Thread: Potential tools

Default Potential tools

Hey all, I just thought It might be fun to compile a list for the community of tools modders would find useful. As an amateur at modding myself I know the value of and have come to greatly appreciate these tools, and I thought it would not hurt to have a little organization. Anyway, ideas?

Default Re: Potential tools

Quote Originally Posted by Fedakyn View Post
    Hey all, I just thought It might be fun to compile a list for the community of tools modders would find useful. As an amateur at modding myself I know the value of and have come to greatly appreciate these tools, and I thought it would not hurt to have a little organization. Anyway, ideas?
    Here's some high-quality free software for modders (* the ones I can't live without):

*OpenOffice -- productivity suite; calc is especially great for those in need of a spreadsheet editor for .tsv and .loc files
    *GIMP with DDS and NormalMap Plug-ins -- for texturing
    *Notepad++ -- awesome source code editor that replaces Notepad; perfect for editing .lua, .txt, xml, etc
    HxD -- Hex editor
    Blender -- for modeling
    Last edited by erasmus777; May 10, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Here's some high-quality free software for modders (* the ones I can't live without):

*OpenOffice -- productivity suite. calc is especially great for those in need of a spreadsheet editor for .tsv and .loc files
    *GIMP with DDS and NormalMap Plug-ins -- for texturing
    *Notepad++ -- awesome upgrade for Notepad that's perfect for editing .lua, .txt, xml, etc
    HxD -- Hex editor
    Blender -- for modeling
    Change that to 3dsmax .

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneke View Post
    Change that to 3dsmax .
    I knew you'd have something to say about that. Notice, I was talking about free software

Everything's free, just depends on where you look.
    >.>
    <.<