Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heaven; what would we do there?

Heaven; what would we do there?
    In the Egyptian book of the dead, we are told that one may pursue all earthly pleasures such as eating, loving, fishing etc. without the fear of death for all eternity.
    What do you think heaven should be like?
    What would good Christians etc. do?
    if it exists - what do you think it is like?

Speculate!
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Libertus

If heaven would be like what most people seem to think it is, then I would try to gain all the knowledge and wisdom there is. After that I would probably:

a) "Kill" myself to get into the nonexistent state I "remember" being in before I was born,

or

b) With my knowledge and wisdom, or with the unique ability of God, try to get back to earth and start a new life, forgetting about everything I know until I die again.

Because, frankly, eternal life in paradise/heaven seems more like torture when you actually think about it.

I don't know I think it'll be kind of like here but without the sinfulness but maybe it will be just like a spiritual state of mind or something (although I'm reasonably sure all the clouds and stuff on like t.v. is just idiotic)
    Me and my friend sam
    Sam "Hey Tom should I kill them all?" Me "yes" Sam "even the women and children?" Me "Especially the women and children"

Maybe it's just a place where you can stay until you are sent/reincarnated back to earth again. I hope it's like that, maybe I'll reincarnate as a guy from Rome total war :happy
    Proud Citizen of Romania.

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Because, frankly, eternal life in paradise/heaven seems more like torture when you actually think about it.
    Not really. You have to remember that a heaven would be nothing like our physical universe. You would experience things beyond your ability to understand (right now) and see things beyond your wildest dreams. If you think heaven will be like a tropical beach, than yes after a while it will be boring. But think, if you could do anything you wanted (besides evil), make anything that you love or want come into being, would you ever really get bored. It wouldn't be fair to judge what an afterlife would be like if you haven't experienced it. But there are those who have come back from a state of death, telling believeable stories about what it is like on the other side, so it may be possible to get a small hint of what it will be like.

Cliomhdubh's Avatar Campidoctor

the ultimate session in the sky eh em lets see you could get drunk or stoned all day and never get sick or get a hangover(not that i ever get one) you could eat all you wanted and never get fat you would return to your youthful looks and never grow any older oh and women lots and lots of women all beautiful ones :happy

From the great Gales of Ireland
    Are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry,
    And all their songs are sad.
    G. K. Chesterton

Kripp: interesting stuff! I like the birth paradox [not knowing anything pre-birth]. I see what you mean about paradise being like torture! If you think of an earthly existence ad-infinitum then that would be torture. I think our nature [the nature of the soul] would be different – more subtle & feeling at one with all things, it would be a different reality more timeless [imho].
    Mogred: less sinful? I agree, [because of our different state of being] but whare does one draw the line? Who draws it? And what dastardly things would one do to an offender?
    Would it be wrong to; make love, hunt [kill] & drink for instance?

cloim... lol
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Originally posted by Orretje@May 22 2005, 10:25 AM
    Maybe it's just a place where you can stay until you are sent/reincarnated back to earth again. I hope it's like that, maybe I'll reincarnate as a guy from Rome total war :happy
    And maybe I'll reincarnate as someone who's actually good at Rome: Total War.
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

lol @ Flogger

Actually I hope heaven is a place with the most beautiful girls in all flavours that just want one thing, u know what I mean. For then it wouldn't exactly be a torture to be there forever unless you're gay. I would like to go back to life again though.
    Proud Citizen of Romania.

What if you are gay? Would one not be allowed in heaven? Or would we ‘have’ to watch! Unless they ‘have’ to be secretive?

remembering that sex is a very earthly thing! that perhaps is simply not relevant in heaven.

come to think of it; you cant get 'higher' than heaven so maybe drink & drugs would be of no relevance?

Cliomhdubh's Avatar Campidoctor

according to the big 3 religions.. homosexuals are goin to hell although i hope they allow bi sexual women into heaven

From the great Gales of Ireland
    Are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry,
    And all their songs are sad.
    G. K. Chesterton

If everyone in heaven is of one of the major religions, then I want to go to hell! :lol

If there is a heaven then I'll surely try and spend my time talking to God... or discussing philosphy, or meeting new people, like maybe I could talk to Socrates etc etc

But yes, the idea of being in heaven forever sounds kind of boring...
    Under the wing of Nihil - Under my claws; Farnan, Ummon, & Ecclesiastes.

Human beings will be happier — not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie — but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
    Kurt Vonnegut

to be reunited with family members would be nice, i would enjoy talking to some presidents, generals, Ablert Einstien, and just enjoy myself, i like the fact everyone assums that they are going to be havin sex in heaven when husband and wife is the only non sin'd sex, how do you know your even gonn have sex parts, or the urge to have sex.
    <span style='color:green'>C</span><span style='color:gray'>o</span><span style='color:red'>s</span><span style='color:green'>a</span> <span style='color:gray'>N</span><span style='color:red'>o</span><span style='color:green'>s</span><span style='color:gray'>t</span><span style='color:red'>r</span><span style='color:green'>a</span> <span style='color:gray'>T</span><span style='color:red'>i</span><span style='color:green'>l</span><span style='color:gray'>l</span> <span style='color:red'>I</span> <span style='color:green'>D</span><span style='color:gray'>i</span><span style='color:red'>e</span>

<span style='color:green'>The</span> <span style='color:gray'>Sicilian</span> <span style='color:red'>Warrior</span>

May I just say that boredom is an earthly state [concerned with wants & desires caused by the brains interaction with nature]. And that heaven may be nothingness i.e. nirvana, where everything is at its most subtle & simple & all of these notions would not arise in the mind&#33;

how about visiting ancient empires [& the people thereof] &#39;as above so below&#39; so the ancients would say&#33;

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

It is like asking about God. We cannot have any idea. Rationality won&#39;t get us anywhere as we will be forced to antropomorphise things, to adapt them to the human categories that we posses and use. Faith can only show us images that cannot be sustained through other means and that only true in a logic of revelation. So, we cannot say anything about Haven until we get there. And then we are likely to be unable to say anything as we will be dead...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

I am kind of hoping they have M: TW2 (or 3, 4 etc) in the afterlife and it&#39;s as good or better then the original. But then, if the afterlife is heaven, it will be great&#33;

From what I feel, the afterlife is like a blank canvas. You make it from the experiences you have in life. You know what you like and you know what you hate. When you need more input for more creation of your afterlife, you would be reincarnated to gain new experiences.

Also, in Heaven, Han shoots first, not Greedo. :whistle

Keep in mind the concept shown in The Matrix movies.

"The first Matrix was designed to be a perfect place, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster." - Agent Smith (I don&#39;t care if thats the exact quote or not)

Adversity and overcoming it is a big part of our lives, good OR bad. A place with no adversity might seem too artificial.

Nothing would be unique either. If I could will Lindsay Lohan into existence whenever I wanted in Heaven, pretty soon I&#39;d get bored (amazing though it may seem).

Just a thought.

-Comrade Alexeo

The afterlife would be another world, just as we come into this one without any say in its design, so to shall we enter the next. Perhaps existence is not about what we want or think it should be like, & heaven is of its own design & not ours&#33; Who says it is/should be a perfect place? It may simply be ‘another place’.

boredom is not relevant.

Hamelkart's Avatar Senator

Being in Heaven forever sound as awful as being in Hell forever. I think Heaven is only a state of sub-conscious that could perhaps survive even when your brain and body are dead for centuries.
    Or it doesn&#39;t exist, or our "souls" become one with the universe... There are just too many possibilities..
    PADAJ SILO I NEPRAVDO!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast