Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post
    Brilliant pics, how did you zoom in so much onto the units, like zooming right onto the ground and stuff,and getting rid of the banners.
    Fairly easy, for the unit banners you have to disable them through your preferences.txt by changing the line "SHOW_BANNERS:TRUE" to "SHOW_BANNERS:FALSE"

The preferences file can be found in your Rome: Total War\DTW\preferences folder.

As for the camera angles, you can only get angles like that by saving a battle replay and loading it up with a certain command added to the target line of your Diadochi: Total War shortcut, mine looks like this. (in the spoilers)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -show_err -nm -mod: DTW -enable_editor -movie_cam

There should be NO space between "-mod: DTW"... damn smilies.

It's the "-movie_cam" command in the target line that lets you move your camera literally anywhere you like in a battle replay, and if you hit enter while watching the battle replay, all HUD elements will be removed, although controls for this camera are different to normal TW. (Controls in Spoilers)

Numberpad 8 = Forward

Numberpad 2 = Back

Numberpad 1 = Strafe Left

Numberpad 3 = Strafe Right

Numberpad * = Ascend

Numberpad / = Descend

Numberpad + = Look Up

Numberpad - = Look Down

Numberpad 6 = Rotate Camera Right

Numberpad 4 = Rotate Camera Left

P = Pause

You can pause the fight at any given time, so presumably because you have already fought that fight you should know when the cool stuff happens and get some nice screens

So I'm glad to help, there's not enough pictures of this mod, so people, start saving those MP and custom battle replays!

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

thanks for Brilliant response +rep

Citizen Content Emeritus

just one more question, when you printscreen i always have to go into paint and save it ect, is there a way of sending the pic to a file in the game directory, i no you can use fraps but it makes the game laggy for some reason, so is there another way??

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

When you press "Prt sc", RTW automatically captures the screenshot and saves it into Rome - Total War\tgas\ folder in .TGA format. You'll need Photoshop, GIMP or other image editing/converting applications to get .PNG or .JPG images.

Citizen Content Emeritus

yh but it doesn't store photos when you print screen playing a mod

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Really? I think you should double check, since it has done a pretty good job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Screenshots from Diadochi - TW v1.0:

Battles:

Citizen Content Emeritus

i found out the problem, i was looking in rome-total war, data and then tgas file, but i found out it was the one in the rome-total war folder.

I had a little custom battle, nothing special.

Beginning

Battle

That's all for now, there are more, but i don't have much time now

i found out the problem, i was looking in rome-total war, data and then tgas file, but i found out it was the one in the rome-total war folder.
    If I were you I would just go with adding the Diadochi shortcut to steam so you can play the game with Steams overlay. They have a neat little screenshot management tool that works well with it, basically while you're playing any game with this overlay you can just tap F12 and the shot will be saved to your drive, but instead of having to exit the game to review your screens, the screenshot tool will have all your screenshots on show when you open the overlay. From there you can decide which ones to keep, which ones to upload to your steam profile and which ones to delete.

Basically all you have to do for this is to click on "Add non-steam game" in your steam library, find the diadochi shortcut, add it and make sure the target line for the Diadochi steam shortcut is correct.

I recommend this to anyone, allows good control and convenience with your screenshots, hell, I could be playing the game now, take a screenshot, open up the steam web browser, come here and upload the screenshot from my steam profile while I'm still playing the game!
    Last edited by Chronologger; May 02, 2011 at 03:30 PM.

Citizen Content Emeritus

im adding my diadochi mod and its just uploading the normal alexander game, here's my target line.

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -show_err -nm -mod: DTW -enable_editor -movie_cam
    Had to add space due to smile
    Last edited by The Roman Republic; May 03, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

what do you think about my pictures?

im adding my diadochi mod and its just uploading the normal alexander game, here's my target line.

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -show_err -nm -mod: DTW -enable_editor
    -movie_cam
    Had to add space due to smile
    Very strange, mine is the exact same yet it works, you didn't just add the shortcut to steam did you? If you did you must change your target line in the steam shortcut for it to work. (Open steam > Library > Right click Diadochi Total War shortcut > Properties)

EDIT: Also, a bit unrelated, but I've been thinking of making a youtube video based around this mod (specifically a fight involving the League of Greek cities), even picked out some soundtrack samples, but it lacks direction, I would like a few suggestions of what battle I should base it upon, (preferably pre-300B.C) details of what took place during that battle would also be highly appreciated, the more detail the better.
    Last edited by Chronologger; May 04, 2011 at 11:55 PM.

I probably should have taken screens of my last battle... It was 2 Dacian Armies and 1 Makendonian Army vs 3 Permagum (?) Armies.... It was pretty epic... It was one of the highest casualty battles I've ever done... It completely wiped out all of my military, all of Permagum's military and half of the Makendonian military (other half was over fighting Epirus and Celts) It wasn't even an organized battle worth taking pictures of... More like a bunch of chaos and slaughter... But with the complete destruction of my military... and no funds or manpower because this battle was literally the turn RIGHT after I finally conquered all of Thrace.... So this and that happened, the southern half of my empire was over run by Permagum... and Northern half.. where I literally had about 1 unit of warband in each settlement.. was overrun by the Scythians... Who were my allies as well (forgot to mention that Permangum had helped me destroy the last Thracian army holed up in their last city the previous turn because they were my allies) So I get to start a new campaign!! Yippee! (Difficulty was H/VH) And don't hate cuz I wrote this without any screens.. It was just a pretty awesome campaign story I just wanted to tell someone

Frangy's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    Diadochi Total War version 1.16
    Imperial campaign playing as Carthage

Battle of Rhodos

I trained an army consisting mostly of Greek warriors at the Greek island Crete. They kinda function as my Greek Mercenary army over at the Pelleponese area.
    Here you see my Deuteroi fighting Classical Hoplite Mercenaries using their phalanx technique. In the far distance you see the Rhodian wonder ....The Colossus. Definately worth fighting for since it increases your naval trade.

Battle of Croton
    As Carthage, I encountered the Spartans for the first time while besieging the city of Croton, Italy.

The Greeks also had a fourth army consisting of 370 people.

Spartans charging my Liby-Phoenician pikemen

Holding the line...

Calling in the cavalery

At this point, I pretty much killed off all of the Greek armies.....this group of Spartans was what was left over. I send in the Sacred Band of Carthage to wipe em out. The Sacred Band are actually no match for Spartans if they would go 1 on 1, but the Spartans were already wounded and lost some men in previous battles.

The key to victory was Liby-Phoenician Pikemen.....which have a Phalanx technique.

Last stand of the Spartans
    Right after the fight at Croton, I started to besiege the city of Tarentum......after a bloody battle only the Spartans were remaining. They held their last defence at the center of the city. This is their last stand.

The Spartans were surrounded by the numerous forces of Carthage. After a long and tiring fight, only these 9 Spartans remained.

A first wave of 15 Levy Hoplites were send in to finish the job and proof their worthy. With the General watching, the Levy Hoplites charged with much confidence.

The Spartans gave them a warm welcome! The two parties met at the center of the city.

Even though the Spartans were outnumbered.....they definately mopped the floor with these simple warriors of Carthage.

The Levy Hoplites were crushed, humiliated and were now fleeing back to the General......

'Okay, who's next?'

This time no mistakes, the general already had suffered enough losses because of these annoying Spartans. Taking no risk, the general send in Carthage's finest.....the elite Sacred Band.

Clash of the Titans!!

The heat was on in the middle of the battle. Both sides not giving up or giving away any inch of ground.

Slowy, so very slowly....the Spartans were losing more of their brothers. The Sacred Band of Carthage was a force not to be underestimated. A Spartan general and officer were all that was left of the '9'.

But the heavy pressure delivered by the Carthaginians killed the Spartan officer who stumbled on his back....dying, and so leaving the general alone to face this threat.

One last warcry before the Spartan general finally died: 'FOR SPARTA!!'

The Spartan general falling.....and having an honorful death!

While standing over the dead body of the Spartan General, the Sacred Band celebrated their victory. A great fight had been won!

Only can I say what a beautiful story really a great one the best troops in all the game in a epic clash

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Hello! Today I started a Phyrric campaign as Rome. The result of battle of Asculum:

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

Very funny indeed. It cracked me up lol

I'm using v. 1.16 and found that funny message, haha (I hope it isn't removed in 1.20 )

Loool! I never played with Thrace, didn't know there was something like that...so yeah the message should still be there!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456