Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to add buildings/slots to Cities - COMPLETED

Default Re: How to add buildings/slots to Cities - COMPLETED

can anyone hepl me out?

I have followed the directions on the tutorial, and I have managed to make Virginia a Major city. There are only three problems that I have:

1) once i click "end turn", the game crashes

2) the small buildings that surround the usual major city are missing (so you only see the major building and it looks funny)

and 3) there are two buildings over-lapping eachother. (thats my fault, its the small minor city building that is being overlapped by the major city center. How do i delete the minor city's govoners barracks, I tried once and the game ctd's when i tried launching it)

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

demis14's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    can anyone hepl me out?

I have followed the directions on the tutorial, and I have managed to make Virginia a Major city. There are only three problems that I have:

2) the small buildings that surround the usual major city are missing (so you only see the major building and it looks funny)

and 3) there are two buildings over-lapping eachother. (thats my fault, its the small minor city building that is being overlapped by the major city center. How do i delete the minor city's govoners barracks, I tried once and the game ctd's when i tried launching it)

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    Well, there are two things I will point out here.

First, i believe you dont only have to delete the entries in the REGION_SLOT but you also have to delete the relative CAI entries in the CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS. You might have to also delete the entry in the regions.esf and also most probably you might need to mess about with other entries in the startpos.esf and maybe even DB files, as this gets more complicated.

The small buildings that surround the city, i believe have disappeared because you have maybe done something wrong with the steps relative to coordinates (as when i did a mistake, the same thing happened)

I suggest you should ask husserlTW, because as far as i know, he's working on changing a minor city to a major one.

The small buildings that surround the city is the famous 8th entry. Have a look at the attached pictures with the 8th entry as 0,1,2,3,4,5. That was at last the big mystery... It's only about the looking, does not change the population of the city.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 24, 2009 at 03:30 AM.

demis14's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    The small buildings that surround the city is the famous 8th entry. Have a look at the attached pictures with the 8th entry as 0,1,2,3,4,5. That was at last the big mystery... It's only about the looking, does not change the population of the city.
    great find man!!
    +rep

EDIT: can't rep you, it says i have to spread some reputation around before repping you again

can anyone hepl me out?

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    1) That is what I am trying to find out for a couple of days now.

2) See my previous post

3) In region_slot_manager you have left both settlement_minor (for minor cities) and settlement_government (for major cities). Unfortunately the conversion can be done if you keep as government building the settlement_minor (!!!) which probably makes the unsolved crash problem. The AI keeps realizing the city as a minor one.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 24, 2009 at 03:51 AM.

1) That is what I am trying to find out for a couple of days now.

2) See my previous post

3) In region_slot_manager you have left both settlement_minor (for minor cities) and settlement_government (for major cities). Unfortunately the conversion can be done if you keep as government building the settlement_minor (!!!) which probably makes the unsolved crash problem. The AI keeps realizing the city as a minor one.
    2) Where do I find the "8th Entry"

3) So should I delete the Minor city building?

so it is impossible to make a minor city into a Major city at the moment (without a crash) ?

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    Last edited by Pikemen; May 24, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

2) Where do I find the "8th Entry"

3) So should I delete the Minor city building?

so it is impossible to make a minor city into a Major city at the moment (without a crash) ?

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    2)In REGION_SLOT there you added the new buildings slots (Demis tutorial). You will change only the buildings slots, road and fortifications. Not towns or farms, e.t.c.

3)Either way is not working. If you just want see how it looks, put the minor. In this case you will be able to start the campaign but when you do anything except looking you will get a crash. If you put government you will not be able even to start the campaign.

do you think there is a limit to how many Major cities there are?
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

do you think there is a limit to how many Major cities there are?
    I can't say but I hope not.. It so complicated the startpos.esf tables with many uknown values and without a better EsfEditor (search tool, spot conflicts, etc.) you can never be sure if there is something wrong with the entry values, either some uknown value you have not thing to change, or you try to mod somethimg hardcored and unmodable and so on... The only thing you can do is keep trying..

demis14's Avatar Miles

actually, i heard that CA said they wouldnt put any limits on anything for this game, so this goes for major cities as well...

Is it possible to have a minor city with all the same building slots as a major city but have a settlement_minor instead of a major city building? And would that cause a crash?
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Is it possible to have a minor city with all the same building slots as a major city but have a settlement_minor instead of a major city building? And would that cause a crash?
    No. It is not possible , yet...
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 24, 2009 at 07:36 PM.

darn... I want to make Charleston a Major City + My capitol when I am playing as the USA in RTI. I guess I will need to wait.

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    Last edited by Pikemen; June 01, 2009 at 07:37 PM.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

demis14's Avatar Miles

darn... I want to make Virginia a Major City + My capitol when I am playing as the USA in RTI. I guess I will need to wait.

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    im sure husserlTW will find a solution!

Now that I can add rep:
    +rep , , (double like greek pita-souvlaki) to Demis for his work so far (mod+tutorial)
    +rep to erasmus777 for his coordinates tool!

demis14's Avatar Miles

Now that I can add rep:
    +rep , , (double like greek pita-souvlaki) to Demis for his work so far (mod+tutorial)
    +rep to erasmus777 for his coordinates tool!
    thnx man, you too superb work and keep it up because we need to find out more about that damn problem with "exiting"!

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by demis14 View Post
    thnx man, you too superb work and keep it up because we need to find out more about that damn problem with "exiting"!

Are you talking about when you exit the game it locks up? If not that is what happens to me after i added a navy building to denmark. Also the game crashes when fighting american indians. I took over india and nothing but america is giving me problems.

All in all you all did amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Are you talking about when you exit the game it locks up? If not that is what happens to me after i added a navy building to denmark. Also the game crashes when fighting american indians. I took over india and nothing but america is giving me problems.

All in all you all did amazing work.
    Can you be more specific? When the 'indian' crush occurs, entering, exiting, during battle? I suppose you play as denmark?

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

ahh sorry, I land my troops and of course i have no more movement, then on the inuits turn they attack me(the combat screen pops up for me to choose what action i want to take, but it crashes right when it pops up.

when it does crash its not on my turn, so that must have something to do with it.

edit : ohh and it only happens with my denmark game.
    Last edited by Burnoutfigs; May 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    ahh sorry, I land my troops and of course i have no more movement, then on the inuits turn they attack me(the combat screen pops up for me to choose what action i want to take, but it crashes right when it pops up.

when it does crash its not on my turn, so that must have something to do with it.

edit : ohh and it only happens with my denmark game.
    Are you using the stratpos and regions.esf I posted? Would like to know so I can warn others.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast