Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

stageNinja's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

Edit: Found a way to fix
    Last edited by stageNinja; September 05, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

My mods:
    loadScreens++
    Minor Nations unlocked for TROM
    Remove Warpath Menus

I am having the same problem as Mikeb32123. The TROM pack files are both enabled in the user script file, and I dont have any other mod pack files. Any help would be appreciated!

Am I stupid, blind or just can't find the instructions about how to install The Rights of Man. I have downloaded it but I have no cluea about which folder I should but the files.

Sorry for bothering u people. But please gimme an answer.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ranssi View Post
    Am I stupid, blind or just can't find the instructions about how to install The Rights of Man. I have downloaded it but I have no cluea about which folder I should but the files.

Sorry for bothering u people. But please gimme an answer.
    trom_core_part_1.pack, trom_core_part_2.pack and trom_text.pack go into your empire total war\data directory:
    (drive):\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

scripting.lua and startpos.esf go into
    (drive):\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Hi
    I'm almost certain that I installed everything properly, but for some reason trom_core_part_1 and trom_core_part_2 seem to be conflicting with each other. They work seperatly, but the only visable change is to trim on the tricorn hats. The smoke and blood mod and the flags work perfectly though. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. When I try and play the American campaign...I get the British...
    2. 1:3 battles crash...These can either be very large battles, or extremely small. It really gets annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    1. When I try and play the American campaign...I get the British...
    2. 1:3 battles crash...These can either be very large battles, or extremely small. It really gets annoying...
    1. I cannot reproduce this (RTI campaign starts OK for me), and TROM does not touch the RTI campaign files. The only mod I know that modifies these files is the "Late Campaign" mod. Did you happen to install this one at some point? By the way, we've never designed or tested TROM with the RTI campaign, so you will be seeing things like missing units etc.

2. A long shot: try disabling the trom_battlesounds or battlesmoke mod if you are using it; most in-battle crashes I had were usually related to sounds or special effects

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Ok, call me crazy but I can't get this installed properly.

I did a clean install of ETW followed by;

Part 1 of TROM
    Part 2 of TROM
    Unit variety for TROM
    TROM music pack
    TROM media pack

Hooked them all up with the mod manager, but I get a CTD when launching the game.

Try removing the music and media packs. They haven't been tested with the latest ETW patch.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I tried to get this mod to run yesterday with no success. I am a bit of a tech neophyte but I did print out the installation instructions and thought that I followed them correctly. I tried twice but it was a no go. I assume that Part 2 should be installed first and then Part 1 afterward to overwrite Part 2 since Part 1 is the hotfix to make the Mod work with Patch 1.5? In the install instructions you said to extract the startpos.esf and scripting.lua into the main file. Is this simply a copy and paste deal or is there another way that is required? Do I need to actually compress the files into winrar first and then extract with winrar into the main file? I am only trying to use Core files. I definitely want to use this Mod since I prefer more historically probable gameplay. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    Try removing the music and media packs. They haven't been tested with the latest ETW patch.
    Alas, to no avail. Removed them and changed the empire script, but it still crashes at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I tried to get this mod to run yesterday with no success. I am a bit of a tech neophyte but I did print out the installation instructions and thought that I followed them correctly. I tried twice but it was a no go. I assume that Part 2 should be installed first and then Part 1 afterward to overwrite Part 2 since Part 1 is the hotfix to make the Mod work with Patch 1.5?
    I don't think that this matters, part 1 and 2 don't overwrite each other I think.
    Last edited by eggthief; October 09, 2009 at 12:10 PM.

I thought something was overwritten last night when I tried to get the mod working. I tried extracting both parts first but I think my main problem was extracting the startpos and scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I thought something was overwritten last night when I tried to get the mod working. I tried extracting both parts first but I think my main problem was extracting the startpos and scripting.
    Well ok, you overwrite those but they are vanilla files, part 1 and 2 don't conflict with each other.

Finally got it to run using the Mod Manager! Can't wait to start a new Russian game tonight.

Ehr, mine is working fine as well now, apparently I had v1.61 which obviously clashed with 1.5

Hi and thank you for this mod.
    I would like to use this with Naimad's naval submod, but I think that one has a loc file. Can somebody help, how to make them compatible?
    Thx

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

I'm currently having a bit of a problem which has suddenly appeared - none of the unit names appear (they appear unnamed and blank, including all Ornamentum and unit variety mod ones), except those units which are in the vanilla game, which have reverted to their default names instead of the modded ones. I think the vanilla defaults must be overriding everything, but I can't work out why this problem has suddenly reappeared and retrospectively applied itself to all of my saved games, too!

Any idea on a solution? I've tried rearranging the mod load orders and such... no luck.
    Most Serene.

You probably accidentally left a localisation text file from another mod in the game's data folder. I believe you were testing a naval mod, so I am guessing that may be the culprit

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

That's probably it.

How do I kill it, though?

(Edit: Can't find any localisation text files, I don't think I missed one when I cleaned it out. Anywhere else there might be interfering files?)
    Last edited by Serenissima; October 25, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Most Serene.

I downloaded the full installer just now and installed it in the Empire Total War directory, all seemed well until I actually pressed the ROM Icon and before it even got the company logos it CTD saying that Empire had encountered an unexpected problem. I don't know what to do, I have a clean version of ETW and I followed ther directions. Is there something else I should have, my ETW is v1.5 by the way.
    Last edited by 456Augustus; December 09, 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Grammatical Errors