Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .::The "rebirth" of Mithmod - Metallistic's personal modification::.

Icon4 .::The "rebirth" of Mithmod - Metallistic's personal modification::.

Metallistic's Modification or "MM"

-based on Mithrandir's Mithmod

That's right, my personal modification based on the famous sub-mod of Mithrandir.I've asked him through PM, and he granted me his permission to do this sub-mod.Basicly it's Mithmod with
    some stats, recruitment and upkeep costs changes, but it keeps the features of the original sub-mod - nerfed trolls, archers, orcs and stronger elves and dwarves.

And, of course, special thanks to Mithrandir for his permission to use Mithmod as a starting base for my modification.

List of changes:
    -upkeep costs of men and orcs have been generally reduced, orcs are with the lowest upkeep, especially OotMM
    -archers are further nerfed (almost all have -1 missile attack reduced)
    -some infantry and cavalry units of Rohan, Rhun and Dale are "buffed" a little bit (talking about +1 defence or attack)
    -trolls and bersekers have a little higher attack, so they can inflict more damage
    -some Gondorian units are more expensive
    -completely rebalanced cavalry charges
    -added the "
    Better cavalry engagement" tweak, thanks to pajomife@iol.pt
    Will update further when I have time.

Installation:
    Copy in the following directory: SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data

I hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by Metallistic; May 10, 2009 at 02:35 AM.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Default Re: .::The "rebirth" of Mithmod - Metallistic's personal modification::.

Feels like my baby, who I left on the street, just got adopted.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Default Re: .::The "rebirth" of Mithmod - Metallistic's personal modification::.

You managed to tweak and upload it so fast? Hmm.. I think I will stick with RC, but +rep for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by archer9 View Post
    You managed to tweak and upload it so fast?
    I did not tweak it from scratch, just made various changes and I am going to do even more.

Oh, ok. Then I'll keep an eye on this thread.

will this version work with the unit add-on?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    will this version work with the unit add-on?
    Not yet, but I plan to make a compatible version for the additional units.

Excellent, an updated Mithmod. I will give rep as soon as I can.

BUMP, additional units version added.Please someone to test it, if it works properly.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Well done, Metallistic. A lot of people will love it...

Ok I will tested now with Silvan elven ,looks nice Archers are good but not that good as earlier.Orcs is a lot more and that's nice.Mithrandir mod was good but OOTM have no chance with elvens and dwarfs.Now Orcs more kicking ass and is more funny to beat them

Will someone confirm that the additional units version works as it should?And feedback is always appreciated.

you make a sub-mod for a still unfinished sub-mod?

This is getting pretty confusing...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Commander5xl's Avatar Ducenarius

lol see what happens when you make such a great mod, so many other modders wanna mod off it, and then modders wanna mod off those sub mods >_< ITS ALL YOUR FAULT KK!
    ~UpNorthCanuck
    formerly Commander5xl

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post

Apparently, some people preferred it over RC.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Apparently, some people preferred it over RC.
    I never understood that, RC has your basic principles just with a hell of a lot of added realism and balance... no offense, yours was good. Just the two combined is better.

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    I never understood that, RC has your basic principles just with a hell of a lot of added realism and balance... no offense, yours was good. Just the two combined is better.
    I guess realism isn't for everyone?

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post

Well, Mith removed the Mithmod, so why not.I do not see how my modification is going to hurt someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I guess realism isn't for everyone?
    Sigh. You released a "partial" RC and now seem to be holding back on releasing an update until who knows when. So do we:
    1) Just not play while we wait
    2) Play with an RC in which several factions still weren't balanced, anims weren't "recompiled" yet, etc., etc.
    3) Play something like this that may not be perfect but at least addresses ALL the factions, now, today.

It doesn't impact you guys because YOU are PLAYING the latest RC.

"Perfect is the enemy of good enough"

Woe is me!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAttack View Post
    Sigh. You released a "partial" RC and now seem to be holding back on releasing an update until who knows when. So do we:
    1) Just not play while we wait
    2) Play with an RC in which several factions still weren't balanced, anims weren't "recompiled" yet, etc., etc.
    3) Play something like this that may not be perfect but at least addresses ALL the factions, now, today.

It doesn't impact you guys because YOU are PLAYING the latest RC.

"Perfect is the enemy of good enough"

Woe is me!
    Well, if I want to make this perfect, I will have to work my as* off, if I'm doing this alone.I just made something to share, I even thought to keep that to myself, but when Mith gave me his permission, I said to myself : "Why not?" And who knows, some people might actualy play it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast