Thread: Man of the hour adoption bug?

Default Man of the hour adoption bug?

I havent seen this mentioned anywhere else. If it already has been addressed or mentioned, just point me to the right post and delete this bugger

I just hit this incredibly frustrating bug (I'm not sure if its a bug that is with Medieval II or ths mod). I was seiging the town on the north coast of Harad's territory; a rebel settlement. I had about 1400 men, no general. However; the Harad dropped off 3000 men via boat behind me, attacked, and I managed a heroic victory. Then, it just so happened it was the turn that the damn town sallied forth,and I managed to beat THEM too. (I am writing this down in dramatic fashion soon; it was epic in nature).

I was expecting some sort of adoption message, or man of the hour for my general... but it didnt come. I thought it sucked, but whatever. I went about the turn, then I forgot to do something earlier so I loaded a save from the very beginning of the turn. When I load, I THEN get an adoption notice for the very captain that lead me to victory; but since it came after a save, I get the stupid "Adoption cannot be completed" message. Is there any way to fix this? After such a heroic set of events, I really want that fellah as a general.

Default Re: Man of the hour adoption bug?

Its a m2tw vanilla bug. Almost all adoptees die sudden and tragic deaths.

Gaah bloody hell. I find it odd though that a bug from vanilla medieval II would pop up in TATW. Is there any way that I could make it so this one adoptee lives? Its kinda pissing me off >.>

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

If it's hard coded a bug will always show up.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

well,I don't have such bugs in SS.And if I remember right,I had a successful adoptions in TATW