Empire: Tactical Warfare v1.0
Welcome to the very first and official unveiling of the new, improved, and renamed Empire: Tactical Warfare mod for Empire: Total War!
- Realistic Land Battle Mechanics system, focussing on morale as the main ingredient in the sweet cocktail of victory, and increased variability betwen troop types.
- Three new factions available for multiplayer and custom battles! Hannover, Saxony & Bavaria, completely completely reskinned and revamped, each with their own unique factional flavour.
- Mech_Donald's Blood & Smoke Lite mod. Persistent smoke clouds the field, and cannonballs tear a bloody path through anything in their way.
- sgt_melin's Combined Sound Mod, making use of Obushnikov and GeraldDuval's sound mods. Hear crack of muskets and the boom of cannons like never before!
- pisoiasul's Atmospheric Battle Sound Effects mod. The field of battle is silent no more! Hear the screams and moans of your enemy's (and your own) dying and wounded.
- somerandomMinja's Cavalry Standard mod. See cavalry ride to battle and glory under their standards of their own.
- Spanky's Militia mod. Militia are now correct for the period and appear as Line Infantry with lower quality uniforms.
- Poland-Lithuania completely reskinned, as well as Great Britain and Austria.
- Campaign Technology Changes. Technology tree and unit availability altered to better reflect a historical progression.
- Two New Maps left out of the game by CA, Alsace and Spanish Foothills. (Temporarily Unavailable.)
Extract EmpireTacWar.pack, and the localisation file, to your data directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data by default, under XP). The localisation file should replace any existing localisation file, for example the Lordz Map Pack localisation file. EmpireTacWar.pack is mod pack format, so you will need to generate a user.empire_script.txt file, or use Mod Manager to activate it. You can get Mod Manager here.
To create your own user.empire_script.txt file, go to C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, create the .txt file, and paste the following into the file, then save:
Do not delete patch.pack!
Your data directory should look like this:
Also, verify your files by right clicking on Empire: Total War on the game page on steam, going to properties, selecting the Local Files tab, and clicking the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." button.
Thanks to all the people mentioned above, for contributing their work to my own, and to KO|Druid, [Grognard]_JC_Von_Preussen, KO|Strudog, and NBC|FilipVonZietek, for their assistance in developing the mod.