Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

Default Re: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

New questions.. is there a unlock all factions mod that is compatible with the rights of man mod?

Thanks. Apparently, the folder is under the Sega heading here in Hong Kong. I found the data folder though. And the line of sight is set at 70.. plus i could recruit both types of regiment. So I should be set. Now all I need is an unlock all factions mod that works with the ROM mod. PLease anyone?

OMG.. the game just crashes the instant I make my first turn. Someone please help me. Is it because I don't have the latest patch from stream?? OMG OMG OMG... somebody save me..

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes, you WILL need to update ETW through Steam to v 1.2.
    And make sure you copied the startpos.esf and scripting.lua files included in TROM to the right location (i.e. Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main)

Are you playing an English language version of ETW?
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Libertus

I have not been able to use filefront for the past few months so I cant download part 1. Does anyone have any other mirrors available?..I tried the moddb site and can download from their servers fine, but it looks like there is an earlier version on that site .. perhaps you can update to the latest version of your mod on moddb? I have successfully downloaded part 2 from the (non-filefront) link you gave in this forum.

I dont know what the issue is with filefront, I was never had trouble before but now it just times out. I am in Australia and it just seems to not like me anymore. If I use a proxy I can get though to the site, but the downloads are so slow that i cant realistically use it.

Anyway, hoping for a link so I can try this mod soon. It looks and sounds very much like what I would enjoy.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sfchammer View Post
    I have not been able to use filefront for the past few months so I cant download part 1. Does anyone have any other mirrors available?..I tried the moddb site and can download from their servers fine, but it looks like there is an earlier version on that site .. perhaps you can update to the latest version of your mod on moddb? I have successfully downloaded part 2 from the (non-filefront) link you gave in this forum.

I dont know what the issue is with filefront, I was never had trouble before but now it just times out. I am in Australia and it just seems to not like me anymore. If I use a proxy I can get though to the site, but the downloads are so slow that i cant realistically use it.

Anyway, hoping for a link so I can try this mod soon. It looks and sounds very much like what I would enjoy.

cheers
    Check in a few minutes for a megaupload mirror.

Libertus

Thanks mate!

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Hey sage. I did what you said in regards to installing the mod. And good news m8. No problems as of yet. I Think its well blanched. And I'm looking foreword to playing it some more. Thanks again. And I've given you some rep to say thank you. Chairs bud Joe.

Hi I just downloaded this today and I followed all the instructions in the readme file but the game crashes before the company logos even come up, any tips?

I have just installed it on mine, absolutely positive I installed it right. I had just freshly installed ETW, and downloaded the latest patch. However, something is wrong. I can recruit both British Line of Foot and Line of Foot (Substandard) in London, but my line infantry only have 70 range, and artillery ranges aren't changed either. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb32123 View Post
    I have just installed it on mine, absolutely positive I installed it right. I had just freshly installed ETW, and downloaded the latest patch. However, something is wrong. I can recruit both British Line of Foot and Line of Foot (Substandard) in London, but my line infantry only have 70 range, and artillery ranges aren't changed either. Help?
    It sounds like you have a conflicting mod pack in your \data directory. Physically remove all other Mod's .pack files from your data directory so that you just have the TROM ones (i.e. trom_text, trom_core_part_1.pack, trom_core_part_2.pack and whichever optional TROM packs you are using). Pack files can conflict even when they're not enabled.
    Last edited by sage2; June 16, 2009 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Audun54 View Post
    Hi I just downloaded this today and I followed all the instructions in the readme file but the game crashes before the company logos even come up, any tips?
    You user.script file is referencing .pack files that are not present in the \data, most likely. Make sure you are using the right one, or just use LT Chambers mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    It sounds like you have a conflicting mod pack in your \data directory. Physically remove all other .pack files from your data directory so that you just have the TROM ones (i.e. trom_text, trom_core_part_1.pack, trom_core_part_2.pack and whichever optional TROM packs you are using). Pack files can conflict even when they're not enabled.
    All of them? There's probably 30 .packs in that directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data). TROM is the only mod I've installed, so everything else came from vanilla installation. These are all the files in this directory, as well as the campaigns, campaign_maps, and ui folders, which wouldn't fit in my screenshot.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit: Also in case it's relevant, I only installed the core pack, none of the optional music or video or whatever.
    Last edited by mikeb32123; June 15, 2009 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb32123 View Post
    All of them? There's probably 30 .packs in that directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data). TROM is the only mod I've installed, so everything else came from vanilla installation. These are all the files in this directory, as well as the campaigns, campaign_maps, and ui folders, which wouldn't fit in my screenshot.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit: Also in case it's relevant, I only installed the core pack, none of the optional music or video or whatever.
    Oh lord no! That's my bad. I only meant to remove backs from other mods!

Are you sure that both part 1 and part 2 are enabled, either through the correct user script file, or through mod manager?

Ahah! That was it, the file wasn't in the right folder. My line now has a range of 90, and my Jaegers have a bullbusting 220 range

Game now CTDs at startup when it loads past the CA/Sega logos and stuff.

Crashes with any TROM mod but the pipmod doesn't effect it. I tried doing just the cores and it crashes, just the cores and TROM variety pack and it crashes, just the media and music packs and it crashes. I dunno what to do.

Odd because it was working fine yesterday.

My load order hasn't changed, its always been:

pipmod
    trom flags
    trom media
    trom battlesounds
    trom music
    trom blood 'm smoke
    pack 1
    pack 2
    variety pack

As I said, it was working perfectly yesterday but refuses to work now.

well it works now aftera restart of the comp, very strange.

It's CTDing again.

Just as before nothing has changed and a restart of my comp didn't the trick.

It was the pipmod by the looks of things.... which is odd because the first time I ran into this the game played fine with TROM and TROM submods disabled and it playing alone with vanilla, now it CTDs even vanilla.

Hey yall, this looks like a great mod! I have done all the installation requirements, but my game crashes when it starts. I think it may have something to do with step 5 and 6 or the installation guide. those two txt's were already there. Anyway I would love some help! Thanks! Can't wait to try this out!
    HISTORIAN: THE FRONTIER