Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Yeah!!! I won the battle, because of my super duper extra powerful strategical intelligence
    And here's what happened

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    First of all, this is the situation, Sicyon is under siege and I wanted to give 'em a lesson for attacking their Spartan Allies. So, they are superior not only in numbers but also in Troop Quality, I have only Iphikratean Phalanxes and Militia ones, and some peltasts.

So here's my enemy's formation and right behind them are my AI troops.

I sent my Peltasts to weak or kill the AI' s archers and they did a pretty good job.

OK, now I'm playing with Hades, but never mind.

My peltasts routed and the enemy's Phalanxes approach , but the good news are that the enemy's general is dead

Here I surrounded the enemy lines and I'm killing them from behind

Things aren't as good with my AI Troops, but they can hold their ground for some time

Routed some of their troops and now focusing on surrounding the rest

My general thought he could beat a phalanx from the front, what an idiot, why I am the only smart guy here?

Some enemy Peltasts are weakening my troops and they will pay!!!

There's no way out my friends!!!

And yeah,

Let's help my AI Troops now

Things are easy now that the enemy is routing, LET NO ONE ALIVE!!!!!

And... CLEAR VICTORY, many casualties though, but Victory all the same!!!

Last edited by Rhodian; January 01, 2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Fixed!!!

Let us not forget how to behave Chivalrous - Chivalry is not dead.

A nice shot of them storming through the hole in the city walls.

A shot of a cavalry charge.

No fighting but I thought it was quite a nice picture of the battle line moving.

In Greek the island of Mytilene has a second name and it is Lesbos.
    Dont confuse these terms...

The world Lesbian is unfortumnatelly worng to be used for identifying homosexual women.. but this is a National-Linguistic term

WHAT !!!
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

haha, the only comment left after my fairly good screen shots (above) is about screen shots what were posted months ago for amusement purposes.

People are just jealous at those cool pics, Cal20 (it was quite an effort for me to write this line )
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; February 07, 2010 at 08:13 AM.

yeah nice pics, i especially like the Phalanx with the purple horsehair crests, nice touch

Total War Veteran

Icon5 WTF Victory

WTF Victory

This is a victory that you achieve even when all the odds are against you and you manage
    to win with the most... strange? way. Here's what happened...

I am playing with the Spartans and after playing many times this battle without a single victory, I decided to cause as many casualties I could to the Romans. This is the Last Stand at Messana, after that, I would move my army and Family Members from Sicily to Crete and Rhodes, until I recover and gather an army to take Sicily back.
    The Battle of Messana has 3 Phases which are shown below.

Phase 1
    OK, here's my formation defending the City Centre...

And the Romans start marching

In an epic clash the Romans (Socii Hoplites) fall on my Phalanx and my Hoplites

I'm ready to shower them with my Peltasts but waiting for the right moment (to get the most kills)...

wait...

NOWWW...!!!

Things are looking good for now... the phalanx will hold

On the left flank of my army (left alley), the Romans approach

And clash on my Phalanx line

Phase 2
    This is the Group that will overflank either the left or the right enemy of my flanks.
    But because there is still no enemy units on the right flank I'll go for the left

This is my second wave of peltast' s fire

Here I came behind the left alley and the enemy is traped

Still though, the status at the center is getting worse...

So I'll try to rout or exterminate that force at the left, charging their rear

Time is against me (only for now though ), things at center go from bad to worse

And suddenly out of nowhere, from the left come some Triarii and charge my peltasts that were fighting in melee, I have to admit that I did not see that coming, and the situation's getting worse

The enemy General is slained but I bet this won't change anything

From the right come the Cohorts and my Phalanx and Militia Hoplites stand no chance against them, so I'll overflank them with another unit of Peltasts

Their General has been slained but I bet that will make any difference

The Status of my "Groups"/Flanks is shown below

Both the left and the right flanks are almost secure, so I sent a Phalanx unit to help the center...

...as shown here

But as you can see here, even my Spartan Royal Guards are not so experienced as the Triarii, so the winner is obvious, or is he not...?

Phase 3
    What happened then is clearly shown in the pictures that follow without my comments (maybe I'll add some later )

As my General was fighting quite alone the massive horde of Romans..., and DIED!!! with his fellow Sub-General who was with him...

...I noticed A peltast, yes he was only one, and immediately sent him on the far edge of a wall, and made him stay there

, paradoxically the time WAS by MY SIDE and as you would never believe it, I won about 600+ (the leftover of the Roman Army) with a single man, a Peltast

And here are the Results...

Ready for your comments
    Oooh, and please give me some rep, I spent about 40 minutes organizing and posting this

Sorry for using Thumbnails but the Resolution of the screenshots was high and when I tested my post they didn't appear
    Last edited by Rhodian; February 02, 2010 at 09:42 AM.

hahahah wow! So you won with the time running out and have one guy alive? Truly an uncommon victory. Shame about pics coming up in thumbnails instead of seeing them in full on the screen. Try using photobucket, better to upload to, also do you use Fraps? +rep btw

Icon14 Re: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Cal20 View Post
    hahahah wow! So you won with the time running out and have one guy alive? Truly an uncommon victory. Shame about pics coming up in thumbnails instead of seeing them in full on the screen. Try using photobucket, better to upload to, also do you use Fraps? +rep btw
    Yes I used Fraps (because of the Anti-Aliasing) and I agree about the Thumbnails,
    maybe these day's I'll try to find a way to make them look bigger or full.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

If you use the built-in screencap method, then it automatically anti-aliases the screenshot for you. Nice stuff though. Romans went all Cannae and you ended up having a lone Peltast Hannibal. It was funny to see how they just walked over your main line. +rep

Visiar's Avatar Centenarius

Nothing like seeing Halo Spartans fight romans.

"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right"
    -Billy Graham
    When did you become interested in politics?
    The very instant I became old.

I love them in campaign myself :3

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

Default Re: WTF Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodian View Post
    WTF Victory

This is a victory that you achieve even when all the odds are against you and you manage
    to win with the most... strange? way. Here's what happened...

I am playing with the Spartans and after playing many times this battle without a single victory, I decided to cause as many casualties I could to the Romans. This is the Last Stand at Messana, after that, I would move my army and Family Members from Sicily to Crete and Rhodes, until I recover and gather an army to take Sicily back.
    The Battle of Messana has 3 Phases which are shown below.

Phase 1
    OK, here's my formation defending the City Centre...

And the Romans start marching

In an epic clash the Romans (Socii Hoplites) fall on my Phalanx and my Hoplites

I'm ready to shower them with my Peltasts but waiting for the right moment (to get the most kills)...

wait...

NOWWW...!!!

Things are looking good for now... the phalanx will hold

On the left flank of my army (left alley), the Romans approach

And clash on my Phalanx line

Phase 2
    This is the Group that will overflank either the left or the right enemy of my flanks.
    But because there is still no enemy units on the right flank I'll go for the left

This is my second wave of peltast' s fire

Here I came behind the left alley and the enemy is traped

Still though, the status at the center is getting worse...

So I'll try to rout or exterminate that force at the left, charging their rear

Time is against me (only for now though ), things at center go from bad to worse

And suddenly out of nowhere, from the left come some Triarii and charge my peltasts that were fighting in melee, I have to admit that I did not see that coming, and the situation's getting worse

The enemy General is slained but I bet this won't change anything

From the right come the Cohorts and my Phalanx and Militia Hoplites stand no chance against them, so I'll overflank them with another unit of Peltasts

Their General has been slained but I bet that will make any difference

The Status of my "Groups"/Flanks is shown below

Both the left and the right flanks are almost secure, so I sent a Phalanx unit to help the center...

...as shown here

But as you can see here, even my Spartan Royal Guards are not so experienced as the Triarii, so the winner is obvious, or is he not...?

Phase 3
    What happened then is clearly shown in the pictures that follow without my comments (maybe I'll add some later )

As my General was fighting quite alone the massive horde of Romans..., and DIED!!! with his fellow Sub-General who was with him...

...I noticed A peltast, yes he was only one, and immediately sent him on the far edge of a wall, and made him stay there

, paradoxically the time WAS by MY SIDE and as you would never believe it, I won about 600+ (the leftover of the Roman Army) with a single man, a Peltast

And here are the Results...

Ready for your comments
    Oooh, and please give me some rep, I spent about 40 minutes organizing and posting this

Sorry for using Thumbnails but the Resolution of the screenshots was high and when I tested my post they didn't appear
    Dont know how you managed that but well done fella.

I thought that if they occupied the town centre un-opposed, they got the victory countdown, or was your general still alive when the victory counter started?

Total War Veteran

Icon6 Re: WTF Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Titus Pullo View Post
    Dont know how you managed that but well done fella.

I thought that if they occupied the town centre un-opposed, they got the victory countdown, or was your general still alive when the victory counter started?
    Both my General and Sub-General died that day
    but that lucky... peltast was still alive so I sent him back to see if I could win with the Countdown and it worked.
    I think they were alive the minute the Countdown started and died about... 10-30 sec later

Default Re: WTF Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodian View Post
    Both my General and Sub-General died that day
    but that lucky... peltast was still alive so I sent him back to see if I could win with the Countdown and it worked.
    I think they were alive the minute the Countdown started and died about... 10-30 sec later
    That explains why the AI didnt claim the "secure the flag" victory then. SO you were very lucky, you're generals sold their lives dearly, but gained a victory.

Total War Veteran

Icon6 Re: WTF Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Titus Pullo View Post
    That explains why the AI didnt claim the "secure the flag" victory then. SO you were very lucky, you're generals sold their lives dearly, but gained a victory.
    A Pyrrhic Victory... and those Generals had both Command and management so
    they would be quite good after a good teaching, nevertheless I reclaimed Sicily
    and I'll make the Romans bow under my Spartan Hegemony (I've sent 3 Units of
    Spartiate Hoplites, one of Royal Guards and ~1300 other Greeks

They made the War, they shall pay the consequences...
    Next Target... Dacia

Nice one breaking the Romans, usually a slugging match. Send stack after stack. Watch those Dacians as well, they are so good against armour like their Thracian neighbours. I remember sending some Spartans against them and getting quite the schooling.

After I conquer Taras (Tarentum) I'll try to ceasefire and focus on Dacia, I'm getting tired of this situation,
    so I'll gather a big army (2 Full Stacks) and send them to end the problem... (some mercenaries will come in handy in the way)
    Also, I'll declare War on Pontus who is, together with Pergamum (an ally of mine ), gaining much territory and wealth...
    With the money I'll get from Dacia's Territories I'll organize my Out-Greece cities who need improvements... and support my army in order to CRUSH every one who gets in my way...

PEACE!!!
    Last edited by Rhodian; February 08, 2010 at 08:13 AM.

Let us not forget how to behave Chivalrous

Total War Veteran

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast