Thread: Naval battle question...

Default Naval battle question...

Hey in IS due to the high cost of ships (and because sinking a ship takes aaaaggeeesss) I try and capture ships...the only problem is that when i tell my ship to board an enemy ship nothing happens. Normally i start o ut focus firing on a single enemy ship with grape shot until all the upper crew are dead and then send in a ship to board....but once my ship boards nothing happens...the enemy crew dont lose any members and i dont see any of my men jumping in...in fact the only way i can get them to surrender is to park a ship behind it and hit it with round shot until it surrenders...is this the way boarding is meant to work or is it a vanilla or IS bug?

Default Re: Naval battle question...

Vanilla bug, I'm afraid. Caused by the "improved boarding" in the new patch, undoubtedly.

joy...guess i can use my remaining 6th rates to "hold" the ships while i pound on them with my big ships....

Hum, I've completed at least two successful boarding actions post-patch and using 1.07X. That gave me the impression CA had solved it, great to know that my lack of faith in their coding department may remain unchanged.

I have not had a problem with boarding since the patch.