Page 6 of 225 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just saw" thread

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The "I just saw" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    You mean that Vietnamese kick-box champion right? I thought he was a really cool pick for an very original role. I guess he was supposed to be an Amazon rain-forrest Indian who didnt know any English.

Also Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid where very nice picks.

The editing didnt bother me much, I was quite impressed by the overall visual aspects(audio OK that sucked at times, but was IMO very good at times too). What I liked most is that there where no lame Hollywood jokes, actions made more or less sense, the story, the claustrophobic atmosphere, suspenseful, and the obligatory romance wasn't overexposed, although I sometimes feared it would.
    It was a refreshing movie from the usual Hollywood crap.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    You mean that Vietnamese kick-box champion right? I thought he was a really cool pick for an very original role. I guess he was supposed to be an Amazon rain-forrest Indian who didnt know any English.

Also Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid where very nice picks.

The editing didnt bother me much, I was quite impressed by the overall visual aspects(audio OK that sucked at times, but was IMO very good at times too). What I liked most is that there where no lame Hollywood jokes, actions made more or less sense, the story, the claustrophobic atmosphere, suspenseful, and the obligatory romance wasn't overexposed, although I sometimes feared it would.
    The entire feel of the movie was excellent. Very claustrophobic as you said. This is the movie I was trying to remember the other day. I cannot begin to express my hatred over people making movies using HD cameras and using crappy digital editing and audio! The video was bad, mainly because it was so dark and grimy the whole movie, but it wasn't good. And the audio was terrible at times...I still think the story could have used some cleaning up, and I tend to think a lot of it was editing, money and time issues. Ben Foster was great in the role. Quaid was okay, not a real big fan of him at all...

Default Re: What's the last movie you saw?

Planet of the Apes: The remake was terrible. The original was amazing for what it was. The ending, sheer Rod Serling brilliance!

XXSerb-LegendXX's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: What's the last movie you saw?

The last movie i saw was Ong Bak 2 and it was thouroughly entertaining!

Merged the "What's the last movie you saw?" thread with this one as it was is the review section and it should of been in the general section in my opinion.
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Comes Limitis

Yeah make sure to watch the original Planet of the Apes. There are some 70's sequels as well, but they are not as good as the first, although certainly better than the latest starring Marky Mark and CGI.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I just saw the movie "Jackass".

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    Merged the "What's the last movie you saw?" thread with this one as it was is the review section and it should of been in the general section in my opinion.
    You sexy beast! I will mail you a pack of Lucky Strikes!

I just watched Nochnoy dozor....the book was cool. The movie lacked any coherence. I only knew what was going on because I read the book.

Die Hard 4.0

A bit OTT at times, but fairly enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Russian fantasy thing called Nightwatch. Thought it would be like Pan's Labyrinth but was a bit rubbish.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

LOL! I watched Nightwatch yesterday!

You know, I read the book, and the book was really neat. The world was rather complicated concerning the Others and their truce...the movie never bothered to explain any of that. It was nothing but a visual ejaculation...I was very disappointed.

Strelok's Avatar Civitate

Do TV shows count?

I just saw the latest episode of Dexter. The suspense for the next episode is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    LOL! I watched Nightwatch yesterday!

You know, I read the book, and the book was really neat. The world was rather complicated concerning the Others and their truce...the movie never bothered to explain any of that. It was nothing but a visual ejaculation...I was very disappointed.
    Ah it was based on a book... that explains it. Book to film adaptations are notoriously difficult.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Book to film adaptations are notoriously difficult.
    And that's the golden truth.

Apocalypse Now.. Good film, not great. The film started off great but as soon as they got to their "destination" it got a bit surreal and I kinda lost interest.

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey I of Leuven View Post
    Apocalypse Now.. Good film, not great. The film started off great but as soon as they got to their "destination" it got a bit surreal and I kinda lost interest.
    Yeah, I remember sitting down for that after all the stuff I had read about it being one of the best Vietnam movies and one of the best movies in general and all it did was bore the hell out of me.. It's not like I can't appreciate movies that are slower paced and more thoughtful, but my god; it was agony..

Anyhoo, I just thought I'd add to this list that I just saw 'Zombieland'. And even though I positively hate horror films and am not really a big fan of zombie films (though as far as horror goes, I 'tolerate' them), I have to say I absolutely enjoyed it.. Very funny, with a great celebrity cameo, as well as that awesome 'I am Legend' and '28 Days Later' "end of the world" feeling..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

Comes Limitis

Apocalypse Now is awesome, but IMO you have to be in the right mood when watching it.

Anyway I just saw 1/2 of La Linea starring Andy Garcia and Ray Liotta, about the Taliban sleeping with Mexican drug cartels.

Unbelievably lame movie full of cliches...
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I was dragged along to watch 2012. Good god it was appalling. The chase sequences were laughably stupid, the script unbelievably lazy and there were more cliches than every disaster movie put together. Disaster of a movie is more like it.

Very very very very poor. It made The Day after tommorow look like Citizen Kane.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    Really?
    Actually, it was almost exactly the same movie with the same plot except without the redeeming qualities of Dennis Quaid and Emmy Rossum.

The scenes where they are escaping the devastation are meant to be dramatic but the audience just laughed at how silly they were.

The Casting was odd as well. John Cusack made a bad choice with this movie- he isn't blockbuster material really. Danny Glover is pretty good but has nothing to work with. George Segal turns up but again he has so little time for his charactor to develop it didn't seem much point putting him there. Chiwetel Ejiofor as one of the main charactors had to act in a really appallingly smultzy scene that made me want to throw up violently on the guy in the row in front of me. Pretty much all the charactors had all the charm and depth as in your average Micheal Bay movie (Though Emmerich hardly bothers in his movies either). The best turn was Woody Harrelson, who was probably thankful his role was short and sweet.

Thandie Newton thankfully provided me with something to watch.

I'm not going to put this in spoilers because frankly the movie does enough of a job spoiling itself.

AVOID.