Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to add buildings/slots to Cities - COMPLETED

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: How to add buildings/slots to Cities - COMPLETED

just checked and they can't. At least it doesn't seem so. Shouldn't be too complicated to give them walls, no?
    EDIT:
    weirdest thing just happened I added this
    Code:
    settlement_fortifications    tribal    fort_town    EU_building_placeholder        settlement_fortifications    OTT_walls_1
    in the
    Code:
    building_culture_variants
    and now every city who was too small to have a wall slot has a wall slot.
    Last edited by Lonck; June 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonck View Post
    no. I want native american settlements to have a wall slot for their starting settlements. So I want to reduce the pop size required so the wall slot can appear. Reduce pop required for city to lvl.
    There's no population requirement. As Burnoutfig writes, you need to add a building slot per the tutorial.

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

what makes a new slot appear then? as I progress through the campaign a new slot appears on my settlements. What makes that happen?
    Last edited by Lonck; June 19, 2009 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonck View Post
    what makes a new slot appear then? as I progress through the campaign a new slot appears on my settlements. What makes that happen?
    I'm not sure. I've never seen that happen. I think you're confusing the emergence of towns, which are population dependent, with city slots. Cities should never get extra slots, but you will see towns emerge in the regions you control, giving you the option to build factories, seminaries, etc.

all sounds good but how do we get the x and y on the campaign map?

Quote Originally Posted by krycek View Post
    all sounds good but how do we get the x and y on the campaign map?
    It's all explained in the tutorial.

I want to ask you if it is not possible to add any city or something at the east side of caspian sea. since it was a part of map at beta version and we can pass from there, so maybe something can be done?

hello guys,

i want to add a school to the 13 colonies....

but after getting through the tutorial and testing,... i found no solution makes it work...

kabs

demis14's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    I want to ask you if it is not possible to add any city or something at the east side of caspian sea. since it was a part of map at beta version and we can pass from there, so maybe something can be done?
    for the moment my friend is not possible to add cities... Mapping is still limited in a bit of editing due to the lack of tools/knowledge..

I am currently trying to use this as savegame editor, but I cannot seem to save my work. Adding a naval admin slot to Persia as per the tutorial here, but when I save, nothing happens, and when I try to save as, I get a new file that is 522 bytes. And also after that save I cannot load any new files, I have to quit the editor and restart it.
    It seems to save the startpos.esf where I did the same changes just fine though...

What gives?

I am using the APE:TI mod, could that be a problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, was a problem with the esf editor, I apparently downloaded an obsolete one (justs) because of numpties pushing that ones thread to the top of the forum while the 1.4.3 one that works for me is somewhere far behind...
    Last edited by krait23; July 25, 2009 at 06:15 AM.

i would be very thnxfull, if anyone could help me with my problem. Any ideas how to give schools to 13 colonies?

btw, it doesnt need to be a new city ... it could be an unsettled ... the ones ones that builded up after serveral rounds...

thnx in advance

kabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kabs View Post
    i would be very thnxfull, if anyone could help me with my problem. Any ideas how to give schools to 13 colonies?

btw, it doesnt need to be a new city ... it could be an unsettled ... the ones ones that builded up after serveral rounds...

thnx in advance

kabs
    The easiest way is to do it is in game by changing an existing town. If you want to mess with startpos.esf try this.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    The easiest way is to do it is in game by changing an existing town. If you want to mess with startpos.esf try this.
    i testet before and get messed up ^^ :>

but ive seen that my .pack dont get saved when say PFM do it?????

why ....?

Quote Originally Posted by Kabs View Post
    i testet before and get messed up ^^ :>

but ive seen that my .pack dont get saved when say PFM do it?????

why ....?
    Another solution is to go in stratpos, one of 13 colonies region, find the building slot of an existing town, and put false in building manager and delete the building sub-record. This way the town will have no building in the beginning and you can choose to be school.

Maybe the problem to make the complete conversion in statpos is that you have to know the building code for schools (4?) to change the one of towns (2) in cai_building_slot and do the same in cai_regions_slot.

What PFM has to do with this?

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

In adding Admiralty to Denmark. The buildings is not placed correctly for me on the city itself. And it cause a crash on end turn. Would that be correct??? Will that cause the CTD on end turn?

I beleave I got the correct values to put in your spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Gomer_Pyle; August 11, 2009 at 11:48 PM.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    In adding Admiralty to Denmark. The buildings is not placed correctly for me on the city itself. And it cause a crash on end turn. Would that be correct??? Will that cause the CTD on end turn?

I beleave I got the correct values to put in your spreadsheet.
    If it's not placed correctly, then you'll need to double-check the coordinates you are using. My mod adds a admiralty to Denmark. Compare what you've done to my approach. Click on my sig and follow the link.

I beleave everything is correct. But I do not find the entry you have made for the admiralty in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS with 691978999. Everything else seems correct. I even copied your placement coordinates. Weird thing is that it shows up alright now and still I get CTD when clicking end turn on first turn. Only difference I have to yours is that it is not build in the city yet. It is buildable but not built.

Edit: I tried removing the CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS entry I made and tested. Then I could build it and skip turns until it was actually build on turn 4 then it crashed instantly. So I am guessing it has to do with CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS entry.

In CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS 1st entry I put 9999 (and others) in CAI_BUILDING_SLOT I put in 691978999 which is the same on REGION. Also put 0 on 2nd entry and tried both 2544 and 2545 in 3rd slot. 2544 being settlement ID. Rest of the files is a clone of your files.

Edit2: Managed to get it to work now. I created a CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS with 1st entry 9000 and put 691978999 in CAI_BUILDING_SLOT 1st entry. I can play and upgrade it now. Even save the game. But when I wanna quit the game or go to main menu I get ETW stopped working or I get a freeze. Hmm. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions. Yeah vanilla game and my normal Imperial Splendour mod is working just fine.

I have attached the files if anyone fancy having a look.
    Last edited by Gomer_Pyle; August 12, 2009 at 03:20 PM.

-Aristotle-

In CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS 1st entry I put 9999 (and others) in CAI_BUILDING_SLOT I put in 691978999 which is the same on REGION. Also put 0 on 2nd entry and tried both 2544 and 2545 in 3rd slot. 2544 being settlement ID. Rest of the files is a clone of your files.
    This the problem. The fundamental rule of editing the starpos is that it's a zero-sum game: that is, to give something to one faction, you have to take it away from another. If you want to find where I put my admiralty, find the building slot for Malta. I upgraded Malta's building so the AI couldn't upgrade it further (that would give a CTD because I gave the slot to Copenhagen's new admiralty), and then gave the slot to the Danes. Be forewarned that if you go about it this way, you can never attack Malta, as it will give a CTD. Since there are no naval invasions (for all intents and purposes), you don't need to worry about the AI invading. Edit: this will get rid of the exit bug.

Although using Malta works fine, the best way to fix it is to take a slot from another city. I would recommend taking the slot from St. Petersburg since none of the contenders (Denmark, Poland, Sweden and Russia) for that settlement need an admiralty. However, this takes more work. Check out husserl's thread on converting minor cities into major ones for more details.

You are saying that to if I do it your way I can not attack Malta at all? But taking a slot from St. Petersburg wouldnt that be bigger chance of Denmark attacking St.Petersburg than Malta? Or will the CTD thing not happen if I use St.Petersburg?

-Aristotle-

You are saying that to if I do it your way I can not attack Malta at all? But taking a slot from St. Petersburg wouldnt that be bigger chance of Denmark attacking St.Petersburg than Malta? Or will the CTD thing not happen if I use St.Petersburg?
    You cannot attack Malta at all. However, the CTD doesn't happen if you take the slot from St. Petersburg (or any other 5 slot city--it's just that St. Petersburg's admiralty is totally superfluous in terms of gameplay). What I mean though, is that you completely remove the slot, including deleting the region slot in the region array and removing the slot from regions.esf. That's the only way I've found that's completely bug free.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast