View Poll Results: Shall Octavius become an Artifex?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 10.00%

Thread: [PASSED 05/19/09] [Artifex] Octavius (Patron: B. Ward)

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Default [PASSED 05/19/09] [Artifex] Octavius (Patron: B. Ward)

Patron: B. Ward

I, B. Ward propose that the member Octavius be granted citizenship and promoted to the rank of Artifex.

Normally, I come well equipped with a member with a list of contributions and accomplishments. This time, I present a member who has a created a tool that after running a few test, will allow many more members to get into mapping for the M2TW engine. I heard about the tool and its production while I was still a moderator over the M2TW and Kingdoms forum areas. Usually, I like to allow Citizens who work closely with up and coming members the opportunity to patronize them. However, after seeing this member being proposed for the Opifex medal with only a few initial releases of his mapping tool and lacking the sufficient support, I decided to approach him to let him know that his contribution is still appreciated, even by someone as myself who has been mapping by hand since I began modding M2TW. I do believe that in the future when this tool does everything he wishes it to do, that Opifex should be no question. But as of right now, I feel that Octavius and his Geomod mapping tool is more than enough a contibution to the modding scene to have him lifted to the citizen class. For me it's never been too much about bringing modders into the Curia and site politics, but rather letting them know that we are watching and we do appreciate them. Below in his paragraph you should be able to find the link to Geomod and the work he has put into it. He continues to be helpful and has captured the interest of already prominent modders to further along his tool's development. His mod that is off-site, I had him include just to show his work ethic as an individual.

Regards,
    B. Ward, Opifex

Client: Octavius

I am a french total war modder and player. I am 22 years old and in the real life I am a student in genetics research and a communist activist. A friend introduced me to the game Rome Total War and I started playing with it. After a few campaigns, I started to modify the game to correct the bugs and to enhance the historical accuracy. I released a few minor mods and tools, and some tutorials for the ancient french forum totalwar.fr on which I was a moderator. To my regret, my major mod (which was named "HIPack") was never released and then the french forum was destroyed... With the release of M2TW, a new community grew up and built universtotalwar.fr. I played several campaigns and again I started doing mods to improve the game. As I was learning programming with the language PureBasic for my pleasure, I answered to a request on the new french forum : people wanted a tool to make modding easier and faster, so I began the project Geomod and the BinEditor. I also made a french mod, the MPack which is now version 3.0, with corrected bugs and a new map. The MPack is waiting for version 3.1, but I am still programming Geomod and I have not enough time to do all what I want to do, but thanks to Geomod my own mod is developping faster than never !

see here for my major mod (MPack) : http://www.universtotalwar.fr/Forum/...?showforum=115

and here for Geomod : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=201955

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default Re: [Artifex] Octavius (Patron: B. Ward)

B. Ward's support is good enough for me on this.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

I cannot support any application for citizenship by a frenchman! lol

I agree that work of this nature is suitable for citizenship. Such a tool would make life much easier for many mod makers.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

As I said in the Opifex thread, the tool is a valuable one that just doesn't quite stack up with the precedent of tool-based Opifex recipients. It's more than enough for Artifex however, because it is doubtlessly useful for mapping endeavors.

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Hey Curator

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Moar polls.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

If he continues his work, purple may be the replacement.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I have just recently worked with this tool and it is superb. I know sinople wanted to patronize him once his 3 months was up, but Octavius deserves it now.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Civitate

Da

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Passed.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin