Thread: The formation changes??

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default The formation changes??

I have been a steady fan of IS and Darthmod but now this mod has caught my eye. The biggest thing is the formations in battles? How does this effect the AI? How much harder does it make battles?

Thanks for any info

Default Re: The formation changes??

TROM is using Sinuhet's Formations Mod 1.2. Together with stat tweaks AI behaves much better in battles. I've seen of course situations where I have superior forces and higher ground, then AI starts cris-crossing and getting all smashed together. But more often then not on H/VH they line up properly. Cavalry tries to outflank or engage arty. One unit guards arty, sometimes with their general near by.

I've had some tough battles recently, especially against the Swedes. I play on VH/VH. On a recent battle, they did everything right, and while I won, I did so with brutal (65%) casualties.

The "funky chicken dance of death" has identified by CA, and Jack Lusted stated it would be fixed, period, for the next patch.

Except for the "funky chicken" and problems with seiges, I'm reasonably happy with the enemies BAI. Certainly not great, but good enough most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    I've had some tough battles recently, especially against the Swedes. I play on VH/VH. On a recent battle, they did everything right, and while I won, I did so with brutal (65%) casualties.

The "funky chicken dance of death" has identified by CA, and Jack Lusted stated it would be fixed, period, for the next patch.

Except for the "funky chicken" and problems with seiges, I'm reasonably happy with the enemies BAI. Certainly not great, but good enough most of the time.

I think VH in battles gives the AI rediculous boosts... you just canīt win a 1v1 line shoot out.

Iīm playing H.

I must say that the "funky chicken" is a part of every battle I have. the AI could be very nice at this point if they would just hotfix this issue. but they decided to finish 1.3 patch which will take several weeks from now... they donīt even talk about a possible release date. that for the benefits with steam and fast patching

argh, getting offtopic....

@sage: would you really recommend playing VH battles?

regards

Man, I have to agree. At the risk of a brief and off topic rant. I have never experienced a campaign battle post 1.2 patch where the AI didn't start going crazy and just charge my lines. Very frustrating because CA could simply Hotfix it back to where it was pre patch until they could fix it right. I love this game and this mod but I have never seen a game where patched make things worse (BAI and previous sound issues from the second patch).
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    Man, I have to agree. At the risk of a brief and off topic rant. I have never experienced a campaign battle post 1.2 patch where the AI didn't start going crazy and just charge my lines. Very frustrating because CA could simply Hotfix it back to where it was pre patch until they could fix it right. I love this game and this mod but I have never seen a game where patched make things worse (BAI and previous sound issues from the second patch).
    totally with you!

Itīs frustrating because fixing missing button highlights and soundissues was worth a hotfix for them but the most important BAI (which makes 90% of fun in the game) can wait several weeks...

the weird thing about this is the AI CAN form beautiful lines and formations but when the advance starts the units start to run criss cross over the field. just had 2 huge battles against polish rebel armies and this was exactly the case 2 times in a row.

man, how hard can it be to make 20 units march straight forward, hold. fire. advance. hold. fire. ???

ok, rant: off