Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

It's not that I don't believe you! I tested this awhile ago, and found that the 1st rate would open fire at the correct (and long) range, whatever the range card said.

I can try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Why you dont belive me? It's a real bug. I have many reports about it from our forum.
    You can see bug at this picture:

Here you can see difference between fire ranges.
    P.S. Forgive me for my bad English.

Sukhoi's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    It's not that I don't believe you! I tested this awhile ago, and found that the 1st rate would open fire at the correct (and long) range, whatever the range card said.

I can try it again.
    OK. So, please, check and fix it.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Russia has only two allies - the Russian army and the Russian fleet.
    ( Emperor Alexander III )

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    OK. So, please, check and fix it.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Okay, bug confirmed. Now I have to figure out what's causing it.

Okay, this is the problem:

For some reason, it's keying the range off of the quarterdecks 6 pounder guns. I think this is a problem with the model. It's a bug in vanilla, but it's visible here since in Vanilla, all the guns have the same range -- by changing the ranges, I've exposed a *really* stupid bug on CA's part.

There's a sort of easy fix -- change the quarter 6 pounders to something with longer range. Hmmm... The quarter deck guns (column 4) should just be marked as 32 pounders.

EDIT: 1.31.2 is up with this (and only this) fix.
    Last edited by sage2; June 10, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Well I've followed the instillation as told, but all that happens is the Music changes and after I make my end torn in my first turn I get the withe screen of death and it crashes to the DT. And tills me empire total war has a bug. Can any one help palse.

Anybody I'm a bit odd over it. Its recking my head.

Hi All,

I've a problem after the last 1.32 update. I've used the Ottoman Mod 1.1 together with TROM but after the last update the game won't start with both mod's. Anybody an idea why? It confuses me cause there are no conflicts...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshamrock. View Post
    Well I've followed the instillation as told, but all that happens is the Music changes and after I make my end torn in my first turn I get the withe screen of death and it crashes to the DT. And tills me empire total war has a bug. Can any one help palse.
    It sounds like you haven't copied startpos.esf into the correct director. Make sure that you:
    1) Copied all the .pack files to \data
    2) Copied the .esf and .lua file to the directory indicated <-- I think this is where you went wrong.
    3) Enabled the packfiles by using the Mod Manager tool, or by copying the user script file to the right directory.

Thank you Sage. And I'm sorry to every oen for being so inpayshent. After reading all out the mod it kind of set someting off in me and I so badley wnat to play it. So sorry all. And thank you. I'll you know how I get on Sage thnaks again.

Just a small bug I pick up on. I was playing as Briton, on hard very hard. And the game was fine all the way true till about the 20 turn. I oranley thought it was Russia caasling the triad agreement we had the next turn after I got it the turn before. I even went back in and canceled it my self. And it crash to the DT again. I then went back into it a 3rd time and did knotting. And it was working fine up till it got to the Persian flag when it was on the Persian fag. I got the white screen of death then again. So i reckoned that its the game its self and not the mod. I don't think it is anyway. But maybe ye could have a look see and check it out. Thanks again by the way for the help installing the mod.

Not really a bug but a problem with artillery ranges in sieges. I tried to storm a minor city in silecia with my prussian troops and two demi canons. However, my canons couldn't reach the fort, because the setup zone was just outside of the range of the demi canons.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Not really a bug but a problem with artillery ranges in sieges. I tried to storm a minor city in silecia with my prussian troops and two demi canons. However, my canons couldn't reach the fort, because the setup zone was just outside of the range of the demi canons.
    Given that TROM has significantly extended the ranges of most cannons, including the demi's, I'd have to chalk that up to bad luck in the map creation.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMiAM View Post
    Given that TROM has significantly extended the ranges of most cannons, including the demi's, I'd have to chalk that up to bad luck in the map creation.
    Indeed. While demi-canons and sakers increased the least, the demi-cannons range went from 400 in vanilla to 500 in TROM.

In my numerous battles both against and using native bowmen they seem to have a bug where they are "firing" but nothing is going towards the enemy. They just do the bow firing animation repeatedly and super fast, it chews their ammo in a matter of seconds. I've noticed that it only happens when the archers are attacking someone at the maximum possible distance, scoot them forward a few paces and they are good to go.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://&#91;IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png&#91;/IMG]

roebra's Avatar Libertus
    West-Vlaanderen, Vlaanderen, Belgium, Europe

I don't know it this very little bug is worth saying but here you are:
    For me it isn't a big deal but a CTD happened twice with the same action. I wanted to merge some units ( I guess it was a generals bodyguard and some polish lines) with a full army stack in west prussia.
    The next time I reloaded my campaign I just ignored it and just merged outside the city and refilled the city with the units I wanted.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by roebra View Post
    I don't know it this very little bug is worth saying but here you are:
    For me it isn't a big deal but a CTD happened twice with the same action. I wanted to merge some units ( I guess it was a generals bodyguard and some polish lines) with a full army stack in west prussia.
    The next time I reloaded my campaign I just ignored it and just merged outside the city and refilled the city with the units I wanted.
    This is a bug in ETW, not really anything to do with TROM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    In my numerous battles both against and using native bowmen they seem to have a bug where they are "firing" but nothing is going towards the enemy. They just do the bow firing animation repeatedly and super fast, it chews their ammo in a matter of seconds. I've noticed that it only happens when the archers are attacking someone at the maximum possible distance, scoot them forward a few paces and they are good to go.
    Again, this seems to be a bug in ETW...
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    It saved my Dutch ass in a couple of battles once in Guyana.

It also effects guns to, in the same battles my milita were responding in kind but doing nothing.

The AOR grenadiers still have all the fire drills and no mass fire.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    The AOR grenadiers still have all the fire drills and no mass fire.
    Will be fixed.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

The foot militia of Poland-Lithunia and some other countries (but not all) have distorted (double) faces.

EDIT:Nevermind, I found the error. Was another skin mod that lacked a normal.dds.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; June 19, 2009 at 07:11 PM.

Unlike line infantry grenadiers can hide in light scrub. Is this intentional? I mean, hiding with a bearcap...