Thread: RTW corrupted?

Libertus

Default RTW corrupted?

I think my RTW is broken, no units have fire at will/hold fire enabled (its grayed out) and no ranged units have skirmish enabled. I noticed this when out of the blue my archers wouldnt run, and got run over, and in the same battle my skirmishers fired right into the back of my legionaires and caused them to rout. Also everything has unlimited ammo, i have uninstalled everything and I have even checked preferences and UNLIMITED_AMMO is on false. HELP ME PLZ, Macedon are now winning battles they shouldn't becuase I can't thin them out also why does my new computer (9800GTX+ 1gb, core 2 duo 3.16ghz, 4gb ddr2 880)have more trouble than my old computer at playing this game?(7600gs, amd athlon 1.8ghz, 1gb ram)

Arnspac's Avatar Miss You Calvin

Default Re: RTW corrupted?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximuspwnius View Post
    I think my RTW is broken, no units have fire at will/hold fire enabled (its grayed out) and no ranged units have skirmish enabled. I noticed this when out of the blue my archers wouldnt run, and got run over, and in the same battle my skirmishers fired right into the back of my legionaires and caused them to rout. Also everything has unlimited ammo, i have uninstalled everything and I have even checked preferences and UNLIMITED_AMMO is on false. HELP ME PLZ, Macedon are now winning battles they shouldn't becuase I can't thin them out also why does my new computer (9800GTX+ 1gb, core 2 duo 3.16ghz, 4gb ddr2 880)have more trouble than my old computer at playing this game?(7600gs, amd athlon 1.8ghz, 1gb ram)
    I assume you are running RS 1.5 ??? Or RTW vanilla ??

Is 'Guard Mode' enabled for those non-fleeing units??

Fire at Will / Hold Fire greyed out sounds like a corrupt install. When you dumped everything did you clean out the registry as well ??

The only time I have seen skirmishers hit their own troops is with fire missiles of some sort.

I know how frustrating this is...believe me. But we'll help you work it out.
    Cu māndrie, under the Patronage of leif_erikson

There is no disease I spit on more than treachery.