Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Add-On] APE: TI with AUM

Icon14 [Add-On] APE: TI with AUM

I have AUM and i cant seem to get all the unit names to show up. when i take out the language pack for APE and i see the AUM unit names but no APE names. when i add back that language pack i can only see the APE names and not the AUM names. is there any way to see them both?
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; May 20, 2009 at 04:34 AM.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: APE with AUM

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGlory View Post
    I have AUM and i cant seem to get all the unit names to show up. when i take out the language pack for APE and i see the AUM unit names but no APE names. when i add back that language pack i can only see the APE names and not the AUM names. is there any way to see them both?
    Greek - Swiss and I work very closely on the unit packages! I sent him the new localisation for APE last night and he should have a compatible version out soon!

I added new units so one or both localisation files need to be updated, I will add his localisation file into APE for the next version once his compatibility patch is out!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

awesome, thanks

Hello to all A Proper Empire and AUM fans,

11. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9 has been released
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9" is fully compatible with “A Proper Empire 1.3"
    - all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major APE mod.

- changed the naming of the AUM files that you can overwrite the older files if a new version is available and don't have to change it manually anymore

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" (English APE) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- introduced all unit names of "AUM" + "A Proper Empire" + "LEGO Unit Pack" + "Sharpe Unit Pack" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"
    This means that you can play now all AUM + APE + LEGO + SHARPE units together now.

But there is a limit how many units are shown in the recruitment queue: "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***"

- changed several unit names in both language versions
    - the "Indian Mercenaries Infantry" are now for all major factions available in India
    - all mercenaries are now cheaper to recruit but have a higher upkeep as normal units
    - removed "fire_volley" and replaced it with "mass_fire"

- the "Pioneers" are now called "Engineers" in the English version which is historically more true
    > increased unit size in the large version from 200 to 250
    > unit size in the small version is still 140

- changed the behaviour of the "Fusiliers". They are now between "Line Infantry" and "Light Infantry"
    > they still have a sword and can do "rank_fire" + "square" + "guard mode"
    > they have new the "light_infantry_behaviour" and "wooden_stakes" abilities
    > but they don't have the "skirmish" function because the UI can only have five "abilities icons" at the same time
    > decreased unit size in the large version from 300 to 250
    > decreased unit size in the small version from 160 to 140

- added six new custom units:
    > "Spanish Tercio Pikemen - Spanische Tercio Pikeniere" - They are elite pikemen of Spain and armored with plate.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the "Spain" faction group in the "peninsula" region / recruitable at the four latest barracks / no required technology

> "Spanish Conquistadores - Spanische Konquistadoren" - They are plate armored cavalry who can shoot from horseback and dismount too.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the "Spain" faction group in the "peninsula" region / recruitable at the three latest barracks / required technology "military_army_carbines"

> "Sharpshooters - Scharfschützen" - They are elite snipers and can do sneak ambushes and move without beeing seen.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the special buildings of France, Prussia and Poland / required technology "military_army_machined_rifling"

> "Landwehr Militia - Landwehr Miliz" - They are an average fighting militia of the German factions
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the faction groups of "Prussia" and "Austria" in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the special building of Prussia / no required technology

> "African Infantry Guards - Afrikanische Infanterie Garde" - They are well-trained Guards which have higher morale and are more reliable than normal African Line Infantry
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in North Africa / recruitable at the four latest barracks / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

> "African Light Infantry Mercenaries - Afrikanische leichte Söldner Infanterie" - They are mercenary skirmishers and can use their environment to sneak but have low morale.
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in North Africa / recruitable at the four latest barracks / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

-added the following already included two artillery units to several factions:
    This two artillery units are buildable in the four latest artillery buildings = great arsenal, gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school
    - 12lbs Land Cannon Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_coastal" region. (custom battle = not available)
    - 12lbs Howitzer Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_inland" region. (custom battle = not available)

> HELLFELL made two new textures for my custom units "Don Cossacks Cavalry" and the "East European Infantry Mercenaries" which are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"
    > REMO made a new texture for my custom unit "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" which is included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"

The new textures of my four custom units are now included in the "aum_mod***.pack". (total 4)

> new included "Prussian Line Infantry" texture available from REMO in the fully optional "patch_aum_graphics.pack". (total 7)

As always I updated the first post with all new information, FAQ list and updated credits.
    My mod adds 26 new custom units to ETW. There are other 24 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 1.9"

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Thanks Swiss! I'm going to leave this stickied!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

my notes on the units that are presented;
    if i am not mistaken, the term or unit 'fusilier', was used in the beginning of the 19th centruy under napoleon. Also engineers are not a real combat unit, they were very small in numbers, as they were
    used for digging trenches, building bridges etc. Marines should be only recruiteble in areas near the
    sea.

tabee

Quote Originally Posted by Douanier View Post
    my notes on the units that are presented;
    if i am not mistaken, the term or unit 'fusilier', was used in the beginning of the 19th centruy under napoleon. Also engineers are not a real combat unit, they were very small in numbers, as they were
    used for digging trenches, building bridges etc. Marines should be only recruiteble in areas near the
    sea.
    tabee
    Hello Douanier, the term "fusiliers" was used in the 18th century but not at the beginning of the 18th.

I made the "Engineers" as a strong melee force who can build all battle-fortifications.

I will think about the "Marines" recruitment, probably I adapt this to APE.

Hello to all "A Proper Empire" and AUM fans,

17. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.0 has been released

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major"A Proper Empire"

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" (English APE) + "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack" (Unit Compatibility Pack) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- fixed the model of the "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" for the APE + IS + vanilla versions

- changed several unit names in both language versions and removed the "Elite" suffix from various units
    - unit limit decreased for several units and now the AI doesn't spam "elite" units anymore (there is a "how-to" change the limit in my FAQ)
    - Prussia has now access to "Marines"
    - The faction group "USA" has now access to several custom units (you still have to recruit them in their original regions)

- changed the recruitment of the "Marines" that they can only be recruited at coastal shores globally:
    they need one of the following "naval" buildings: admirality, naval_board, naval_college (each level gets +1 experience)

- changed the recruitment of the four "Mercenaries" (West+East European, Indian, African) and the three "Swiss Units" (Guards, Pikemen, Mountain Jaegers):
    They need one of the following "pleasure" buildings: coaching_inn, bawdy_house, theatre, pleasure_gardens (each level gets +1 experience)
    (later I will add a special "mercenary recruitment building")

- added one new custom cavalry unit:
    > "Polish Hussar Guards - Polnische Hussaren Garde" - They are elite light cavalry guards of Poland.
    custom battle = late / only available for Poland in "polish_home_regions" / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of Poland / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation"

- added one new custom artillery unit:
    > "24lbs Heavy Horse Artillery Guards - 24lbs Berittene Schwere Gardeartillerie" - This heavy horse artillery is very powerful but this comes at the cost of speed and prize.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

- added five new custom ships:
    > "War Galleon - Kriegsgaleone" - This galleon is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal galleons have. But this comes at the prize of speed. The "trading ability" is removed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major European factions globally / recruitable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_copper_bottoms"

> "War Fluyt - Kriegsfleute" - This fluyt is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal fluyts have. But this comes at the prize of speed. The "trading ability" is removed.
    custom battle = early/late / available only for the "united_provinces" globally / recruitable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_copper_bottoms"

> "Brig of War - Kriegsbrigg" - This "Brig of War" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal brigs have. But this comes at the prize of speed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / recruitable at the shipyard, dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> "Sloop of War - Kriegsschaluppe" - This "Sloop of War" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal sloops have. But this comes at the prize of speed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / recruitable at the shipyard, dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> "East Indiaman (improved) - Ost-Indienfahrer (verbessert)" - This East Indian Merchant ship has slightly more firepower, hull strength, speed and marines than normal Indiaman have. But it is more expensive to build and to maintain. But therefore are the goods much saver than without defense.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions globally / recruitable at all docks and harbors except "fishing harbors" / required technology "military_navy_longitude_watch"

- added the following already included five ships to several factions:
    Razee > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the steam_drydock)

24lbs Heavy Frigate > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the drydock, naval_hospital and steam_drydock)

Galleon > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Race Built > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Fluyt > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

- changed the recruitment of the following units:
    Pandours > now available for all major European factions and the faction group "Ottomans" in the "Balkans" region too. (custom battle not available)

East Pikemen Zamindari > now available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early)

East Missile Cavalry Zamindari > now available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)

- added the following already included thirteen units to the faction groups of "Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal". They can be recruited by all three faction groups in their original regions:
    East Guard Cavalry Ahadis > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = late)

East Lancers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = early+late)

East Light Cavalry Qizilbashi > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Irregular Cavalry Pindari > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Islamic Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Islam" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Dervishes Warriors > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Isarelys Musketmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Fellahin Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Fellahin Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Hindu Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Hindu Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Infantry Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

> HELLFELL made one new texture for my custom unit "Fusiliers"
    > REMO made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Janissary Guards"
    Both are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"

The "patch_aum_graphics.pack" hasn't changed and you don't need to download it if you already got it.

As always I updated the first post with all new information and changed credits.

My mod adds 28 new custom units and 5 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 43 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 2.0"

Default AUM Mod + A Proper Empire

Was thinking bout installing the AUM Mod, are the new units properly balanced or too overpowered?

Default Re: AUM Mod + A Proper Empire

Quote Originally Posted by DeVries View Post
    Was thinking bout installing the AUM Mod, are the new units properly balanced or too overpowered?
    Hello DeVries, the release of AUM 2.1 is really short. So you could wait until the release of AUM 2.1. It is balanced to APE and the units are not overpowered.

Hello to all "A Proper Empire - Terra Incognita" + AUM fans,

27. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.1 has been released

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.1" and it is fully compatible with “A Proper Empire 1.3.1"

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major "A Proper Empire".

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" (English APE) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- updated all unit names of several "Unit Pack Mods" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"
    This means that you can play now all "Unit Pack Mods" together.

- AUM 2.1
    - A Proper Empire 1.3.1
    - Sharpe 1.6
    - Great Spirit 1.1
    - Ancien Regime unit pack - version 1.1
    - plus earlier versions of lego
    - M653 unit texture mod v4.1/5.2
    - Continental, British, Hessian, Spanish, French and Indian Armies mods

But please read this "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

Here is the link to the "Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC)" which "applelover" has started:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5188226

- the unit limit has been decreased for several units
    - the recruitment costs of all "Mercenaries" has been deacreased
    - added the ability to recruit "Marines" in the latest naval building of the "United Provinces" (prest_unitedprovinces_kweekschool)
    - slightly balanced the firepower and cannons of all custom ships
    - removed the required technology for the "War Galleon" + "War Fluyt"

- changed the recruitment of the "Prussian Giants Grenadiers". They are now only available at the army_staff_college and the ultimate army building of Prussia (Brandenburg Gate). Changed the melee weapon from "sword" to "bayonet" to increase their melee capabilities.

- added the following already included units to several factions:

> Irish Brigade (early Mercenaries) > now available for all major European factions in France (custom battle = early)
    > Grenzers (Elite Light Infantry) > now available for the faction groups of "Austria" and "Prussia" in the original region (custom battle = late)
    > Barbets (Light Infantry) > now available for all major European "protestantic" factions in the "Italian_Alps" region (custom battle not available)

- added one new custom cavalry unit:
    > "Light Cavalry Sharpshooters - Berittene Scharfschützen" - They are elite light cavalry sharpshooters.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the ultimate army buildings of Prussia/France/Poland / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

- added one new custom infantry unit:
    > "Blunderbuss Shotgunners - Schrotflintenschützen" - They are elite soldiers who use a heavy short-range blunderguss shotgun with devasting firepower and fight in melee with a sword.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the ultimate army buildings of Prussia/France/Poland / no required technology

- added seven new custom ships:
    > "Heavy Frigate - Schwere Fregatte" - This frigate is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal frigates have.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions globally / buildable at the drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_carronades"

> "Spanish Heavy War Galleon - Spanische Schwere Kriegsgaleone" - This "Heavy War Galleon" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal "War Galleons" have.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for Spain globally / buildable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> Spanish Over 1st Rate "Santisima Trinidad" - Spanische Schwere 1. Klasse "Santisima Trinidad" - This heavy "Over 1st Rate" is one of the biggest and most powerful "Ship of the Line" which was every built.
    custom battle = late / only available for Spain in their home region / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> British 1st Rate "HMS Royal Sovereign" - Britische 1. Klasse "HMS Royal Sovereign" - This 1st Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 1st rate ships have.
    custom battle = late / only available for Great Britain in their "britain_home_regions" / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> British 1st Rate "HMS Britannia" - Britische 1. Klasse "HMS Britannia" - This 1st Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 1st rate ships have.
    custom battle = late / only available for Great Britain in their "britain_home_regions" / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> British 1st Rate "HMS Neptune" - Britische 1. Klasse "HMS Neptune" - This 1st Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 1st rate ships have.

> French 2nd Rate "Bucentaure" - Französische 2. Klasse "Bucentaure" - This 2nd Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 2nd rate ships have.
    custom battle = late / only available for France in the "france" region / buildable at the drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> REMO made two new textures for my custom units "Engineers" and "Light Cavalry Sharpshooters". Both are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack".

> new included "Austrian Line Infantry" texture available from REMO in the fully optional "patch_aum_graphics.pack".

My mod adds 30 new custom units and 12 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 45 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

As always I updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the new units and changed the credits.

This is the last version of AUM before the next official patch 1.3 will be released.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

"Additional Units Mod 2.1"

Default APE:TI with AUM

Hello to all "A proper Empire:Terra Incognita" and AUM fans,

All users of APE:TI who use AUM should download my new language file with updated unit names and descriptions in my download section.

> updated the language file "patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack" (English A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita 1.0.1)

Please notice that the name of this language file has changed according to the new name of the merged APE:TI mod.

You have to delete the old "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" + "AProperEmpireTerraIncognita-Localisation.pack" in your ETW data directory.

> patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.zip = the special English "localisation.loc" which enables all units of "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita" and "AUM".

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

Try adding a_ before your loc file name I did that for one of my mods and both loc files worked fine. Maybe I struck lucky as I am sure you've tried all those load order solutions before.

Attached pic has my data directory and the two sets of units in a battle. You can see my named "detached light infantry" next to the Swiss Line Infantry from APE:TI. Both sets of text work.
    Last edited by Tancredii; May 30, 2009 at 06:54 PM.
    The British were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it and would not run.

Marshall Soult to Napolean - having been robbed of his victory at Albuera (May 1811)

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

Am a fraud. Just spent some time going through my loc files again (due to an injury am doing this one handed which is difficult) and it has some of the entries from APE. So I must have merged them in the past which will account for why both sets of units are. I don't rmember doing this and apologise unreservedly for sending swiss and anyone else off on a false errand - sorry.

However I will keep plugging at this issue (just will hold fire next time for celebrating until I have checked)
    The British were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it and would not run.

Marshall Soult to Napolean - having been robbed of his victory at Albuera (May 1811)

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Tancredii View Post
    Am a fraud. Just spent some time going through my loc files again (due to an injury am doing this one handed which is difficult) and it has some of the entries from APE. So I must have merged them in the past which will account for why both sets of units are. I don't rmember doing this and apologise unreservedly for sending swiss and anyone else off on a false errand - sorry.

However I will keep plugging at this issue (just will hold fire next time for celebrating until I have checked)
    Well I did some experimenting when I first changed the localisation and I can tell you: no go. The game doesn't use it if it has another name or is in a mod pack

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

I am ever the optimist though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tancredii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Well I did some experimenting when I first changed the localisation and I can tell you: no go. The game doesn't use it if it has another name or is in a mod pack
    Hello Tancredii and alpaca,

It would have been to good to be true if it is possible...

Hopefully CA fixes that or gives us more information about the handling of the "localisation.loc" file.

Nevermind, thank you for discussing this issue here.

I have always an open eye/ear for suggestions and helping infos.

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

I just downloaded your new version compatible with APE:TI and units name doesn't appears any
    more on the units cards.

Praepositus

I got this weird problem where I downloaded it and now the advisor panel is blank!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB1er View Post
    I just downloaded your new version compatible with APE:TI and units name doesn't appears any
    more on the units cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by am.az View Post
    I got this weird problem where I downloaded it and now the advisor panel is blank!
    I took the APE:TI localisation file as a base for my "patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack" and added my AUM texts into it. The UI texts are included and should work.

It seems that another "localisation.loc" file is doing conflicts.

You have to remove or delete the old "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" + "AProperEmpireTerraIncognita-Localisation.pack" in your ETW data directory.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast