Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 23 73 98 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2714

Thread: The "I just saw" thread

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: The "I just saw" thread

Logan

Oh, the feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    Logan

Oh, the feelings...
    Yeah it is great.

Anyway
    I just watched Burn witch burn... from 1962, or Night of the Eagle (as was initialy shot as) an Awesome horror classic..
    With an amazing intro. Literaly casting a spell on the audience from the get go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056279/

Awesome film... i enjoyed it very much, probably among the most entertaining horror, supernatural thriller films in my personal list of the genre.

"Do You Belive?" "I do not Belive"

Trailer.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 17, 2017 at 01:10 PM.

SS-GB - Britain lost the Battle thereof.

Good production values, but not compelling.

Missable.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

The Great Wall - It was an experiment to see if a Chinese film production can incorporate Western actors and score big with Western audiences, because it certainly felt experimental, as Chinese stage effects were emphasized over actual directing, as the Chinese actors seemed to fall into default stereotypes, while the Western ones stood around blank faced.

They had enough money to make the backdrop and costumes mostly eye candy, of which the female lead certainly qualified, because it's basically Aliens versus the Middle Kingdom.

Did the experiment succeed? I think they need to have Chinese directors that have spent about five or ten years immersed in Western productions to mesh the two cinema experiences seamlessly together; also, it's fantastical and incredulous, in the sense that if anyone came looking for black powder, presumably gunpowder, they'd want the formula, not the actual item outside samples.

Watch it for the special effects.

Caligula - With Malcolm McDowell.

Not for kids nor historians.

Surreal.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praefectus

Devil in the dark (2017). Avoid :/
    Like my Hagia Sophia?
    I modelled it in Blender.

Manhunter (1986)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/

Based on red dragon Novel etc.... But with Brian Cox as Hannibal lecter.....
    Glorious, in itself on that account alone but its a great criminal Thriller, with hypnotic soudtrack, and photography. And Probably the definitive Hannibal Lecter film.

The Great Cox in its younger days... unsettling..... "Would you like to leave me your home phone number?"

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 21, 2017 at 05:55 PM.

^In contrast, the "Red Dragon" film was utter garbage. Only Fiennes managed to save himself in that complete train-wreck
    Like my Hagia Sophia?

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Praefectus

Filantropica

Romanian masterpiece.

Devil (2010)

Don't trust youtube "here are a few underrated horror movies for you to discover" videos. Movie was not underrated, but rightfully unknown.
    Like my Hagia Sophia?

Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen

I love diamond in the rough types of films. They appear as though they're mindnumbingly bad, but turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread.
    White Chicks (basically Big Momma's House but better/worse)
    Tucker and Dale vs Evil (incredibly gory, but most of it is funny. Only the start and end could be seen as scary, the rest is just ridiculous)
    I've also started watching the Australian Fat Pizza TV show. Most episodes are on Youtube. Season 4 and 5 are the funniest in my opinion. It might require being Aussie to properly appreciate.

I do watch good quality films, I'm not totally braindead.
    Last edited by Caligula; April 27, 2017 at 11:19 AM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I know what you mean, some movies do have a lot of merit to them despite not being successful or popular.

The quick and the dead for example. It's a pretty nice western if you just go with the over the top duels. It's a movie with a lot of great performances and memorable characters. Gene Hackman is a brilliant villain here, and personally I like many of the duelists that show up for the competition, they have character.
    There's an indian who says he can't be killed by a bullet, a gambling showman who brags about his accomplishments, a cool pipe smoking black hired gunman, Leonadro Di-caprio as Hackman's cocky bastard son, etc.
    It's a nice guilty pleasure. It's like a B movie with a big budget.

Kind of the same with the GI Joe movies. My inner 12 year old loves those movies. Sure they could have been better, but they have their moments. Especially Snake Eyes steals the show. First movie is better than the sequel though, but I must say the sequel was not as bad as I expected.

^I hope they didn't feature Serpentor in any way
    Like my Hagia Sophia?

John Doe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    My inner 12 year old loves those movies. Sure they could have been better, but they have their moments.
    I got that feeling recently with get out, it's a low budget chiller movie telling a classic overused story, yet it doesn't feel that way. The ending lacks originality but they got everything else spot on.

John Wick 2. Overall as ludicrous as ever- and a bit more so this time. The (absolute) ending was ok-ish, but this is really the definition of an epidermic and artificial plot.
    Like my Hagia Sophia?

Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    John Wick 2. Overall as ludicrous as ever- and a bit more so this time. The (absolute) ending was ok-ish, but this is really the definition of an epidermic and artificial plot.
    That film still isn't out in Australia yet, its just ridiculous. Apparently we're not getting it until the 18th of May, over 4 months after America's release.
    I'm super pumped for it though, I thought it was meant to come out April 20th and I'd gotten all excited and ready to go see it only to learn Wikipedia lied to me ='(

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Indeed, i quite disliked this one, and liked the first one a lot more.

The second did felt forced as plotline is concerned. As oposed the first one was just so ludricous, and thus watchable and the main vilain specialy worked.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I introduced my father to Robin Hood yesterday, the Eroll Flyn version. Oddly enough he never saw it before but he did really like it a lot.

Personally I am a big fan of it too, it's such a colorful movie with some great performances. I really like how the nobility truly acts like nobles would, especially for Lady Marian it fits so well, she really does act like a noble lady and is not easy to conquer.
    It's also surprising how much happens in the movie while it does not have a very long runtime. I believe there are longer robin hood movies where much less happens, yet it does not feel rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Indeed, i quite disliked this one, and liked the first one a lot more.

The second did felt forced as plotline is concerned. As oposed the first one was just so ludricous, and thus watchable and the main vilain specialy worked.

The worst is still to come, and it will be likely named "John Wick, Excommunicado"
    Like my Hagia Sophia?