Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Minor Nations Unlocked for this mod

discet's Avatar Tiro
    If your a cop Im in micronesia if your not you dont need to know

Default [SUBMOD] Minor Nations Unlocked for this mod

http://files.filefront.com/startpose.../fileinfo.html
    All usable nations are playable, with this slight sub-mod.

Go to programdata/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/ data/campaigns/main and replace startpos with this. I recommend you backup the original one if you want just the original one

this is (to my knolodge) is the only faction inclusion mod that works for this mod
    Last edited by Johan217; October 01, 2009 at 05:43 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon

A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves. ~German Proverb

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals. ~Colman McCarthy

Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them. ~Pacifist Badge, 1978

pretorian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Minor Nations Unlocked for this mod

Wow. That is great news at beginning of the day thanks and will do some test for now, rep+

I'm going to sticky this sub-mod, since many people have asked. Note that the TROM team doesn't support this directly! -- your milage may vary! Also note that if the future patch notes state that the startpos.esf file has been editied, a new version of this mod will need to be made!

Best,

Sage

Thank you very much for the great job done! I just wanted to ask - is Scotland included as a playable nation from the beginning this way?

Kiljaden's Avatar Centenarius

Scotland is not in ETW because at this point in history (May 1st, 1707 to be exact), the Kingdom of Scotland was united with the Kingdom of England to become the Kingdom of Great Britain. Then in 1801, Ireland "joined" and the KoGB became the UK. The fact that ETW spans 1700-18xx means that a compromise of sorts would have to be reached: A Kingdom of Great Britain with Ireland included

Oops, sorry) The unmodded campaign starts in 1701, so I thought it was possible to start, say, three months BEFORE the union)

discet's Avatar Tiro

No but I hope to one day develop a few emergent nations in, as separate start.pos.esf files, so that most of the campaign remains the same except for the regions your emergent factions include.
    In order these are the ones I want to get running
    Ireland
    Scotland
    Greece
    Egypt
    Norway
    Naples/Sicily.

I'll get other ones eventually

A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves. ~German Proverb

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals. ~Colman McCarthy

Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them. ~Pacifist Badge, 1978

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

norway would be sweet!

Civis

Serbia would be sweeter!

discet's Avatar Tiro

sorry I dont think thats an emergant faction, is it. I would be happy to if it were but I don't know how to make factions yet

This is good for 1.14.0 right?

I've posted a tutorial on how to remove the Fog of War bug from minor factions. It's not a "work around" but an actual fix:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...27#post5198227

Removed link for now, not sure which files are altered. File will be back up shortly.
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; May 19, 2009 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    and i have followed said tutorial and here is a file enabling all nations, adding victory conditions and disabling the FOW bug.
    the scripting file is necessary to ensure there are no crashes when playing NA protectorates.

If you are not ok with me posting this file here, sage2, PM me.
    I have no problem with it, as long as folks using this don't post in the tech support section without noting that they have this installed.

Also, note that there will be AOR changes in the future. We will try and keep them to a minimum, but they are necessary for the mod to move forward.

madrush's Avatar Senator

this file does not necessarily work for me because I can play them BUT the game crashes when I go to the next turn AND I cant build armies or upgrade my buildings.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    this file does not necessarily work for me because I can play them BUT the game crashes when I go to the next turn AND I cant build armies or upgrade my buildings.
    About crashes: I believe this could be cause when you play a minor nation that starts as a protectorate of another nation. What nation were you playing as?

Units and buildings... Does this mod only alter the Startpos file? If yes, that might explain. Some minor factions only have limited building options in their home territory - that's also the reason why you won't see many Bavarian Cuirassiers etc in the game. To make these nations properly playable, you'd have to make sure they don't start with the "military governor" building, because this severely limits your recruitment/building options.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

madrush's Avatar Senator

the knights of saint john, Denmark and Huron confederacy

Bornstein's Avatar Foederatus

Can anyone add Victory Conditions to this submod? I love The Rights of Man mod, but my favorite aspect of the campaign is playing as a minor faction and rising to prominence. It's conflicting, haha, if this mod had additional units and playable minor factions with VCs (which I don't see why they don't do) it would be absolutely perfect.

Some victory conditions would be excellent.

And just to be clear, will this work properly with the newest versions of TROM?

Bornstein's Avatar Foederatus

The minor faction unlock works for me, I think they haven't messed with the startpos since this was released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast