Default Re: Uniform Texture Updates

REMO + 33orion77 = amazing uniforms
    You both guys are definitely masters in re-texturing uniforms

Keep on the high quality job
    Barbac

Singleton Mosby's Avatar Tiro
    Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA

Remo, those are some top notch skins. I completely love them! Keep up the good work and +rep!

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

33orion77
    As I sais earlier good work, but:
    A bit bad pikeman.....
    They should look that way:

Ones You have are in Saxon style.....They weren't use durring the GNW (by Poles), and later they dissappeared fast.

And about hussars.....We weren't useing them....Instead of them You could make "Kawaleria Narodowa". Wingded hussars were changed on them in second half of 17c.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Salvo; May 14, 2009 at 07:45 AM.

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    33orion77
    A bit bad pikeman.....

Ones You have are in Saxon style.....They weren't use durring the GNW (by Poles), and later they dissappeared fast.

And about hussars.....We weren't useing them....Instead of them You could make "Kawaleria Narodowa". Wingded hussars were changed on them in second half of 17c.

We do not make new models, new units, stat changes, or any of the like.

This mod is only for the visual appearance of the game.

Yea Aesthetics!

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

33orion77
    A bit bad pikeman.....

thank you Salvo For your point of view. I agree that the pikemen is not my best texture but I lack the source to make it better. I've seen KLA's work on Poland-Lithuania but I hesitate to take his work as a source, maybe I should get in touch with him... ( so olive and red for the pikemen)

Remo, has also a point, that since we want our mod to be most compatible we can't change the model and we have to deal with the symetry of the texture but I believe we have to find the best compromise acceptable..

The hussars are another matter. I know that they were not really used by poland so the options left are either to take a later reference ( poland used hussars in the Napoleonic era), Use a mercenary unit as template or create a fictionnal unit. The dilema is also the same for the lancers. I hesitate a lot to use late 18th century polish troops as source for the uniform design and coulour are radically different from the early 18th century, exactly the same way as Bourbon France and revolutionary France.

I came with the Idea to do the hussars like I did creating a fictionnal unarmored hussars unit but could well represent some croat or transilvanian mercernary and we have to deal with the fact that the vanilla rooster are just plain wrong for most factions (exept maybe Britain). For the Lancers, I found a piture of a Lancer light blue with red facing. I tough maybe I could use that one for the colors are in harmony with the rest of the army but tryng to have historical colors on a fictionnal unit will always be historically wrong...
    there's still a lot of work untill the release and lots of time to rethink my approach but I must admit I find the hussar quite cool( maybe because I'm not polish...) Also, I appreciate quite much your comment, I believe one constructive crtitic is more valuable than a praise...
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

Quote Originally Posted by 33orion77 View Post
    Also, I appreciate quite much your comment, I believe one constructive crtitic is more valuable than a praise...
    I agree with that 100%. I think Regalia's flags are so much better off for it.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Remo
    If You don't want to have historical units, why do You make new? This way, it's the same as vanila
    33orion77
    I understand You fully, just wanted to share my opinion and help.
    Good luck in later projects, PM me if need help

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Remo
    If You don't want to have historical units, why do You make new? This way, it's the same as vanila
    Remo's units are historical. He just means to make the pikeman unit you suggested, he'd have to create a new model entirely, which is impossible at the moment. Plus, a non-historical unit that looks better than vanilla is not the same as vanilla lol. Remember, Regalia is about overhauling the visual aesthetics of Empire; take Remo's Prussians, for example. You might be able to ply the historical databases and books and find a regiment of Dragoons that doesn't wear Remo's colors, but Remo's Dragoons are still pretty excellent, as well as being historically inspired. I think that's the best way to do it.

Hey guys, Maximus left us a great source in the suggestions thread. Do with it what you will:
    http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...hru-ages-1.htm

I took a week off so I could re-collect my thoughts. After all the multiplayer drops and such I was thinking about leaving this game and stopping all my modding. Then I figured I should still mod it even if I don't play it(Currently).

As MC PeePants would say, "I do it for tha shawtys" *Thats from Aqua Teen Hunger Force btw*

So here we go, an update.

Austrian Grenzers (The dot on their hat should be a circle, I'll have that fixed soon)

Allot of people PM me saying "Their arty had grey uniforms!" Then someone else would PM me saying "Their arty had brown uniforms". So to stop all the whining, Foot arty has grey, horse arty has brown.

Austrian Foot Artillery

Austrian Horse Artillery

Austrian WB-Jaegers

Austrian Carbineers

Those uniforms look great. Can't wait till I can upload these. And I know how you feel about not playing the game Remo. I haven't actually played it in about two weeks. Modding has become more fun to me than the actual game though .

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

great uniforms guys!!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

I plan to finish my Austrian reskins, and then I will cease all of my modding activities. CA has lost all respect from me, and I will no longer support their games. My apologies to anyone waiting to see a specific faction retextured by me.

Sorry to hear that Remo. Just send me the Austrians in a PM when they're done and good luck in any future endeavors my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Remo. Just send me the Austrians in a PM when they're done and good luck in any future endeavors my friend.
    They will be posted in my thread where you can download and add them as you see fit. This won't happen for a little while as I am currently involvd in other more personal matters.

MissionMaximus's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    I plan to finish my Austrian reskins, and then I will cease all of my modding activities. CA has lost all respect from me, and I will no longer support their games. My apologies to anyone waiting to see a specific faction retextured by me.
    Very unfortunate for all Empire fans. Nemo your retextures are the best of the best!!! I eagerly await your Austria retexture(pictures look fantastic). Hopefully in the very near-future, you will reconsider and resume your excellent & much appreciated work in making Empire all it can be.
    God bless, George Washington and the Founding Fathers of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMaximus View Post
    Very unfortunate for all Empire fans. Remo your retextures are the best of the best!!! I eagerly await your Austria retexture(pictures look fantastic). Hopefully in the very near-future, you will reconsider and resume your excellent & much appreciated work in making Empire all it can be.
    Maybe so, if they decide to fix all the problems they said don't exist.

Bythesword's Avatar Civis

Remo, I love those textures. I love the Austrian faction and I think their vanilla uniforms do suck.
    I like historical accuracy but in fact there was no real universal uniform. Uniforms changed from regiment to regiment.

So u should just take on of those which looks best and is a signature to the austrian faction. So Prussian line should have dark blue and Austrian line should have light grey/white with coloured straps.

Great skins!

Looking forward for the complete pack.

+rep
    Last edited by Bythesword; May 17, 2009 at 06:04 AM.
    Great fan of Metternich as politician.
    Austriae Est Imperare Orbi Universo, Emperor Frederik III

Quote Originally Posted by Bythesword View Post
    Remo, I love those textures. I love the Austrian faction and I think their vanilla uniforms do suck.
    I like historical accuracy but in fact there was no real universal uniform. Uniforms changed from regiment to regiment.

So u should just take on of those which looks best and is a signature to the austrian faction. So Prussian line should have dark blue and Austrian line should have light grey/white with coloured straps.

Great skins!

Looking forward for the complete pack.

+rep
    Indeed there were no universal colors for the Austrian Uniforms, but Red was seen more than the alternatives.

I'm kind of confused by your statement, but thanks for the compliments.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast