Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total War 2 Hopes, Dreams

Default Re: Rome Total War 2 Hopes, Dreams

8. Ability to see how many people (Soldiers and civilians) have died in a war. A running total, maybe even a paragraph summarizing the terrors of the war like the Senate has for other nations as Rome.

9. A volunteer mechanic, where happy and populous settlements will volunteer for the military, so you can make cheaper military units. If you have no volunteers, you can "draft" by building, which will lower happiness slightly, cost more, and take away from the city population.

10. Different revolt mechanic. Civil order and happiness are different. People can be unhappy, but might not revolt if you have a large army or are known for executing civilians who try to rebel. Family members further reduce odds of revolt unless they're traits specify otherwise.

11. Larger cities, with the ability to lay ambushes behind buildings and such.

12. Better diplomacy, better AI, naval warfare, more nations, more areas ect. All the obvious stuff.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Some of what you ask for is already doable in RTW.

1. Recruitment like in ETW and MTW, where you can make more than one unit at a time as cities progress. POSSIBLE

For sure larger cities and possibility of ambush with use of city buildings. RTW has large potential.
    Last edited by limes; April 20, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

Give Gaul good units

Play Mods.

R2TW will be the best thing since mankind. Anywhom, I'd like it if they made the map bigger and including nations like Mesopotamia and Assyria so start the game earlier

My poor laptop is maxed out with the second generation total war games. If Roma II is ever released I doubt I will be able to run it and there is always the chance of no mod support - brace yourself for DLC factions and legionnaires.

Vaskill's Avatar Civis

When they make RTW 2 they better take their time on it instead of rushing it. That seems like the new fad in this era is rushing games as fast as possible but please take time and actual effort. Thats what I want for RTW 2.

"Back to the roots" is my motto. RTW2 designers shouldn't lock modding tools. Whole generation of modders grew up making new things for RTW. Making games technically more opened for modders doesn't mean lesser earnings.

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It actually can mean more earnings. Recently Mount and Blade Warband had a DLC released, it was made by a team of people who started off modding, and made a hugely successful mod. They took that mod and work on and improved it while having everything that the company making the original had access to and released it as a joint production.

MB isn't owned by SEGA though. SEGA wouldn't let anything like that happen.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, but that is a great example of how it could help.

Try telling that to a huge corporation set in It's ways that's haemorrhaging money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Try telling that to a huge corporation set in It's ways that's haemorrhaging money.
    So many possibilities can be derived from the word haemorrhaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorix The Great View Post
    Give Gaul good units
    Are you serious ?
    - brace yourself for DLC factions and legionnaires.
    This , RTW2 would be a DLC fest , and with a whole bunch of other annoyance's like steam ,this sudden MP "ranking " etc .

Alexanderos's Avatar Senator

Indeed , unit ambushes in cities would be great. Imagine putting some beserkers behind a market and when the puny legionaries come by glorious your blood-thirsty barbarians charge , scare the ... out of them and they all rout immediately!
    Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    MB isn't owned by SEGA though. SEGA wouldn't let anything like that happen.
    I agree my friends. Bonez is right that modding activity finally brings more profits to game creators. They should increase product popularity by use of modding mechanisms (which means more profits from main game sells). Instead, they try to limit modding activity and use it on their own. It's a pity but Ferdiad is right, too. Sega is not ready to understand mechanisms that will improve their income statistics.
    Last edited by limes; May 10, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

some realistic AI strategic moves and BETTER diplomacy and come on a faction which is about to lose its last settlement won't refuse any request of peace and a faction which is attacked by surprise won't react normally .
    political dissidence and agitation should be taken in consideration I would to that spy network like in napoleon and I really would like to see a more realistic Alexander campaign with the real units and perhaps a philip II campaign.

From what we can see i Shogun 2 the AI is quite a bit better than previous games and so is diplomacy. We can only hope this trend continues.

In RTW playing the Romans offered simply more like the Senate screen or the Civil War (although badly represented in the game). No other faction had similar things.

By thinking about the whole era (3rd to 1st century BC) there are six major powers and three different events:
    1.) various wars between Rome and Carthage
    2.) same between the three Diadochi powers Macedon, Seleucids and Ptolies (Egypt)
    3.) the creation of a new iranian/persian Empire: the Parthians.

The same deep once given to Rome should also be introduced to the other five above mentioned factions. Each should feel unique like the Roman families in RTW.