Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations Support Thread

Default Regalia of Nations Support Thread

Having problems? Post here.

Default Re: Regalia of Nations Support Thread

Is this compatible with Darth Mod? I'm sorry it's not a problem, but I have to run shortly and would like to know for when I get back.
    Suicide was against the law. Johnny had wondered why. It meant that if you missed, or the gas ran out, or the rope broke, you could get locked up in prison to show you that life was really very jolly and thoroughly worth living.

Unless DarthMod requires the Startpos.esf to be changed, then it should be compatible. If DarthMod does require you to use a custom startpos.esf then I will have to make a compatibility patch.

I'm having some troubles with the naval ensigns, they don't appear for all nations for me. Some like France and Austria have theirs but others such as the U.S and Britain don't.

Yes. I've noticed this as well. It appears we had a mixup in our last patch upgrade for the flags and some textures did not make it. So this mistake will be rectified in the next flag upgrade which should be coming in the next few days.

EDIT: Also Britain is the only country in the game to have had a unique naval ensign in vanilla, so we didn't change it. It should look something like this :

Can you confirm?
    Last edited by Aykis16; May 09, 2009 at 03:09 PM.

Yeah that's the British ensign I saw.

Couple of CTDs. One occured when a unit of Moroccan rebels (meaning the Moroccan faction trying to retake Morocco) tried to garrison a building. Crashed the moment they entered. The other was when I did a somewhat complex exchange of troops from a building, a port and an army at the same time. The reason I put them here is because these crashes have never occured before, and it only started once I put your custom startpos.esf in. I can't say why on earth they would be connected, but replacing the startpos.esf with the original has kept this kind of thing from happening again. I personally believe it's connected.

Has this only happened once when you had the custom startpos.esf? I'm guessing its because the minor nations aren't really meant to be playable by the vanilla game, so there are still bugs there. It is possible to have a bug free game with a minor nation though, as I have had many.

Both times I was playing as Spain, and it's only been using the custom startpos.esf file. As in, I put the file in and it happened the next time I played. I reset to the original, and it didn't happen again. Then downloaded the latest set and put the startpos.esf that came with that, and it happened the next I played. It's weird because it doesn't seem bound to anything I do, but...well, it only happens when I use the custom startpos.esf.

That said, it's not too big a deal. It has slowed me down, but hasn't broken my experience. I just figured you'd want to know of anything of the sort, and I can't connect it to any variable other than the startpos.esf.
    Last edited by Roslolian; May 14, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just had a free moment to boot up ETW for the first time in a long time, and I ran some custom battles to look at the battalion flags; I spotted this, not sure if you were aware of it or not, so I thought I'd throw a pic up. As you can see, the white portion to the right should be transparent, but currently is still opaque.

Alright thanks for the notice Kippy. I'll have to check all flags that are supposed to be transparent. Kippy can you see if you can find anymore? France Republic is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that you can play in custom battles.

EDIT: I just went through all the flags that have transparencies and fixed them. Currently uploading new file to filefront. When its finished I'll release it. Thanks again for pointing it out Kippy.
    Last edited by Aykis16; May 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM.

I know this is more of a computer question, but I cannot find the answer elsewhere and it's preventing Regalia from working. I cannot access my "Documents and Settings" folder on my vista-running pc. When I try to open it, it tells me that access is denied. This makes no sense; I am an administrator, and I have the hidden files viewable as I should. Would someone please throw me a bone of logic, or at least hit me over the head with it? This is my first attempt at installing a mod, which is most likely obvious. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I still need help; if anyone is willing to provide Vista-friendly instructions for someone without mod manager (or visa-friendly instructions for downloading and installing mod manager) I would deeply appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by socrateach View Post
    Unfortunately I still need help; if anyone is willing to provide Vista-friendly instructions for someone without mod manager (or visa-friendly instructions for downloading and installing mod manager) I would deeply appreciate it.
    If I had Vista I would like to help you...

The Kahn's Avatar Civis

Well socrateach, I have Vista, and i don't have a Documents and Settings folder, but I have vista home basic 32 bit so i don't know if that might have something to do with it or not, but here is how i install mods: First, make sure to uncheck hidden folders and files (which you already have done). Second, navigate to your empire total war data folder (by default i believe it is C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\Empire total war\data), and drop the mod packs in there. Third, if you don't have mod manager (i don't use it), go to start, then in the run box type '%appdata%', and click the folder "roaming." Then go to the creative assembly folder, then the empire folder, then scripts. Then you should see a text file named "user.empire_script." Open it, and type "Mod <mod name here>.pack; So for example it would be "mod Regalia.pack;" (without the quotes). I hope that helps.
    I am 35% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Hello, I recently re-downloaded Regalia the Flag patch v 2.02 and I already have the other elements of Regalia of Nations. When I had it before, everything worked fine. But now when I attempt to launch Empire, windows task manager immediately lists the program as "not responding". Is this a problem anyone has encountered, or am I retarded?

Do you use Mod Manager? If so, you might have to start the game through mod manager and select the new flag pack.

I do have mod manager, and I did try to start the game through it, but the problem persists. Speaking of which, if a particular patch is causing an inordinate number of conflicts, how can I redress that? Maybe this isn't the right place for that question, though....

Easiest way to fix problems with patch issues is to remove all mods (not necessarily delete, just remove 'em), then use the Steam menu (right click on Empire, choose Properties and then the Local Files tab) to Verify Integrity of Game Cache, then replace the mods that you're certain you want to use. I'd also use the PFM (Pack File Manager) to make sure your mods are in mod format, unless you're okay with patch format mods.

Hi, I'm a bit confused on how to get this mod to work, could someone give me the links to download this mod as I'm really confused on what I have to install? Also is it compatible with Imperium Globale and Darth Mod?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast