Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Esf Editor 1.4.3

Default Re: Esf Editor 1.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Map coordinate left;top (used to calculate the total area the theatre covers)
    Map coordinate right;bottom (used to calculate the total area the theatre covers)
    Type: true = trade theatre, false = not trade theatre

Regarding the negative numbers on this map 0,0 is at the centre of the map and as you go down or left the number decreases, and as you go up and right the number increases.
    Do you know why the startpos coordinations system is deferent (at least in values)? Is it like real geographical coordinations (altitude, etc)?

Oddly I couldn't find an entry for the region's colour.
    This is determined in startpos in [...]FACTION\FACTION_FLAGS_AND_COLORS

settlementregion name): (settlement name): settlement_minor [minor city]

townregion name): [town]

(resource)region name): (location)
    Above are the right orders. Consider settlement as the capitol of region (city), so in there are building slots, fortification and roads.

The big mystery is the regions\areas. The only thing I've found so far is that they are connected with startpos\[...]\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_WORLD\CAI_INTERFACE\CAI_WORLD\CAI_WORLD_REGIONS_HLCIS. My best guess is that has to do with the routes of the trade wagon on the map in region and inter-region trade and recourses gathering.

I should appreciate if you copy your previous message and post it also in my SARTPOS.ESF thread. It was to be a thread for all .esf files but so far it is mostly startpos.
    Last edited by husserlTW; April 26, 2010 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightkids668 View Post
    halo..have a little question here, can i edit the building slot , building's name , bridge or add the unplayable faction to playable faction without the esf editor?? and i only change from the pack with using the db editor?? because i very confusing in the esf file, tats alot of block i using fews days to edit a unplayable faction to a playable faction..
    No, it is not.

well..thks alot!! so no choice, i need to work hard to change my esf file..hahaha..

The secret is to be careful, patient and follow tutorials with loyalty. Esf files do not like improvisations.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Do you know why the startpos coordinations system is deferent (at least in values)? Is it like real geographical coordinations (altitude, etc)?
    It follows the latitude and longitude system but the numbers don't match. My testing indicates that ETW has a map that is about 2000 by 1000 covers the whole world. The regions.esf is used to determine which parts of this map make up the theatres and where the various regions are in these theatres.

This is determined in startpos in [...]FACTION\FACTION_FLAGS_AND_COLORS
    I don't know where this is. Can you give me the full path. Also are these region colours or faction colours?

The big mystery is the regions\areas. The only thing I've found so far is that they are connected with startpos\[...]\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_WORLD\CAI_INTERFACE\CAI_WORLD\CAI_WORLD_REGIONS_HLCIS. My best guess is that has to do with the routes of the trade wagon on the map in region and inter-region trade and recourses gathering.
    Not sure what the areas cover but the FloatPoint is their left;top and right;bottom coordinates. These indicate where they are on the map.

I should appreciate if you copy your previous message and post it also in my SARTPOS.ESF thread. It was to be a thread for all .esf files but so far it is mostly startpos.
    No problem. I've also done some startpos research as well and found that coordinates are actually left;bottom and right;top.
    Last edited by uanime5; April 26, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Thanks for posting in my thread also. Startpos is mostly known in details. There is this old analysis with the basics but there are many more known. If you like searching esf I should propose to target the other map files (poi.esf, etc). And I should appreciate to continue any discussion in my thread, where all infos are gathered together and here is about the tool. It has been some time that someone spent his time with esf files and I am glad for that.

Laetus

hi "" sudenlly me save games became corrupt !!!can this editor fix this somehow?????

No.

Default Re: Esf Editor 1.4.1

can you give me a link for Esf editor 1.4.3.

can you give me a link for Esf editor 1.4.3.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Sorry I cannot do that because I don't know of a working download link for ESF Editor 1.4.3.

For what it's worth, I can give you a link to this post. In that post, if you click on the link underneath 'SOURCECODE' you can download ESF Editor 1.4.4 and 1.4.5. In case you haven't already found them, I recommend husserlTW's tutorials.
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 19, 2015 at 11:23 AM.

here, i'm using it myself
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    here, i'm using it myself
    Thank you so much, this was actually kinda hard for me to find.

asI candownload Esf Editor

how do you download and open this

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

You can use EditSF 1.1 for R2TW.
    This tool allow to edit all esf files from ETW to TWR2 and likely TWAttila

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

where is the download link

I don't see the file

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

kim123lol and Polish Marx, welcome - did you look in this post?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast