Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KGCME Download and Feedback Thread

Default Re: KGCME Download and Feedback Thread

I think I have this updated for 4.1 and XAI 3.4 (XBAI and XCAI). Just want to play test it a bit more and make sure I didn't miss anything.

great i was going to do it myself but i have so much on my plate at the moment

i never was a fan of peasants they lose wars more than help them and well look bad..

oh have to ask have you looked to see if there are any un used ship entries or clone unit entries that may be able to be taken out without losing anything as well i have been making models for the game ( and hoping to ask y2day if he will texture them seeing he awesome 2d skills)

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Hello

Really enjoyed your mod, I've never understood why dismounted order knights were not in KGCM. I adapted myself for 4.1 and everything works well.

Well, If I was in you I would wipe out also those pesky peasant archers and archer militias to add some cooler units :-) (Knights of St Lazarus? Templar Longbowmen? Mounted Longbowmen? Men at arms?)

In addition imho there should be available more armour upgrades (at least one) for all order units (and all elite units as well) late in the campaign, by building the most advanced armour facilities.

The problem with eliminating militia units is you really start messing with balance. All I did is eliminate an issue for what most players already do: that being, never recruiting peasants, but just waiting until the recruit que for militia units in cities to replenish.

The dismounted knights do have armor upgrades, I believe, they just don't have new skins as their armor increases. I actually do have new or upgraded armor skins for them, I just didn't include them yet. I may as an optional mod, as personally I like them in their order robes better than wearing a breast plate.

I can double check, but I think that they only have one armor upgrade, maybe two. They don't need much more than that because they are already elite units (and compensate for a lower armor value with an increased defense value). Historically order knights wore simple chain mail armor, and for good reason. I won't go into the details of how I balanced the unit, but suffice to say they are very balances with an armor value of 5 (upgradable), which is the common armor value for other units that wear chain mail. Their strength came not from superior weapons, but from superior training (hospitallers) and valour (templars).

As far as adding new units, I am open to it, but the problem arises in that KGCM is already at the hardcode limit and I actually had to take out the peasant units in order to make room in the edu for the order units and others added. It is again at its hard code limit. Add more units means taking others out. And again your starting to mess with overall and faction balance, etc.

Just some food for thought.

the armour upgrades would involve perhaps a new model though but definately a new texture and as i am finding making a good texture is well hard without the great 2d skills

But i hope forrest will give it a crack

have you checked if there are any boats that could be removed without affecting anything to much ??

Well, AFAIK in KGCM the order knights have one armour upgrade, and in KGCME the dismounted knights don't. If you need models and textures to add more upgrades, you can easily use those of the old but always good Orders Mod which adds two armour upgrades for all orders units (knights and dismounted), even if not for all the factions available in KGCM :-(.

As for adding new units, I recognize that the balance of the mod must have the priority, but maybe it is possible to find out some "not so useful" unit to take out.

I'm actually using those models from the orders mod for this mod, which is adapted to KGCM. So I already do have the armor upgrade models and skins. I personally didn't like them as much, and they were not as historically accurate, and order knights during that period rarely if ever could afford plate. So I gave the ability to upgrade armor, stat wise, but the decision at the time was to leave the skins and models as is, as it was more realistic anyway. But if people really want, I might include an optional mod that includes the upgraded models and skins, but for a few people I won't go throught the trouble just yet, as I have a few other priorities that are higher.

So is there progress with your conversion of this submod to 4.1 and will you be fixing the error you left in it last time with a unit that crashes the game when used i would suggest to just not put that unit in the game as it was no use as far as the campaign was concerned as you never put it into the building tree with good reason that will of course require you to do a little more work using some of your own files not just someone elses slid in

Yeah, I finished updating this a while ago, but was working on making it compatible with XAI 3.4 and your horde script (I actually don't think this affected anything), but as you know, I ran into some bugs with the XAI etc. so I was trying to fix those firsts, as I use the descr.strat file for example for this mod, so it has to be bug free. Also I will test for the CTD you mentions. I added the knights of santiago into the building tree and edu, and will check to make sure the textures are in the right place.

Ah, so it appears they were working in my game, haha. I forgot to add the textures to the download file.
    Last edited by FortressofRain; July 31, 2009 at 04:02 PM.

yeah it was a real easy fix but one at a time i knew nothing about modding at all, so actually i must thank you it was searching for the solution to that one unit that got me interested in modding i know i have learnt to script (i aint the greatest but i find my way around alright) mapping traits etc etc i would never call myself a modder i think you need to have made a mod not a submod to take that title but atleast now i know mostly whats what CHEERS

Hey Fortress, Like others have mentioned earlier, I'm having a bit of trouble making your mod work properly. When asked about faction, time limit, etc, and I push the start button for the campaign, I kicks me out to the previous menu. The only optional-mod I install is the Sherwood Archers. If you or someone else could elaborate on a fix for this problem, that would be great. Lacking that, hopefully you could address the problem (which seems akin to the siege machines mentioned in earlier posts) in your forthcoming update. Thanks for working on this great mod- unfortunately I still can't figure out how to run it.

It is quite possible that I'm messing something up with installation, or version requirements (I'm at 4.1), so if specifics are needed, let me know.

please dave close this thread people are still downloading this and it doesnt work with 4.1

Kylehoward why did you download this submod when above it is the same submod but made for 4.1 its called KGCME for 4.1

This version of the submod will not work with 4.1 and will cause it not to operate at all did you keep back ups of the files this over wrote so you can return the correct files ??? If not my only suggestion and hope it will work again is to download the 4.1 version and prey it overwrites all the files from this version that will prevent the mod working at all

Where the heck is the download link?

I don't see one either at a quick glance, but then again this thread hadn't been posted in for 6 years. So it's probably a dead submod. You can check the one in my sig out if you like. Not sure what you're looking for but it's worth a look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12