Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uruk-Hai/White HandsV2

Default Uruk-Hai/White HandsV2

V2 with lower opacity, smaller and more more subitle + changed banner

There are still some problems:
    1. ALL shields have white hands. I have no idea how to give it only to some shields/create new textures/edit models. I can only edit them.
    2. The inside of the shields has the white hand as well. Would have to change model to fix it.
    But i'm still learning that.

Here's picture:

DOWNLOAD:
    http://files.filefront.com/Heavy+wea.../fileinfo.html

INSTALLATION:
    1. Make a backup of your unit_models folder.
    2. Just unzip the heavy_weapons.rar to \data\unit_models\_units\ES_Greek_Greek_Heavy\textures
    3. Have fun!

Comments appreciated, will try to make em better if they suck.

Regards, Nazgul
    Last edited by TheGreatNazgul; May 12, 2009 at 08:18 AM.

Default Re: Uruk-Hai/White Hands on Shields

Good work!

They really look much better with the white hand over the shield, it can be improved though. It seems like you can not give more than one design to the shield, as there are only one shield texture. Here are few suggestions:

-You could try, instead of a big white had, to add some human sized white hands, in a unorderly fashion around the surface of the shield. Not too many, maybe 3 or 4.

-If you want to keep the big white hand, you coul add near to it another small one or similar. Basically anything that could make it looks like less uniformized.

Anyway, they look very good. Keep working and soon you´ll get very good results

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Nice, will not use it thought For suggestion, lower the opacity of the textures a bit (= You can see the textures of the shield shine throught and the hand will not look too sharp)

Looks good.

Make it multiple smaller hands and fade it and I'd download it in a heartbeat.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    That sounds nice

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

The Hands stand out too much on the Shields, they need darkening down, also needs some muck or dust or rough environment splattered on the Shields as well to make it look like it's battled with the elements.

Apart from that great attempt

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    Amen.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Yes, make them smaller, an I would also suggest to make them appear random. (Not on all shields.)

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by archer9 View Post
    Yes, make them smaller, an I would also suggest to make them appear random. (Not on all shields.)
    He doesn't know how to make them random.

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    He doesn't know how to make them random.
    If somebody knows then why not tell him? But yes, they should be smaller and appear randomly. Now it seems some troll did them. (And as you know Isengard doesn't not have any.)
    Last edited by Haerski; May 11, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
    We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
    - Charlie Chaplin

Citizen

Wow, a pretty big hand.

You can´t make them random modifying only the texture. You´d have to create a new uv map and assign the shield model different designs.

Bucefalo, you seem to know how to do it random, could you give me instructions via pm? or anyone else who thinks he can explain it to me.
    I also tried out smaller white hands now, but this does look really odd, if the whole shield is sprinkled with white hands. No, one middle sized symbol is better, I would think, though it should realy be random.
    But that must be explained to me. or done by a more experienced guy than me.

I´m sorry mate but i don´t have such advanced skills yet, i merely known how to retexture and copy/paste some models.

I think there are tutorials about it in the forum, but is not a easy thing, it involves knowledge about both modelling and skinning. That is why i said random white hands were just not possible unless the uv mapping was completely redesigned.

Basically the uv map is what tell the game where to put each part of the 2D texture over the model, so the weapons, armour etc. textures are each one where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucefalo View Post
    You can´t make them random modifying only the texture. You´d have to create a new uv map and assign the shield model different designs.
    There is enough room though ive tried them out myself awhile ago.

the trolls white hand o.o

Interesting although when the Uruk-Hai start charging at you it'll look like a giant high-five is running at you.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatNazgul View Post
    Bucefalo, you seem to know how to do it random, could you give me instructions via pm? or anyone else who thinks he can explain it to me.
    I also tried out smaller white hands now, but this does look really odd, if the whole shield is sprinkled with white hands. No, one middle sized symbol is better, I would think, though it should realy be random.
    But that must be explained to me. or done by a more experienced guy than me.
    Go to the ME2TW mod workshop.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Haigojan View Post
    Interesting although when the Uruk-Hai start charging at you it'll look like a giant high-five is running at you.
    Not a very friendly high-five though. Its gonna slap you REAL good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast