Thread: New Units for Rhun -Wainraiders - chariots

Default New Units for Rhun -Wainraiders - chariots

It is possible to made new units for Rhun? Wainriders - chariots cavalry
    Wainriders
    The Wainriders were a confederation of Easterling tribes who were united by their hate of Gondor, fuelled by Sauron. Following the Great Plague which weakened Gondor, they started their raids in 1851 of the Third Age and attacked in full force five years later, defeating the Gondorian army and killing King Narmacil II. They rode in great wagons and chariots (which gave them their name), and raided the lands of Rhovanion, destroying or enslaving its people. Gondor gradually lost all of its possessions east of Anduin, save Ithilien, to them. The thirtieth king of Gondor, Calimehtar son of Narmacil, defeated the Wainriders in battle on the Dagorlad, buying some rest for his land.
    However the Wainriders struck back in 1944, allying themselves with the Haradrim of Near Harad and the Variags of Khand. They managed to kill King Ondoher and both his sons, but instead of riding on to Minas Anor and taking the city, they paused to celebrate. Meanwhile, general Eärnil of Gondor's southern army had defeated the Haradrim and rode north to defend his king. He came too late to rescue Ondoher, but managed to surprise and defeat the Wainriders in the Battle of the Camp. Eärnil was crowned king a year later. After this defeat the might of the Wainriders was broken, and their confederation collapsed.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Default Re: New Units for Rhun -Wainraiders - chariots

Look at the dates, that's over a thousand years before the timeframe of the mod.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

trance's Avatar Vicarius

If I am not mistaken, the reason for the exclusion of Wainrider chariots is that it is not possible to make them look good. I guess you'd have to blame CA for not including a chariot model in the game, which would have made it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Look at the dates, that's over a thousand years before the timeframe of the mod.

I know but from Tolkien's book we doesn't know a lot about Rhovanion nation units and strategy in battles.Time of Wainriders was their golden era.

Information from Trance's sound good to me.It was only idea.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

We thought about adding them, but we didn't for the reasons stated above.
    Sorry if I shot you down.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

I'm a fanatic of Tolkien books ,so when I install this mod my dream come true but when I tested ,I just look and want to share with some ideas and I doing this in good faith to made this mod better and better
    If chariots are not possible to implement it is not good- but maybe someone in the future doing this for us.

Animations are not the greatest (read they suck) for chariots. While some modders have got them in game they look terrible. Added to this is the fact that there is no evidence that chariots were used in a large scale manner. Tolkien's last mention of wains used in combat was the Balchoth invasions. After that only the chieftans seemed to ride in them which would suggest they were completely phased out of the eastern militaries. Couple all this together and you get a fairly decent reason for leaving them out of the mod.

If animation sucks I agree that it is not a good idea. a little dissapointing because chariots are so unique...

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Actually I have to disagree with you guys. The animations arent that bad. Actually I consider them pretty good, no different from RTW chariots.

Actually I have to disagree with you guys. The animations arent that bad. Actually I consider them pretty good, no different from RTW chariots.
    I would like to see if you let me now???

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the reason for the exclusion of Wainrider chariots is that it is not possible to make them look good. I guess you'd have to blame CA for not including a chariot model in the game, which would have made it possible.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2239

someone made a M2TW chariot minimod which can include chariots
    modders, feel free to use

Brightgalrs's Avatar Civis

You guys at least attempt it.

0 A.D ~ A Freeware Game under development by Wildfire Games

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Can you show me a vid of it? Uploading a battle replay would be nice, as I can't download it for some reason.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

It has some bugs, new version looks much better (forgot where I saw it perhaps in the mod workshop)
    edit:sorry it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightgalrs View Post
    You guys at least attempt it.
    Yes I will bow to your demands oh lord. Can I go to the washroom now and could you please tell me when I can eat.

Some people have pressed me to add charriots in extended TA, i might give them a try later on.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

In RoTK, when Frodo sits in Amon Hen, ammong the other things he is able to see, he describes Warriors from the East with wains and carts with supplies...