Thread: Imperator 2 error when starting battle

Default Imperator 2 error when starting battle

Ok, now Imperator 2 won't work either, I got farther than with extended realism though

I installed Imperator 2 into a copy of my vanilla RTW folder, unmodified. I tried to start it up but it didn't work, said something like it couldn't find RTW-BI so I put it into the Imperator 2 folder and it ame up with a different error.

so I put everything from the RTW copy folder into the Imperator 2 folder that was inside it and clicked Imperator startup again and this time it worked.

so I exited the program and installed the 2.1 patch into the same folder:

c://Program files/The Creative Studios/Copy of RTW/Imperator II

and then applied a fix called descr_model_battle which one of the stickys told me to apply and then started it up and started the early imperator campaign.

I clicked the show me how thing for the 4 turns per year, clicked to make 8 units of Principes in Rome (figured I might as well set the max so that even if my money goes negative they will still be made) and set to build a port in rome, and a basilica and paved roads in the other town, then disbanded two of my boats from my navy (only need one for transport and no point in getting into more debt) I noticed I had a big army camped in a fort on one side of a city and Pyrrhus was on the other, I decided to stay and wait to see if Pyrrhus would attack it so that I could move in and finish off whoever wins, and as I had hoped Pyrrus did attack and sent only half his army to my fort.

I seized my chance to wipe out his divided army and, with adrenaline in my veins making me shiver with anticipation of a battle that I thought I might actually lose (to the CPU, how would believe it?) started a battle, and the mood was completely ruined by the following error message box:

Generic Error:

Failed to find texture 'imp/data/models_unit/textures/imp_standard_tft1.tga'

What happened?

By the way, in case my description of how I installed it wasn't clear, it went something like this:

C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Copy of RTW\

This is where I installed Imperator II

so now there was a folder called Imperator II inside the RTW folder next to the icons and stuff, but it wasn't working because I think all the data files and stuff were supposed to be in the Imperator II folder so I moved them all into the Imperator folder:

C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Copy of RTW\Imperator II (contains the Imperator II files and the RTW files)

I installed the patch into this same folder and put the fix into:

C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Extended Realism\Imperator II - Final Edition\IMP\data

which is what the sticky told me to do

Default Re: Imperator 2 error when starting battle

I'm having my own problems, but I was having the same problem as you and did manage to fix it. Take a look at my thread just below entitled "CTD Every Other Battle" and you can see how I did it. You can copy the missing file and paste it (see the thread for the locations--I don't recall without looking). With mine, when I did one I got another error that I solved in a similar fashion. I still get frequent CTDs, but at least they're predictable enough that I can get around them and play the game until such time as I can fix it. (Awesome mod, isn't it?)

Michael

I looked in the 'imp/data/models_unit/textures/' folder but 'imp_standard_tft1.tga' isn't there

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I already did that, I did it right after I installed it as I am very thorough