Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Civis

Default Re: Bug Reports

Crushing defeat?
    Playing as venice on VH/VH I'm attempting to wrest Athens from Ottomans with an army of >1,000 including Cav and artillery out of Morea. I get intercepted by about 400 Ottomans and I totally wipe them out with a loss of just one individual but the battle is determined as a crushing defeat for me. How is this possible?

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Prussian grenadiers use rank, platoon and advanced platoon fire unlike all other grenadier units.
    If you could give me an overview of what firing drills each unit type (militia, light infantry, irregulars, line, grenadiers, elite) should use, I'll try to fix it for the next update. It's just that when Sage is offline I don't feel comfortable changing anything with unit stats for fear of breaking things...
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    If you could give me an overview of what firing drills each unit type (militia, light infantry, irregulars, line, grenadiers, elite) should use, I'll try to fix it for the next update. It's just that when Sage is offline I don't feel comfortable changing anything with unit stats for fear of breaking things...
    When it comes to grenadiers, Sage changed the fire drills a while ago:

v1.29.1
    (...)
    * Grenadiers now make use of mass fire instead of rank fire and platoon fire. This can concentrate their their fire a little more right before a charge, although they have less overall firepower over time.
    The standard grenadiers therefore should only have mass fire. Inconsistent with this are the aor grenadiers (hannover_grenadiers; potsdam_grenadiers) and the new grenadier units from the patch (russian_grenadiers; spanish_grenadiers; prussian_grenadiers). I am not shure about the elite_hungarian_grenadiers and the elite_guard_grenadiers, since they are both guard units.

OK thanks, will put the change in!

Civis

CTD in battles

I have had a lot of those lately - playing only with TROM I do not know if it is caused by 1.4 or TROM itself. It does seem to be related to new units though. Bottom line, half my battles ends in CTDs.

Anyone else have seen this?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Yes. But CTDs started after I had tried the ripple fire, no weather, and the realistic sounds mods. I found that if I removed them and restarted my PC they stopped. Not sure what the problem was.

I also reported problems on the feedback thread (wrong place I guess) so repeat them below:

1. Firing arcs are on all the time with any bridge battle.
    2. Cannot cross bridges - troops just freeze before the bridge and then cannot be moved again
    3. Skins for Venice volunteer regiments of horse are all black (no skin?)
    4. Artillery in emplacements often just stop firing for no reason

Sorry if these are already known.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    1. Firing arcs are on all the time with any bridge battle.
    2. Cannot cross bridges - troops just freeze before the bridge and then cannot be moved again
    3. Skins for Venice volunteer regiments of horse are all black (no skin?)
    4. Artillery in emplacements often just stop firing for no reason

Sorry if these are already known.
    1, 2 and 4: probably nothing we can do about it, it's a general ETW issue

3. Fixed, or at least they show up fine for me in the coming version.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thanks.

Johan217 - I gave you rep today - wanted to show appreciation for your work. Did the same for Sage2 of course.

In the meantime, I wondered if you have had a chance to look at the "ripple-fire" mod and the "atmospheric battle sounds" mods? I like them both and wondered if they could be integrated into TROM. That said, the Atmospheric one has a problem that causes mid-battle CTDs for me, but if that could be fixed I think these would be great additions (the latest one has the cries of injured toned down since the first version, and is now much better). Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    In the meantime, I wondered if you have had a chance to look at the "ripple-fire" mod
    Which one is this? Is it the sound pack linked to in the first post?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...94#post5496694

If so, I'm not that keen. The muskets sound a bit too much like a 'pop' and the cannons sound like naval guns firing across water (its a different sound due to acoustic reflection from water surface).

I reckon the old TROM battle sounds are pretty fabulous and still use those.

Moopere

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    I reckon the old TROM battle sounds are pretty fabulous and still use those.
    You mean they still work? I thought they didn't and so I removed them for v1.50
    So hold on to your battlesounds from the previous TROM version! I'll put them back for the next update.

As for the new sound mods: we're not including them for the moment. They are 100% compatible, so if you prefer them, just disable trom_battlesounds in ModManager and use the new sound mods instead. Sound and graphic things are usually a matter of taste, and it's hard to please everybody. That is why we chose the way of "if it's 100% compatible, let the user decide").

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    You mean they still work? I thought they didn't and so I removed them for v1.50
    I'm pretty sure. Its been so long since I played vanilla perhaps I'm getting confused? I'm certainly loading up the old sound effects mod pack without any issue and the sounds seem good to me.

I usually assume the TROM sound effects are working when I hear the cannon occasionally emit that echo sound after shooting a round (doesn't always happen, but it sounds mint when you catch it).

Moopere

I've got a bit of a problem, all the new units (the ones that TROM adds) have got no unit cards or names, i guess i has something to do with the loc file. Also all the skins are a bit problematic!

heres a pic:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ARCHIEIKE; July 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Did you remove our mod when playing this?
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Yep, still all wired 'sob'

Quote Originally Posted by gromda View Post
    Crushing defeat?
    Playing as venice on VH/VH I'm attempting to wrest Athens from Ottomans with an army of >1,000 including Cav and artillery out of Morea. I get intercepted by about 400 Ottomans and I totally wipe them out with a loss of just one individual but the battle is determined as a crushing defeat for me. How is this possible?
    The AI's fudging of victory outcomes has always been buggy as hell, it might be even be messed up to a greater degree with playing a minor nation.

I dunno, I hate victory outcomes now that they don't have little marks on the map for heroic victories like previous ETW.

I was really hoping that they'd have them and have enough space to allow a ton of them instead of only a few before the oldest ones disappeared.

I'm having trouble installing this mod.

I have ETW installed on a Vista 64 bit PC and recently finished the main campaign so I wanted to try a Mod.

I decided to download TROM and I followed the instructions in the TROM Core Installation.txt file.

Now I know what the problem is I just don't know how to fix it... I copy and paste the user.empire_script file from "TROM Core only" into the AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts as it instructs.

When I start up the game it just says "Empire Total War has stopped working" and just closes.

Can anyone help me please?

Try using Lt.Chambers mod manager instead of the script file and see if it fixes your problem.

Though it doesn't sounds like you haven't judging by the tone of your post, make sure you have no other files from other mods in your data folder, even inactive they can still mess up the game, retarded huh?

I will try the mod manager.

I have no other mods installed or any other games actually as it's a brand new PC... However I do have some mod files for RTW and MIITW but they're not installed or anywhere near the ETW folders.

Wouldn't help if you posted your system specs, it might help.

I installed the mod manager but that didn't do anything either... Instead of crashing the game it just loads the original ETW and that's all.

My specs using DXDIAG are:

Time of this report: 7/14/2009, 22:08:27
    Machine name: MARC-PC
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/28/09 14:44:36 Ver: 08.00.15
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 6134MB RAM
    Page File: 2245MB used, 8796MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: NVxx
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05EB&SUBSYS_070510DE&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 2924 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 879 MB
    Shared Memory: 2044 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)