rome was host to a full stack of legionnaires at this point but, thanks to the AI, they were all Pre-Marian Reform and mainly Hastati at that. Still, by sheer weight of numbers it was a brutal (and cinematic) slog street-by-street through the Capital, both sides being well and truly decimated by the time I made a final mad charge at the Roman Armoured General units in the city centre. At the result of the battle, I had to make peace all along the Scipii-controlled frontier so that I could peel Legions back from fighting the barbarians to Italy to bolster my crippled forces, but I had Rome. As I'm sure you'll agree, that's all that matters

The battle where I killed 100-200 men with a single catapult shot, routing them instantly.
    WIP. Watch this space. It'll be epic.

No, seriously.

TheFoolOnTheHill's Avatar Centenarius

how
    ???
    ??
    ?
    ??
    ???
    Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,Cool cherry cream, nice apple tart,I feel your taste all the time we're apart,Coconut fudge really blows down those blues,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You might not feel it now,When the pain cuts through,You're going to know and how,The sweat is going to fill your head,When it becomes too muchYou'll shout aloud,You'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You know that what you eat you are,But what is sweet now turns so sour,We all know Ob-la-di-bla-da,But can you show me where you are?Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffleYes, you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle. Savoy Truffle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a9TMpAwwBw

I want to say he either was playing a bridge battle, or he modding the onager so the flaming rock is basically a nuke....

I was once an Angel of Total War Heaven, but gave up my wings for a life on the sea of battle.

The enemy had one unit of Iberian Infantry. I had My faction Leader's 31 Late roman bodyguards with Triple Gold Exp. gold weapons and armour. I charged down the hill at the enemy. The unit of Iberian Infantry was wiped out on impact, the battle lasted the grand total of about 20 seconds!

As a matter of fact, I didn't mod anything. I attacked a Seleucid army with a Spartan army. The AI sent all its men out in one go, creating a big crowd around the gate, so I set my onagers to fire there. The boulder hit the crowd outside the gate, and bounced into the men inside.
    I know it's kinda hard to believe, but trust me. It's true.
    WIP. Watch this space. It'll be epic.

No, seriously.

trustno1(2)'s Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by LegolasGreenleaf View Post
    As a matter of fact, I didn't mod anything. I attacked a Seleucid army with a Spartan army. The AI sent all its men out in one go, creating a big crowd around the gate, so I set my onagers to fire there. The boulder hit the crowd outside the gate, and bounced into the men inside.
    I know it's kinda hard to believe, but trust me. It's true.
    I did the same thing, accept fighting Romans. They put themselves in a testudo, one well placed shot and bye bye
    "Dennis, our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?" - John Hammond

When I raped a Roman army with a army of Calvary.

Quote Originally Posted by Runite View Post
    When I raped a Roman army with a army of Calvary.
    An army of cavalry is pretty funny . I can see how it is quite memorable.
    Cry "Havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ADRGamin...k?feature=mhee

Remember to rep me if I helped you in any way(:

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Armies of cav are the way to go, just get a couple of 6-8 unit armies and skirmish a bit beforehand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast