Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    I must have messed up the install somehow, I can't see how.

The Blood pack wasn't installed either.

Oh well I can go without the Germans or Russky Infantry, I'm dominating most of the Europe and NA anyway.
    Unfortunately it means that any unit that uses a custom area won't be recruitable. That's about 2/3rd of the new units, I think.

Just to verify, go ahead and copy the startpos.esf (and you might as well do the .lua as well, just to be sure) file from Part 2 into the path I noted above, overwriting the old one. Then, start a new campaign as Russia. You should be able to recruit Russian line in Moscow. This will confirm that this was the issue (and make sure your next game works correctly!).
    Last edited by sage2; May 25, 2009 at 01:23 PM.

Yeah I reDLed everyting and put new files in including the startpos and lua.

Didn't work.

Yeah I reDLed everyting and put new files in including the startpos and lua.

Didn't work.
    That is really bizarre. I can't even begin to think of what it would be then -- if the startpos.esf is in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main and you start a new game, it just works (at least for me).

Does anyone else have any ideas? Has anyone else seen this before?

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    That is really bizarre. I can't even begin to think of what it would be then -- if the startpos.esf is in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main and you start a new game, it just works (at least for me).

Does anyone else have any ideas? Has anyone else seen this before?
    Oh it works when I start a new game, thought you were saying there was a way to get it to load for one in progress.

I'm way too far into the game to restart now.

Oh it works when I start a new game, thought you were saying there was a way to get it to load for one in progress.

I'm way too far into the game to restart now.
    No, no way for a game in progress -- unfortunately, startpos.esf is loaded once at the beginning of a campaign. It sounds like it just didn't get installed. At some point, we need to put together an installer to people out with this!

Uhhh... that's really weird. I've never seen that in TROM or Vanilla. Incidentally, newly recruited dragoon units will show 45, as the size was decreased in 1.2x.

Yah i got in a battle with them and they do indeed have that many men, though it won't let you retrain them after the battle....it's only happened once though and I like having 150 men dragoon units .
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

No, no way for a game in progress -- unfortunately, startpos.esf is loaded once at the beginning of a campaign. It sounds like it just didn't get installed. At some point, we need to put together an installer to people out with this!
    I came around and decided to restart my Russian game, special units are half the fun of ETW.

I'm just gonna hold out on 1.25.0 if it's going to come out later today, not worth it to start playing now and miss out of the latest changes.

Yah i got in a battle with them and they do indeed have that many men, though it won't let you retrain them after the battle....it's only happened once though and I like having 150 men dragoon units .
    This completely slipped my mind, I had this happen to a regiment of colonial dragoons when I played as Britain only my number was around 120-130.

By the time I quite that game they'd wittled down to 90 or so.

It's so long ago, while I treated it so matter of factly and have played Britain so much (around 3 games as them of the 6 or so I've played so far) that I don't know if it was an IS or TROM game.

I came around and decided to restart my Russian game, special units are half the fun of ETW.

I'm just gonna hold out on 1.25.0 if it's going to come out later today, not worth it to start playing now and miss out of the latest changes.

This completely slipped my mind, I had this happen to a regiment of colonial dragoons when I played as Britain only my number was around 120-130.

By the time I quite that game they'd wittled down to 90 or so.

It's so long ago, while I treated it so matter of factly and have played Britain so much (around 3 games as them of the 6 or so I've played so far) that I don't know if it was an IS or TROM game.
    As an FYI, I think this is a vanilla bug with how dismounted troops are calculated. Some CA programmer is bad at math...
    1.25.0 is out now. It is only changes to Part 1. As long as the Part 2 1.2x esf and lua files are in the correct campaign directory, you should be good to go. You will know that you are good if you can recruit Russian line in Moscow.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Bug: Carabinieers have no carbines, but they still have the skirmish button
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    Bug: Carabinieers have no carbines, but they still have the skirmish button
    Fixed next ver.

Whats the eta on the next version, is it big enough to warrant a possible restart of a campaign?

The lack of carbines for Carabinieers isn't that major for me, I almost never dismount them or Dragoons.

Whats the eta on the next version, is it big enough to warrant a possible restart of a campaign?

The lack of carbines for Carabinieers isn't that major for me, I almost never dismount them or Dragoons.
    You should not have to restart your campaign for any version since v1.10. The only time it's ever a good idea (and then, it's not necessary in the strict sense) to restart is when we make recruitment area changes to Startpos.esf, since startpos.esf is loaded at the beginning of a campaign game only.

All of these little updates we make roll right into a current campaign with no problems. I've been playing my Russian game since v1.10.0!

You should not have to restart your campaign for any version since v1.10. The only time it's ever a good idea (and then, it's not necessary in the strict sense) to restart is when we make recruitment area changes to Startpos.esf, since startpos.esf is loaded at the beginning of a campaign game only.

All of these little updates we make roll right into a current campaign with no problems. I've been playing my Russian game since v1.10.0!
    K

It's just that BS I ran into with my Dutch game, it's left me paranoid about upgrading a campaign already in progress.

K

It's just that BS I ran into with my Dutch game, it's left me paranoid about upgrading a campaign already in progress.
    Well, understand. I've not had any trouble, and change my campaign once ever turn or two sometimes as I test stuff out!

LoL.

Well I upgrade to 1.26.1 from 1.25.1, we'll see if my curse continues.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

v 1.27 bug:
    Carabiniers' sabre missing from animations
    (quick fix: set Warscape Equipment Theme ID Ref in units_stats_land table to x_euro_cavalry_sabre)
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Playing 1.26 still atm and found that NA bowmen are acting funny.

The AI stands out of range of my infantry and wastes all their arrows before charging. This doesn't seem to effect my own bowmen however in a later battle where enemy bowmen were rushing me I began to suspect that my colonial militas bullets wern't even launching.

Later on in the last battle I fought the arrows came back to deadly effect to my infantry but it was at least half way into the bows range if not more so.

The odd thing is that I don't see the graphics for the arrows flying through the air nor bullets, but back in Europe everything is working as normal (I use Kalmuks as my main skirmishers as the bow can be fired faster and seems to do more damage than irregular infantry and other unmounted skirmishers.

The only thing different I've done since starting this game as a 1.25 game was bump up my graphics add bloom, anti-aliasing and the other thing from x2 to x8.

I get odd graphics flickers from this while deploying my men pre-battle but once it starts this goes away and I have no ill effects.

I didn't want to mess around with making a clip with xfire so I made some SS':

as you can see the arrows show up as the men notch their bow but once launched it just disappears.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In this one you can see that some bowmen have their arrows already vanishing before they've even loosened their bows.

The 10 men lost from my second CM regiment were from the previous battle where the Dutch bowmen spent their arrows and charged me into a melee.

Yup, that bowmen bug has been around since ETW vanilla's launch. I've never been able to pin it down reliably; it definitely seems to effect the NA bowmen the most. I've never seen it with my Steppe horsemen, or anywhere outside of North America.

And I forgot to, Prussian Infantry is only recruitable in Brandenburg right?

I'm asking because I was crushing the last remnant of the Prussian army and got reinforced by the Polish garrison of the recently retaken Warsaw:

What got my eyebrow raised is the little blue coated man in the Polish army, he's Prussian... but Poland has never held Berlin to recruit even one of the buggers (They've actually been holding the on by the skin of their teeth until I swept in from the north and raised hell along the Baltic).

On the flip side, the red coated in the Prussian army makes sense since they've held on to Warsaw on two to three seperate occasions, the last being the very last turn, that's why the Warsaw garrisons so badly mauled.
    Last edited by Beastro; May 26, 2009 at 11:09 PM.

And I forgot to, Prussian Infantry is only recruitable in Brandenburg right?
    Actually, no. Prussia has one of the two multi-provinces AORs (it includes east and west prussia, and Ibelieve Gdansk, but not certain about the last one). Johann and I have already id'd this to fix the next time we update startpos.esf (which we try not to do very often, due to the need to restart a campaign).