Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

something I just noticed playing as Spain in 1.41 with the DLC units is that the Spanish Grenadiers are still 80 man units, as opposed to the TROM 160 man Grenadier units, I assume its the same for all the countries that got new grenadiers.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Yeah, those new units seem to create problems. For example I can recruit 6 of each of the new guard units for Prussia, which is way to much. Also there are grenadiers recruitable in Koenigsberg which don't have a name. Strangely, I don't find any of the new units in the TROM files, which is obviously causing these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    something I just noticed playing as Spain in 1.41 with the DLC units is that the Spanish Grenadiers are still 80 man units, as opposed to the TROM 160 man Grenadier units, I assume its the same for all the countries that got new grenadiers.
    Yes -- we did a quick fix to get them in. They will be corrected.

Some minor issues in TROM 1.41:
    1) Reserve Rgts of Foot were not modified by this patch, while Named were. So Reserve Regiments have old values: Accuracy 45; Charge 5; Defence 15; Morale 9; Ammo 10. As you can see, they are quite superior now (well, in some aspects). Perhaps their new values should be: Accuracy 40; Charge 9; Defence 13; Morale 8; Ammo 12. Or something like that. I assume they were just forgotten.
    2) Pikemen charge value is still old TROM, which is 1. While the Charge values of other units increased drammatically (mostly +4 for infantry). Should the Pikemen get bonus too?

That's all to this point, i get back to my campaign.
    TROM is the best, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Elm_Javelin View Post
    Some minor issues in TROM 1.41:
    1) Reserve Rgts of Foot were not modified by this patch, while Named were. So Reserve Regiments have old values: Accuracy 45; Charge 5; Defence 15; Morale 9; Ammo 10. As you can see, they are quite superior now (well, in some aspects). Perhaps their new values should be: Accuracy 40; Charge 9; Defence 13; Morale 8; Ammo 12. Or something like that. I assume they were just forgotten.
    2) Pikemen charge value is still old TROM, which is 1. While the Charge values of other units increased drammatically (mostly +4 for infantry). Should the Pikemen get bonus too?

That's all to this point, i get back to my campaign.
    TROM is the best, no kidding!
    1) Juuust noticed this myself. Fixing.

2) Hmmmm... that's a good point.

Text file entry for euro_provincial_line_infantry_fusiliers is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Thank you! At 0200 last night, I just couldn't figure out what the heck was missing.

Firstly I want to offer a rather belated thanks for TROM. I hoped that a mod like TROM would eventually emerge; just had no idea it would be this quick and be so good. I have a minor issue re flags. I'm 99% certain that Spanky's flag mod is not working but I don't know why. Its in the data folder, but flags are still vanilla ETW. I don't use mod manager for installing TROM - is this the problem? Thanks in advance.

is the french naval flag meant to be plain white?

I don't know if its supposed to be this way or not, but in a couple countries where the line infantry is low quality, like Spain and Russia, the provincial/reserve regiments of foot are actually statistically better, at least with reloading, than the line infantry.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

I noticed while starting a game as Spain with the newest version of TROM that I cant recruit grenadiers in Madrid; they do show up in the custom battle screen, but are not recruitable in the campaign for me. I do have the DLC, I dont know if thats whats causing this, but I didnt have this problem in the previous version(1.40). There also seems to be some text missing from one of the (elite) line inf units you can recruit as Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    I don't know if its supposed to be this way or not, but in a couple countries where the line infantry is low quality, like Spain and Russia, the provincial/reserve regiments of foot are actually statistically better, at least with reloading, than the line infantry.
    Yeah I noticed this as well. Provincial Russian Line has reload skill of 22, Russian Line has reload skill of 20. There are other minor differences though where the 'proper' line has an advantage and the pricing is quite close, so perhaps its by design?

Cheers, Moopere

Quote Originally Posted by poweraxe View Post
    I noticed while starting a game as Spain with the newest version of TROM that I cant recruit grenadiers in Madrid; they do show up in the custom battle screen, but are not recruitable in the campaign for me. I do have the DLC, I dont know if thats whats causing this, but I didnt have this problem in the previous version(1.40). There also seems to be some text missing from one of the (elite) line inf units you can recruit as Spain.
    confirmed. will fix next ver.

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    Yeah I noticed this as well. Provincial Russian Line has reload skill of 22, Russian Line has reload skill of 20. There are other minor differences though where the 'proper' line has an advantage and the pricing is quite close, so perhaps its by design?

Cheers, Moopere
    Russian line is one of the best 3 in TROM. It just has a low reload skill -- check all its stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus58 View Post
    Firstly I want to offer a rather belated thanks for TROM. I hoped that a mod like TROM would eventually emerge; just had no idea it would be this quick and be so good. I have a minor issue re flags. I'm 99% certain that Spanky's flag mod is not working but I don't know why. Its in the data folder, but flags are still vanilla ETW. I don't use mod manager for installing TROM - is this the problem? Thanks in advance.
    I haven't tested it thoroughly, or tried to fix it, but some of Spanky's flags seem to have stoped working after the CA patch.

2 potential bugs in file trom_text.pack for 1-43.

1. There are 2 string resources for Tag 'units_on_screen_name_euro_expat_infantry_poland':
    - Polish Expatriate Infantry;
    - Polish Volunteer Regiment of Foot.
    Which of them correct?

2. Strange character in strings for tags 'units_on_screen_name_france_chasseurs_a_cheval_royal_cravattes' and 'units_on_screen_name_austrian_dragoons_batthyanyi'. I see it as '�'.

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    Russian line is one of the best 3 in TROM. It just has a low reload skill -- check all its stats.
    Yes, I agree with you. I guess the original question was why provincial Russian line has better reload skill than the standard Russian line? My thoughts were, and as you infer, that perhaps its just a differentiation thing, they standard Russian line have other advantages in other stats areas and their price is very reasonable.

To be honest, I don't know what reload skill does anyway ... related to reload speed I imagine??

Regards,
    Moopere

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    That's because I haven't enabled this unit yet. You've uncovered my secret work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Vasya View Post
    1. There are 2 string resources for Tag 'units_on_screen_name_euro_expat_infantry_poland':
    - Polish Expatriate Infantry;
    - Polish Volunteer Regiment of Foot.
    Which of them correct?
    Please use "Polish Volunteer Regiment of Foot". I'll be adding a "Polish Expatriates" unit in a later version though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Vasya View Post
    2. Strange character in strings for tags 'units_on_screen_name_france_chasseurs_a_cheval_royal_cravattes' and 'units_on_screen_name_austrian_dragoons_batthyanyi'. I see it as '�'.
    These must be strings from the Unit Variety Mod.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

It looks like some of the changes to the localisation file got lost between 1.40 and 1.43...
    "Provincial" should be "Reserve" and "Reserve" should be simply "Regiment of Foot" (as this is the generic infantry used by minor nations). There are a few other details too. I'll sort them out for the next update.

And I didn't mean Prussian Fusiliers to be available yet. I must have activated them by mistake
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Oh! And i thought that change Reserve to Provincial was intentional. And i liked it. As they are indeed literally PROVINCIAL, i.e. that can be recruited in provinces. UP: And (sorry for flame) I don't like the term Reserve Regiment, since in XVIII there were no 'reservists' in morden meaning of this word.
    Last edited by Elm_Javelin; June 29, 2009 at 06:08 AM.