Thread: A Question

Default A Question

I read through the changelog for the mod, but I didn't see anything about Battle AI changes. Is the Battle AI made any better in this mod?

Default Re: A Question

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    I read through the changelog for the mod, but I didn't see anything about Battle AI changes. Is the Battle AI made any better in this mod?
    There is no way to directly impact the Battle AI. What we can do is make small changes to some of the values that the BAI uses as a part of it decision making. I originally sugested change the flank and rear attack values to zero. This indeed does seem to help *a little* -- but the BAI is pretty fundamentally broken. There's a long discussion on this that I started in the moding forum.

As an FYI, Jack Lusted has stated that this will be resolved for the 1.3 patch, although he doesn't provide a time frame. http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/53425

TROM with whatever tweaks or Sinhuet's formations mod 1.2 makes it much more playable during campaign battles. I haven't seen any really stupid melee charges or chicken runs yet.

Are all the Campaign AI improvements included in the mod, or is there a mod or are there mods I have to download for TROM to get better Campaign AI, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Are all the Campaign AI improvements included in the mod, or is there a mod or are there mods I have to download for TROM to get better Campaign AI, etc.?
    Per the changelist, some small tweaks have been made to the CAI, but I don't feel that larger tweaks are warranted.

TROM is all about CAI major modifications plus BAI tweaks. Read info thread, but yes - it's much better. Also highly recommend additional TROM media and music packs. Adds to atmosphere quite nicely.
    Last edited by F@32; May 08, 2009 at 02:24 PM.