Thread: Major Help

Icon9 Major Help

Okay, so, I just installed Roma Surrectum this morning, and I have not been able to play at all. I downloaded it just fine, and installed it correctly. I downloaded the 1.5c file. However, when I enter the game, if I click on Imperial Campaign or Prologue, it doesn't allow me to continue. For the IC, it says "Please select option from list" and when I exit, it said something about it expected a starting date in the imperial campaign file. When I tried playing Prologue, it just crashed the game. I tried playing a custom battle, because this has been what I do lately anyway, but after I customized the area and the armies, I hit the play button, and it sent me back to the factions screen, and did not allow me to continue forward. I tried re-installing it (not re-downloading, as it took me like 4 hours the first time), and still the same problems. I really have been looking forward to this mod, but I wish I could play! lol. Please respond soon.

Default Re: Major Help

I'm not an expert, but have you updated rome:total war to 1.5?
    It can be seen in the options menu.
    I believe this cause that kind of errors.

Well, I had the Gold Edition, and thought it didn't have to be updated... plus, I don't know where to update. I checked options, but didn't see an update button. If Gold Edition does have to be patched, thanks for the info. If not, I'm still screwed, lol.

Edit: I do have version 1.5, I un-installed and am re-installing both RTW and RS, going to try again.
    Last edited by Shadowscar; May 12, 2009 at 03:40 PM.

Arnspac's Avatar Miss You Calvin

Probably what you are encountering is the first time play bug. Clean RTW completely from your computer. Re-install RTW patched to 1.5 ( which Gold already is ).

Make a copy of that install, create a new folder in your C: drive, call it RS 1.5c or something, and copy your RTW Gold you just re-installed into that folder. Now if something buggers up you can just copy your original install again.

Go into , ( the copy you just created ) start the prologue, do some moves, save, then quit out to desktop. Here is where I drag the RTW desktop shortcut back into my RTW folder, or rename it something and leave it.

NOW...if you downloaded the 1.5c installer with IE and not through a router, you should be fine.
    Run the installer as per instructions here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65725

After the installer finishes, open up your ROME: Total War folder in C: that you put the RS 1.5c into and look for the 'preferences' folder. Open it and you should see this.

Attachment 41742

Click on the 'preferences text document' and scroll through the list and make sure FIRST_TIME_PLAY is set to FALSE. Also make sure that AUTO_SAVE is set to FALSE.
    This is easy to do just hi-lite what you wish to change, change it in the SAME CASE , and then make sure you click on file at the top left and SAVE your changes.

Then go into the game and voila.

regards
    Arnspac
    Last edited by Arnspac; September 27, 2009 at 09:14 PM.
    Cu māndrie, under the Patronage of leif_erikson

There is no disease I spit on more than treachery.

Thanks for the help, although by the time I saw this, I already had re-installed the game, and it works fine as of now. If I have further troubles, I'll check in again. First major goof of the day: clicking the old Senate Offices tab in diplomacy and losing my campaign of like 2 hours. lol

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The 'select an item from the list' is a well known problem caused by RTW not being patched up to 1.5 and/or RTW BI not being patched up to 1.6.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here