Thread: IS with Great Spirit

Default IS with Great Spirit

Probably completely unlikely but something that is high on my wish list.....

Is there any way that these two Mods would work together and if not is there anyway that the two could liaise and possible make a compatibility?

I love the work that IS has done but the direction that Great Spirit is going with making the NA factions playable and more then just fluff is fantastic.

Cheers
    Dono

Default Re: IS with Great Spirit

Agreed.

Maybe a mod like this would be very nice in the core files for I.S. 2.0

Although you know the optional I.S. Campaign files make Native Americans playable in the grand campaign?

True but expanding on the existing NA stuff is a big plus for me. They were the factions I was most looking forward to playing and they really are just fluff the way CA made them, little more then rebels.

If Great Spirit gets some nice support behind it then we could see the NA factions become a very nice playable force with buildings, tech trees and a nice array of units.

Cheers
    Dono

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

The NAs would have to be balanced for that to work, though, which they're currently not, unfortunately... unless they're intended to be able to scale fortress walls with their bare hands and rout entire armies by charging into melee with them!
    Most Serene.

Here's a mini guide I'm cross posting -

As far as natives - you have two weapons that will enable you to defeat the NA, sometimes quite easily.

1) Superior firepower - either through Rangers (though they are gonna be nerfed a bit in the next patch), artillery, line infantry, or dragoons. TIME YOUR VOLLEYS!

2) Native Auxiliaries - These historically made up a very large part of European lead armies in the North American theater. Use your superior firepower to soften up the natives, then counter charge them with your Auxiliaries. Every time I see someone having problems with NA factions, they almost NEVER have tried Auxiliaries. They're there for a reason!