Thread: Failed to load database?

Default Failed to load database?

Big problem. I've been happily playing Roma Surrectum for the last few weeks and then all of sudden the application seems to have broken, when i load RTW either nothing happens or i get a message saying Failed to load database.

I expect that its a problem to do with the remaining 'vanilla' files but is there anything any one can do to help?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Failed to load database?

Have you attempted to mod the install in any way?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Nope.
    Dont worry fixed it by reinstalling all software from vanilla up was a pain but worked fine.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Boonus View Post
    Nope.
    Dont worry fixed it by reinstalling all software from vanilla up was a pain but worked fine.
    Good to hear. It may be an idea to take a copy of your install and play with that. It will keep your original folder in pristine condition - ready to be copied again for any other mod you want to play.

Not 'corrupting' a clean install has saved me a few hours over the years (I had the original 3 CD-ROM version of RTW - since replaced with a shiny new DVD).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here