View Poll Results: What do you think of NBG?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's an improvement on the vanilla game and I will continue to use it.

45 44.12%
  • It shows potential, but I will not be using it for the time being.

39 38.24%
  • Not my style, I will be sticking to vanilla gameplay/another mod.

18 17.65%
Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire: Tactical Warfare v1.0

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Empire: Tactical Warfare v1.0

Empire: Tactical Warfare v1.0

Welcome to the very first and official unveiling of the new, improved, and renamed Empire: Tactical Warfare mod for Empire: Total War!

Downloads:

Featuring:
    • Realistic Land Battle Mechanics system, focussing on morale as the main ingredient in the sweet cocktail of victory, and increased variability betwen troop types.
    • Three new factions available for multiplayer and custom battles! Hannover, Saxony & Bavaria, completely completely reskinned and revamped, each with their own unique factional flavour.
    • Mech_Donald's Blood & Smoke Lite mod. Persistent smoke clouds the field, and cannonballs tear a bloody path through anything in their way.
    • sgt_melin's Combined Sound Mod, making use of Obushnikov and GeraldDuval's sound mods. Hear crack of muskets and the boom of cannons like never before!
    • pisoiasul's Atmospheric Battle Sound Effects mod. The field of battle is silent no more! Hear the screams and moans of your enemy's (and your own) dying and wounded.
    • somerandomMinja's Cavalry Standard mod. See cavalry ride to battle and glory under their standards of their own.
    • Spanky's Militia mod. Militia are now correct for the period and appear as Line Infantry with lower quality uniforms.
    • Poland-Lithuania completely reskinned, as well as Great Britain and Austria.
    • Campaign Technology Changes. Technology tree and unit availability altered to better reflect a historical progression.
    • Two New Maps left out of the game by CA, Alsace and Spanish Foothills. (Temporarily Unavailable.)

Installation:
    Extract EmpireTacWar.pack, and the localisation file, to your data directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data by default, under XP). The localisation file should replace any existing localisation file, for example the Lordz Map Pack localisation file. EmpireTacWar.pack is mod pack format, so you will need to generate a user.empire_script.txt file, or use Mod Manager to activate it. You can get Mod Manager here.

To create your own user.empire_script.txt file, go to C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, create the .txt file, and paste the following into the file, then save:
    Code:
    mod "EmpireTacWar_301109.pack";
    Do not delete patch.pack!

Troubleshooting:
    Your data directory should look like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    campaigns/
    campaign_maps/
    text/
    ui/
    unitmodels/
    all_scripted.lua
    anim.pack
    battlepresets.pack
    battleterrain.pack
    battle_scripted.lua
    boot.pack
    common.dll (For Mod Manager, may or may not be there)
    tacwar_localisation_301109.pack
    groupformations.pack
    LMCmapmod.pack
    local_en.pack
    main.pack
    models.pack
    movies.pack
    patch.pack
    patch_en.pack
    seasurfaces.pack
    sounds.pack
    sounds_animation_triggers.pack
    sounds_campaign.pack
    sounds_music.pack
    sounds_other.pack
    sounds_placeholder.pack
    sounds_sfx.pack
    sound_non_wavefile_data.pack
    subtitles.pack
    supertexture.pack
    terrain_templates.pack
    testdata.pack
    ui.pack
    ui_movies.pack
    voices.pack
    EmpireTacWar_301109.pack

Also, verify your files by right clicking on Empire: Total War on the game page on steam, going to properties, selecting the Local Files tab, and clicking the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." button.

Known Issues:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    • Rate of Fire is out of sync with the scale.
    • Cannister is far too concentrated, and overpowered.
    • Some DLC over-powered and/or underpriced.
    • French have revolutionary instead of Bourbon flag, probably as a result of the old mod being used as a base to restore the new one.

Credits:
    Thanks to all the people mentioned above, for contributing their work to my own, and to KO|Druid, [Grognard]_JC_Von_Preussen, KO|Strudog, and NBC|FilipVonZietek, for their assistance in developing the mod.

Happy Gaming,

Mooncabbage
    Last edited by Mooncabbage; December 01, 2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

Default Re: Napoleon's Battles: Grognard Mod v2a Beta

Great work Cabbage. Ill try it out today and see if its still the same feeling.

It should, if it works, play out just like a stripped down grognard mod, same as always. If it works. All the core gameplay files are in it, even if it is like 51kb.

Wow, that was quick work.....as someone has to ask stupid questions, it may as well be me first.

1. The four downloaded files above all go into the Data folder that the old patch pack went into, is that correct ?.

2. If you want to set this up WITHOUT mod manager, how do you create the correct script.txt file....I have a preference file in that script folder at the moment, how do I get the other files into it ?.

3. If playing MP only, is it just the "Core" and "Lordz" downloads needed ?.

4. IF the Lordz add another new map pack, how will will get that to work as well ?.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but thre are many of us who don't fully understand how all this stuff works and we need 100% idiot proof guides....many thanks and great work to get it working so quickly.

ps-In MP is it "normal" size units or the big darth mod size units ?.

Is the mod version compatible with multiplayer games ?

I recall last version of Grognard mod issued as MOD could not be played in multiplayer, that's why they reworked it as PATCH .

Yes LEGIO_Desaix, I think you are right here. I have tried myself using two machines via LAN and can't join my own game. Its unbelievable but true, appears that the CA mod pack system doesn't work in MP.

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    Yes LEGIO_Desaix, I think you are right here. I have tried myself using two machines via LAN and can't join my own game. Its unbelievable but true, appears that the CA mod pack system doesn't work in MP.
    Try to set the NBM to MOVIE and not to MOD with the FilePackManager of LTChambers.

Unfortunately I have my connection down at home and I cannot test by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    Try to set the NBM to MOVIE and not to MOD with the FilePackManager of LTChambers.

Unfortunately I have my connection down at home and I cannot test by myself.
    I changed everything to type 'patch' and things seem to work online (testing via LAN), but I'm having problems with the load order of the patch packs...how does one tell ETW to load Darths first then Grogs last?

Regards, Moopere

Screenshots would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner24 View Post
    Wow, that was quick work.....as someone has to ask stupid questions, it may as well be me first.

1. The four downloaded files above all go into the Data folder that the old patch pack went into, is that correct ?.

2. If you want to set this up WITHOUT mod manager, how do you create the correct script.txt file....I have a preference file in that script folder at the moment, how do I get the other files into it ?.

3. If playing MP only, is it just the "Core" and "Lordz" downloads needed ?.

4. IF the Lordz add another new map pack, how will will get that to work as well ?.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but thre are many of us who don't fully understand how all this stuff works and we need 100% idiot proof guides....many thanks and great work to get it working so quickly.

ps-In MP is it "normal" size units or the big darth mod size units ?.
    1. Yes, all the files go in the data folder.

2. Create a file called user.empire_script.txt and copy those lines in the code section into it.

3. My guess is, if you are playing MP you will need to have the same files as your opponent. I have not tested it online, I need you guys to tell me if it works or not.

4. The Lordz map pack worked fine as it was with no changes at all, which was a pleasant surprise. Presumably any new packs will work just as well.

5. It's normal size units, the load order overides the darthmod unit_stats_land, with our own unit stats, including unit sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    I changed everything to type 'patch' and things seem to work online (testing via LAN), but I'm having problems with the load order of the patch packs...how does one tell ETW to load Darths first then Grogs last?

Regards, Moopere
    Unfortunately there is no way that I am aware of to define the order patch packs are loaded, I think the game is designed to work with only one patch file.

It's a real pain in the arse having to use patch packs because in order to make it work, I have to copy all the essential files into a new patch.pack, and then you all have to fiddle around swapping out the patch, and replacing it with the new file. This means every time CA patches, I have to start basically all over, and hope I remember exactly what files I changed. On top of which, the core mod goes from 51kb to 60mb or so, plus the skins, which I will of course include, and any other mods I decide to add in. All this slows down development, because it takes longer to open, edit and save the packs. At the moment it takes about 3 seconds for me to do any one of those steps, allowing me to very quickly test changes as I make them. With larger files it can take a few minutes, which is a long time when you consider I sometimes have to test every single change to isolate a problem.

I had hoped to make the mod more campaign compatible by giving users the option of which campaign based mod they wanted to use our mod with, allowing us to focus on making the battles as fun as possible.

If it's not possible and we need to revert to a patch pack, I'll do it, and it won't be too hard, atleast initially, it's simply a matter of copying all the files into a copy of patch.pack and renaming it for the mod. I won't be doing it tonight though, you fellas will have to wait until atleast tomorrow.

Regards,

Mooncabbage

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

In what way does this mod improve the battle AI and is it better to install the darthmod with it. I have just payed one battle and the enemy seemed to form better lines with flank attacks but that may be my imagination. I really like the way the Generals staff has been reduced in number and their ability to dismount.

Congratulations Moon, I thank you for your work, you try to re-patch pack so to proceed as before by putting directly into data?

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    In what way does this mod improve the battle AI and is it better to install the darthmod with it. I have just payed one battle and the enemy seemed to form better lines with flank attacks but that may be my imagination. I really like the way the Generals staff has been reduced in number and their ability to dismount.
    This mod makes no attempt to improve battle AI, hence the suggested inclusion of darth mod. It is a realism/gameplay mod with a multiplayer emphasis. That said, I think it makes for great fun battles

I will be putting it BACK into a patch.pack today, but I will continue to upload them ALL as a seperate release for people who want to play single player, and because it's just easier for me to develop in individual files.

It's now uploading, I've decided to upload both the core and complete files for v2b, which includes a few minor changes.
    Last edited by Mooncabbage; May 12, 2009 at 02:30 AM.

Then we can play Darth Mod or Mod Grognard as we want?
    Otherwise, the artillery is still vulnerable on the road?

The artillery is still stuffed, sorry. In fact it's probably even worse than before, as I lost JC's fix. People wishing to contribute to the mod should use the mod packs, and send me their individual file changes with a change log. I will continue to develop using the mod packs, releasing a complete patch pack when the core file sees a new release. The current system of mod packs will continue for people interested in single player gaming, since I have to maintain it for development purposes anyway.

The Complete Pack is up, and should allow you all to play multiplayer again. It includes the lordz map pack, so there should be no crashes relating to people using the mod not having the appropriate maps
    Last edited by Mooncabbage; May 12, 2009 at 04:14 AM.

As I asked earlier we have just download and do everything in the data without the addition of a script, do you confirm?
    For artillery JC I contact to find out how and if it still has the data changes.

Fantastic work, very good undeed, may I make a very small suggestion, that you highlight this section in the first post :

Finally, a complete pack is included FOR MULTIPLAYER GAMERS. To install, simply copy it into your data folder and remove the file named patch.pack. This pack is designed for use only by multiplayer gamers, as mod packs do not work online. It includes both the core and fun packs, as well as darth mod as a base and the lordz map pack, preloaded in the correct order. You do not require a user.empire_script.txt file with this pack. The complete pack will be updated only when the core pack is updated. THE COMPLETE PACK DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY OTHER FILES.
    A question about the Lordz map pack, what if we already have that in the data folder ?.....also will it work if there is another map pack released, or will it have to be included in the v2b complete package ?.

Map pack the Lordz is given in conjunction with the other, I think it is not included in v2b.

What are the disadvantages of the Complete Pack? Are the new skins and campaign mode lost in Complete pack?

Otherwise the choice is easy ofcourse; If Complete Pack works with everything then everyone will pick that.

P.s I don't think its good to release different kind of versions as we want to make a community that runs exclusively the same mod?

[quote='[Grognard]_Arjan;5167878']What are the disadvantages of the Complete Pack? Are the new skins and campaign mode lost in Complete pack?

Otherwise the choice is easy ofcourse; If Complete Pack works with everything then everyone will pick that.

Quote Originally Posted by [Grognard]_Arjan View Post
    P.s I don't think its good to release different kind of versions as we want to make a community that runs exclusively the same mod?
    Perhaps the MP pack should be put in a separate box? As I understand it only the complete pack is MP compatible so all the interested MP community should be running that one.

Cheers, M.

Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast