Thread: Sinuhet's ETW Battle AI

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Default Sinuhet's ETW Battle AI

Sinuhet's ETW Battle AI v. 2.0

download link:
    version 2.0 in TWC Download Section

Brief description:
    I have modded several other files to fix as much as possible some annoying bugs introduced by the 1.2 patched game.

The formations version 1.2 are included for better results. However, these two files are in fact two mutually independent mods as for the pure technical view. So, you can use the BAI pack file only, and everything will be OK as for a function. You will have only to larger extent the vanilla taste playing your battles ....

Installation:
    Copy the .pack files into data subfolder of your game installation.
    The included script file is necessary to copy into the hidden folder in your "Documents and settings" user profile (path .../Application data/The Creative Assembly/ETW/scripts)

Let me know what you mean about the new changes. Here, in this thread, discuss the new battle AI only, please. Any questions and suggestions concerning the groupformations write into the old thread (link bellow), thank you

Sinuhet's formations v. 1.2
    Last edited by Sinuhet; May 19, 2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: new version (2.0) released
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

Default Re: Sinuhet's ETW Battle AI

Calling this a BAI is a little misleading isn't it? I mean you've changed fatigue, moral tables, rules, and allowed certain units to use/not use certain abilities, which overrides other mods that change those values. I didn't see any files that altered the AI in this.

You should rename it something else so people who use darth's mod or TROM will know this overrides their rules or specify that this is only for Imperior Splendor or vanilla. Perhaps call it Sinuhet's battle tweaks?
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

What is TROM?

No, that isn't a banana

Rights of Man

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nova View Post
    Calling this a BAI is a little misleading isn't it? I mean you've changed fatigue, moral tables, rules, and allowed certain units to use/not use certain abilities, which overrides other mods that change those values. I didn't see any files that altered the AI in this.

You should rename it something else so people who use darth's mod or TROM will know this overrides their rules or specify that this is only for Imperior Splendor or vanilla. Perhaps call it Sinuhet's battle tweaks?
    Hi Lord Nova,
    thank you for your feed-back. Well, the version 1 of my ETW Battle AI was the starting point of my modding the battle AI. Only question of my free time to mod more .... In every case, I see as irrelevant any naming convention you have implicitly suggested, i.e. if someone will mod X number of the files related to battle AI, you can name it only tweaks, if someone will mod more than Y number of the related files, then it is already the new battle mechanics or battle AI. In fact, even small changes in only several files could have large impact on the gameplay as for the battle AI (I understand under these words the manner the computer is using the units in its army during battle, nothing else and nothing more).

I could feel as de-honesting for the users of my mods to write them explicitly any remarks as for incompatibility of my mods with any other mods, which had modded the same files. It is trivial and natural ...
    However, such an incompatibility is not preventing any usage my "small" mods with any other "large" mods. "Small" mods can override the settings in "large" mods, and this combination can crate quite new quality as for gameplay. It is only the preference of the user/gamer.

In every case, you can try the new version of this my mod, which is primarily developed for the vanilla patched 1.2, Large Units in settings (compared to the version 1.0 of this my mod, which I have developed as "tweaks" for the Imperial Splendour primarily).

Bye, Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

Quote Originally Posted by Sinuhet View Post

I could feel as de-honesting for the users of my mods to write them explicitly any remarks as for incompatibility of my mods with any other mods, which had modded the same files. It is trivial and natural ...
    However, such an incompatibility is not preventing any usage my "small" mods with any other "large" mods. "Small" mods can override the settings in "large" mods, and this combination can crate quite new quality as for gameplay. It is only the preference of the user/gamer.

I understand that but most users are downloading this believing you touched the AI files when you've changed game mechanics. The user should have options but when they don't know exactly what your mod is changing, how can they make that decision? I was in no way calling you a liar or implying the your mod is "small", yes you are right this mod will change how the battle AI fights but only because it changes the rules for which the battle AI has to deal with, not due to any AI tweaks.

I was simply saying that the description of your mod and it's name is misleading and you know as well as I do that most are going to use this mod with one of the big gameplay mods out there (just like most use your formations) but they won't know it's overriding certain files since they believe the AI files were tweaked and as you said, even a small tweak results in big changes for gameplay. A more detailed description on the first post would help ease the confusion to let the user know exactly what you've changed. It's also hard to provide feedback to something that we have no clue what you changed.
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

The name of the thread is misleading. I just thought, for a second, that you actually had made the game better by changing the BAI in some magical way, unknown for all the other modders. I was wrong, sigh.

Let us all pray that CA will release some tools or anything so this can happen!

Looking forward to downloading your "real" BAI mod later though

Cheers
    M

Considering with what kind of limitations you are facing due to "hardcoded" things, i thing you did good job of getting battles to work on decent scale.

Your and Darth's work kept me playing R:TW adn M2TW for years now, and i hope that it will do same with this one.

As for some posts here, it is not fair to criticize effort of established TW modding member, that made huge contribution to this series playability, without any valid reason. I am not sure what do you expect from modder , when CA is still holding plug on accessibility of certain codes.

I would think some apologies should be in order
    Last edited by Tariq; May 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Has anyone tried this with 1.5? I loaded it up again, and it could just be my imagination or my desire to play this game, despite the horrible BAI, but it might actually help minimize melee and indecisiveness.

Can anyone confirm?

i await for a further review dignan...please do tell more

hello all, first post :-D

i tried this with is2 and additonal mods like flag, sound etc. mods and also sinhuets formations mod. meleecharges seems to be reduced but the chicken-run contest goes on. got a ctd without error message during the battle. but all in all it seems to work with the is2 mod. just played 1 battle.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Excellent work!
    Last edited by Thoragoros; January 16, 2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.