l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Welcome Regalia!

Nice to see you guys!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Default Re: Welcome Regalia!

Hurrayyy! Now we can communicate easly.
    ETW MODS
    To pick your own research, construction and recruitment time > Power of X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flags, sounds, uniforms, effects mod > Regalia of Nations

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Good job on getting you're own forum!

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Nice to see you guys getting the attention you deserve!

Congrats Mech_Donald, Aykis16, Trasibulos, Remo, etc etc etc!!

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Grats on your own forum.....you deserve it.

I wanted to let you know that I respect this project moreso than any other hitherto released. I think it is excellent to alter the game in a subtle yet pronounced way, so that people who are afraid of altering their core gameplay files can enjoy the rich and rewarding atmosphere that the mod community so frequently imbues upon the core experience. While I myself tweak items to match my own designs, it is immensely pleasing to see a mod that can be used by truly anyone, and I hope that you recognize the value of this philosophy. I will certainly be following your progress and making use of your work, and I offer my sincerest gratitude for your efforts.

I also hazard that you should be wary of becoming too mired in other projects. At least one or two other projects tire me ceaselessly by having identified themselves with one mod or another, requiring me to personally edit and excise material I find unecessary and obnoxious, to the point that I am near giving up on those projects. I do not imagine that you will experience this difficulty based on the premise of your work, but thought I would advise the caution nonetheless. People who create mods too frequently forget that not everyone is as picky as they are.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

And to Roslolian, don't worry, Regalia will never change Gameplay. There might be compatibility patches for other mods but those will be seperate downloads.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roslolian View Post
    I wanted to let you know that I respect this project moreso than any other hitherto released. I think it is excellent to alter the game in a subtle yet pronounced way, so that people who are afraid of altering their core gameplay files can enjoy the rich and rewarding atmosphere that the mod community so frequently imbues upon the core experience. While I myself tweak items to match my own designs, it is immensely pleasing to see a mod that can be used by truly anyone, and I hope that you recognize the value of this philosophy. I will certainly be following your progress and making use of your work, and I offer my sincerest gratitude for your efforts.

I also hazard that you should be wary of becoming too mired in other projects. At least one or two other projects tire me ceaselessly by having identified themselves with one mod or another, requiring me to personally edit and excise material I find unecessary and obnoxious, to the point that I am near giving up on those projects. I do not imagine that you will experience this difficulty based on the premise of your work, but thought I would advise the caution nonetheless. People who create mods too frequently forget that not everyone is as picky as they are.

One neat thing that Aykis has implemented is that every single basic quality of the mod (Sounds, Flags, Uniforms etc.) is its own stand-alone download. Regalia is an extremely customizable mod, which I love. For example, I really liked Boicote's Portugal reskin, but in order to get his new uniforms, I would also have had to download a few gameplay changes (such as a Westphalia swap and some new units for Portugal), none of which I really wanted to add, since I'm trying to preserve vanilla gameplay (because I want ZERO risk with official CA patches concerning mod compatibility). All in all, this caused me to skip out on his reskin. With Regalia, you'll never come across this problem; you get exactly what you want to get.

Congratulations on your own Forum