Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: v1.12.0 Feedback

Default v1.12.0 Feedback

The new version is up. Lots of minor tweaks based on your feedback and reporting. Let us know what you think.

Two known bugs we still need to address going forward are the multiple quotes around certain strings, and the Dutch-are-blue issue that MikeCK reported.

Default Re: v1.12.0 Feedback

I liked the bagpacks... think they are quite realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by derbiber View Post
    I liked the bagpacks... think they are quite realistic.
    Usually they weren't used in battle
    Es ist unmöglich die Fackel der Wahrheit durch ein Gedränge zu tragen, ohne jemandem den Bart zu versengen.

Two questions:

How would the cash infusion work on a 3 turn per year startpos file?

Two, am I ok updating my current 1.11 game and just not adding the script file. Just replace the core and text files?
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

enjoyed prussian campaign - then ran into vannilla corrupting savegame ctd.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    Two questions:

How would the cash infusion work on a 3 turn per year startpos file?

Two, am I ok updating my current 1.11 game and just not adding the script file. Just replace the core and text files?
    Cash would work fine with 3 years per turn -- the script is based on turns, not years.

If you are updating your current game, you can replace the script -- it won't hurt, hinder or change your current game in anyway.

Basically the script checks the turn number, and add a smaller cash bonus until turn 10, after which it does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dantragic View Post
    Usually they weren't used in battle
    Yup. In all except exceptional circumstances, I would imaging that they would leave their packs in a staging area with a few guards.
    Last edited by sage2; May 10, 2009 at 04:38 AM.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

v1.12.0
    * Removed the AI counterspying (anti-subterfuge) bonus as this was not reflected in the % results for Rake actions, and made it night impossible to complete simple tasks with a rake.
    Excellent! Must try this out, maybe at last I will find a use for these guys
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

I am playing grand campaign with France and I cannot recruit pikemen anywhere. (year 1803). Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenalboy24 View Post
    I am playing grand campaign with France and I cannot recruit pikemen anywhere. (year 1803). Is this normal?
    Yes. I added the ability for Sweden and Russia to recruit pikemen during the early game (they used them into the 18th century), but most factions don't have this ability in Vanilla (or, by extension, this mod).

The black marbles very stylist for the UI but I can't seem to shake the feeling that there's too much black on the "list" part when you don't have many troops and buildings to fill it in. The unit icons to a less degree, but most of all the building icons really conflict with it (how they're see through when they can be updated and white when they're not really don't go well) and the white tab buttons for selecting different opntions in a city..

It none the less goes really well as the background for the map and the Empire options selection area on it's sides.

Oddly enough, I have no issue with this in a battle land or sea regardless.
    Last edited by Beastro; May 10, 2009 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    The black marbles very stylist for the UI but I can't seem to shake the feeling that there's too much black on the "list" part when you don't have many troops and buildings to fill it in. It none the less goes really well as the background for the map and the Empire options selection area on it's sides.

Oddly enough, I have no problem with this in a battle land or sea regardless.
    The other option was the Mahoganey texture from Warhanomars. It's kind of a swirly polished wood look. It's not bad either, but I felt the black blended a little better with menu buttons and the like. I don't have a strong opinion about this -- I'm just happy I can see unit selections.

Oh I don't either, I was just posting my two cents on the change.

I like it actually, it's brings back memories of playing Final Fantasy III (now called VI). It gave you the option to change your UIs background and I always loved the black marbel it had.

pretorian's Avatar Civis

So it's save compatible or not because I don't know if I must restart another campaign ?
    Last edited by pretorian; May 10, 2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pretorian View Post
    So it's save compatible or not because I don't know if I must restart another campaign ?
    1.11 and 1.12 are save compatible with 1.10 and each other. If your save is from before 1.10, then you may have a problem, as the AOR stuff won't work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    1.11 and 1.12 are save compatible with 1.10 and each other. If your save is from before 1.10, then you may have a problem, as the AOR stuff won't work correctly.
    My 1.11 campaign CTD to desktop repeatedly one turn after I upgraded. Not a big deal - I started new one.

I will send some feedback soon I just wanted to say that the change to the black marble...PERFECT! Amazing how such a simple change can make the display that much more eloquent! I love it ;-)

Ok, back to my game...gotta bust some Swedes for so perfectly destroying half my army. On the campaign map I split one army in half and they moved a stack into the region from out of view and placed it square between my two halves with no way to join them back together or get them within reinforcement range of each other..very smart move and the way it was done looked too good to be coincidental!

So far so good... 16 turns in. Started off by gifting France with Don and Astrakhan in exchange for French Guiana - yeah I was very kind. On top of that got very nice buffer between me and Caucasus. Soon took over 4 trading nodes off the coast of Brazil. France hasn't been able to enjoy Don region for long - they rebelled. I'm going to let it sit like that, so that Georgia, Dagestan, Ottomans all stay confused hehe.

Gave Komi away to Mysore in exchange for protectorate so that I could milk some of their diamond mines income. That didn't last long and they turned on me - I had to send peace keeper force for Operation "Komi Freedom". Here's something to chuckle about (click on thumbnail to enlarge):

Yeah, that's elephants (what's left of General's unit) in Komi snow

Fairly early Denmark broke off aliance with me and went to war. Only Poland stood by me. Destroyed one Finnish army, took Ingria and Riga, signed peace. Now Denmark will face them on their own.

Dutch declared war in South America, so now I took off their hands diamond and golden mine plus sugar plantation. Both Guiana's are mine. Precious...

Love black marble interface plus mini map - much better to read. Good job.

I'd better start building some navy now - there a lot of competition now for trading nodes. Might take Iceland though - Denmark back-stabbed me...
    Last edited by F@32; May 10, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

Civis

This might be a dead issue as I haven't installed 1.12.0 yet but .....I've played as Georgia and Hanover in the penultimate V and the excellent campaign mode music disappears after about 1720.

pretorian's Avatar Civis

I love Your work and I enjoy this game more than ever. But I wondering what You've done with battles (if sth) ? They are seem to be much better than other major mods like IS or DARTH. The biggest surprise is that You place Hussars into polish recruitment at start of campaign. This true historical and You're first. I appreciate that because CA took shame on that.

I have one question about hardness. What is recommendation for battle/campaign ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast