Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to add buildings/slots to Cities - COMPLETED

Default Re: How to add buildings/slots to Cities

O.K. here it is until Demis add it to a full tutorial. I suppose you've add an navy-admin slot in Athens with Demis' tutorial and you've given the right coordinates with erasmus777 excellent sheet. Now do the following:
    In main/startpos.esf go to CAMPAIN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS. Clone one of CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS (whatever you want), and put these numbers :

In CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS first line put 9999.
    In CAI_BUILDING_SLOT first line the navy-admin building ID you have made, second line put 0 (thats the group ID for buildings inside settlement), and third line 1681 (it's the the table of Athens in CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS). Thats it! Enjoy
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 21, 2009 at 05:45 PM.

demis14's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    O.K. here it is until Demis add it to a full tutorial. I suppose you've add an navy-admin slot in Athens with Demis' tutorial and you've given the right coordinates with erasmus777 excellent sheet. Now do the following:
    In main/startpos.esf go to CAMPAIN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS. Clone one of CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS (whatever you want), and put these numbers :

In CAI_BUILDING_SLOT first line the navy-admin building ID you have made, second line put 0 (thats the group ID for buildings inside settlement), and third line 1681 (it's the the table of Athens in CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS). Thats it! Enjoy
    man I love u!

Quote Originally Posted by demis14 View Post
    man I love u!
    Yes. Excellent work! +rep

Demis: I made a spelling correction to the spreadsheet and updated the file. Please use the updated version for any attachments to the OP. Thanks!
    Last edited by erasmus777; May 21, 2009 at 09:02 PM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Did anyone try replacing a slot with something else? I'd really like to make the stupid minor cities to major ones.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

demis14's Avatar Miles

As husserlTW pointed out to me through a PM, that the 8th entry in the REGION_SLOT_ARRAY of startpos.esf, doesnt seem to be the number of building level (as the tutorial says), but a number that matches with the rest REGION_SLOT_ARRAYS in the region and it doesnt seem to have any definite pattern, as cities with 5 buildings, all have different numbers (3,4,5 etc.)

Does anybody got any clue about this, because im working on rewriting the tutorial to a complete one, and this piece of information is needed...

EDIT: I also know that to set the building level, you simply write the appropriate name of building in the 2nd line of the Building field that is under Building_Manager (e.g. army_board)

Thank you for that - but one question - is there a way to find the number for the third line, without having to scroll through the CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS and trying to find some numbers that match up?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Irmo View Post
    Thank you for that - but one question - is there a way to find the number for the third line, without having to scroll through the CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS and trying to find some numbers that match up?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately no, because the esf editor does not extract any type of data like the TSV export of FPM, and the entries of CAI are not in some kind of order. I hope somebody finds a better tool about .esf files. Becarefull because the right procedure is first to find a slot in CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS (wich have much more entries) for an exsisitng slot and there you will see the 4 digit numbers. The 9 digit number in CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS is propably random and will not help you understand in wich nation or region belongs.

Unfortunately no, because the esf editor does not extract any type of data like the TSV export of FPM, and the entries of CAI are not in some kind of order. I hope somebody finds a better tool about .esf files. Becarefull because the right procedure is first to find a slot in CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS (wich have much more entries) for an exsisitng slot and there you will see the 4 digit numbers. The 9 digit number in CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS is propably random and will not help you understand in wich nation or region belongs.
    The new version of the esf editor will have a search function, so that should make life much easier in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    The new version of the esf editor will have a search function, so that should make life much easier in that regard.
    How can you do that because I can't find anything like a search tool in v. 1.4.3. That would be grate help!

How can you do that because I can't find anything like a search tool in v. 1.4.3. That would be grate help!
    koras321 said he hoped to release the new version this weekend, but unfortunately modding has to fit in to real life, not the other way around, so who knows.
    Last edited by erasmus777; May 22, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Well, thanks anyway husser, +rep, and I will wait for the search function . Thanks very much for that info anyway.

I have made some progress converting French Guyana to a major city. Later more news and perhaps a full tutorial.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by husserlTW; May 28, 2009 at 06:11 AM.

I have made some progress converting French Guyana to a major city. Later more news and perhaps a full tutorial.

husserl, you're phenomenal (or should I say phenomenological?)

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Is it possible to add villages in a province?

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    husserl, you're phenomenal (or should I say phenomenological?)
    So, you know about Husserl! Thanks for your kind and encouraging words but there are still unsolved problems. It is still a... phenomenological conversion!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Is it possible to add villages in a province?
    Don't be so harry.. One thing at a time!
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

You are absolutely incredible, husserl!

Also, I think it shoudln't be too difficult adding a town - but there is at least one db file to edit as well as the startpos and region files.

demis14's Avatar Miles

Default Re: How to add buildings/slots to Cities - COMPLETED

THE TUTORIAL IS NOW COMPLETED

Ok i followed the instructions and still CTD. I was wondering if it was because im running APE mod trying to edit starpos? I you know please let me know how to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Ok i followed the instructions and still CTD. I was wondering if it was because im running APE mod trying to edit starpos? I you know please let me know how to fix this.
    Are you sure you entered the correct ids in the CAI part? It gets tricky in those steps.

i couldnt even start the game. i would click on a country to play then start then crash, so i may try it all again and see

Edit: Ok nevermind it works, I had 1 number missing....my fault
    Last edited by Burnoutfigs; May 23, 2009 at 10:40 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast