Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Esf Editor 1.4.3

Default Re: Esf Editor 1.4.1

Thank you Koras! This will make working with esf much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote07 View Post
    Is there some fundamental difference between a save game and the startpos.esf that's preventing this?
    I'm not that expierienced in modding, but just said once, that the Nations ID's change when you start a campaign. So they will have a diferent ID in a savegame, than in the startpos. Maybe it has to do something with that??please don't hit me when i said something dumb
    Last edited by The Donz; May 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM.

demis14's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Donz View Post
    Thank you Koras! This will make working with esf much easier.

I'm not that expierienced in modding, but just said once, that the Nations ID's change when you start a campaign. So they will have a diferent ID in a savegame, than in the startpos. Maybe it has to do something with that??please don't hit on me when i said something dumb
    in fact all IDs seem to be regenerated after Campaign start and change again when the ownerships of regions change, then Region IDs change and so on...

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Good work, but I always get a CTD when adding extra units in army with this editor. Please explain me, how do this or give me link of tutorial about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1987 View Post
    Good work, but I always get a CTD when adding extra units in army with this editor. Please explain me, how do this or give me link of tutorial about this.
    game crash or editor crash?

Quote Originally Posted by koras321 View Post
    what node you copied?
    i'll check in code to be sure that is not a bug in apllication
    I copied the entire CAMPAIGN_ENV node, I copied just the WORLD and CAI node, I copied just the REGION_ARRAY for Bengal and the CAI node, and I think some other permutations that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1987 View Post
    might it be that you are copying the first unit in the list? That would probably get you a crash as the first unit is the general's unit, and copying that would be asking the game to use 1 character for 2 units.

I haven't had a problem copying units as long as i only copied the ones that didn't have generals or colonels attached to them. Which should be the first unit in the army array.

If you want to create armies, you'll also need to create a character array for that army... but sometimes if those characters merge you get crashes.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Would you mind doing this open source?

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote07 View Post
    I copied the entire CAMPAIGN_ENV node, I copied just the WORLD and CAI node, I copied just the REGION_ARRAY for Bengal and the CAI node, and I think some other permutations that I don't remember off the top of my head.
    i made some test and i'm sure this is not a EE bug

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Would you mind doing this open source?
    yes, but not yet

when I make all what I plan and version is stable I will put EE to SourceForge

why are you asking?

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

yes, but not yet

when I make all what I plan and version is stable I will put EE to SourceForge

why are you asking?
    Just out of general principles

Could be I'll contribute something in the future so it'd help if I had recent sources in addition to just's

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

awesome been waitin for an update for a long time thanks a lot bro

Default Re: New Esf Editor

Whenever I try to save changes to the startpos, I get an error "Specified cast is not valid."
    I get this error again when trying to edit Line of Sight in Region Arrays in startpos.esf. I can copy a node from one region and paste it to another and save with no problem. But if I try to edit the coordinates in the node (e.g., change "57.5;381.5" to "47.5;371.5"), then I get the error and it will not save. Hope you can get this fixed, because the changes you've made so far are awesome, and I've just about solved something that's been irking us for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I get this error again when trying to edit Line of Sight in Region Arrays in startpos.esf. I can copy a node from one region and paste it to another and save with no problem. But if I try to edit the coordinates in the node (e.g., change "57.5;381.5" to "47.5;371.5"), then I get the error and it will not save. Hope you can get this fixed, because the changes you've made so far are awesome, and I've just about solved something that's been irking us for some time.
    fixed in 1.4.2

fixed in 1.4.2
    Thanks!

Default Re: Esf Editor 1.4.2

the editor doesn't seem to copy all the values when you try to copy the campaign_env...

it's really too bad that the IDs change for so much stuff in a save game... all the units... all the factions, regions... it really makes it a pain in the ass.

So you can copy everything single handed except for battle_pending... it won't save those values.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursisanafou View Post
    the editor doesn't seem to copy all the values when you try to copy the campaign_env...

So you can copy everything single handed except for battle_pending... it won't save those values.

I must confirm - in the current EE version coping some nodes from save game may be corrupt

I made some test and recognised the problem

it happens because each esf file has a node name table and I thought
    that it was the same table in startpos file and save game file - but it is not

I found that in startpos file we have 609 possible nodes
    but in the save game we can find even more nodes, for example 620, 630, 650
    a node name table is not constant and it depends on data in the esf file
    for example:
    if the startpos file does not have data about pendings battles then node name table does
    not include that node name

I don't actualise node name table after copy and this is the problem
    Last edited by koras321; May 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursisanafou View Post

fixed in 1.4.3

Suggestion:

It would be great if one could give nodes an alias; e.g. label a REGIONS_ARRAY with the region to make it easier to find things. Maybe it would work similarly to the value descriptions, although ideally one would replace the node name with the alias in the left window. Keep up the good work!

something like this?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast