Thread: Mod compatibility

Default Mod compatibility

You mod looks very intresting and I would love to try it. However I am using the DarthMod at the moment and I was wondering can I have both installed at the same or do I have to uninstall one to play the other. I know in Medieval 2 you could have more than one mod installed at a time, but I didn't know if empire had the same capabilities especially with these earlier mods.

Default Re: Mod compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by davidtotalwar View Post
    You mod looks very intresting and I would love to try it. However I am using the DarthMod at the moment and I was wondering can I have both installed at the same or do I have to uninstall one to play the other. I know in Medieval 2 you could have more than one mod installed at a time, but I didn't know if empire had the same capabilities especially with these earlier mods.
    Personally I wouldn't recommend it. I had numerous issues with save games too. Depending on what changes were made in the mods you might need to start new campaign to fully experience what it has to offer. I started several campaigns with various mods and picked TROM. You have to try and see for yourself.

They both change fundamental aspects such as unit stats and TROM now uses a modded startpos which cannot work with Darthmods.

This mod was just given hosted mod status so it will take abit before people begin to release their own mini-mods of their own.

If your good at modding yourself you could start on meshing DM with TROM, I'm sure there are others that would interested in the niche depends on what they want mixed/removed from each.

is it ok to add aditional units like the british mod by legofingers? i would add the stand alone units!

Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    is it ok to add aditional units like the british mod by legofingers? i would add the stand alone units!
    I would make sure that he's using the new data schema from the 1.2 patch, and is balanced to vanilla. If so, then this should be fine.

thanks for the tipp! i'm sorry that i did not read this before i opened a new topic.