Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

Default Re: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Agent204 View Post
    Hi,

I recently installed RoM and I'm having a very specific issue. After putting both the core- and the text-pack in the /data-folder and the esf-file in the /main-folder, I still can't view the name or the text of the "national" line infantry. I use mod manager (latest version) and I've noticed that only the core-pack shows up in the list (and is thus the only one selectable), as the text-pack is placed in the movie-section of packs.

Is this incorrect? Or is there something I've missed? I've had this issue with other mods before, like AuM for DarkMod.

Cheers,
    Agent204
    Hmm... odd question -- what is the original language of your ETW copy?

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    Hmm... odd question -- what is the original language of your ETW copy?
    If I remember correctly, it's UK english.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent204 View Post
    If I remember correctly, it's UK english.
    Okay, that shouldn't cause a problem. Try this -- move patch_en.pack to a safe location outside of the steam directory, then, in steam, right click on the game, properties, and select 'verify cache and files.' I'm just guessing here.

The trom_text.pack can't be a regular mod-style pack because it won't overwrite strings.

Okay, that shouldn't cause a problem. Try this -- move patch_en.pack to a safe location outside of the steam directory, then, in steam, right click on the game, properties, and select 'verify cache and files.' I'm just guessing here.

The trom_text.pack can't be a regular mod-style pack because it won't overwrite strings.
    I tried that the first time I had that issue. I'm gonna see if I can't fix it some other way, by either skipping mod manager and just fixing the config or whatever.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Started a campaign as the Dutch.

Recruited two lines of Dutch Line Infantry to bolster the one in Amsterdam for the eventual invasion of the Spanish Netherlands.

I get to the battle, and while the original Dutch Line Infantry unit, and all others appears normal, the two new Dutch Line Infantry regiments I recruited look like they have translucent blue trashbags wrapped over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    Started a campaign as the Dutch.

Recruited two lines of Dutch Line Infantry to bolster the one in Amsterdam for the eventual invasion of the Spanish Netherlands.

I get to the battle, and while the original Dutch Line Infantry unit, and all others appears normal, the two new Dutch Line Infantry regiments I recruited look like they have translucent blue trashbags wrapped over them.
    Yup, been reported, and will be fixed. Thank you!

for some reason not only when i click on a fleet i get to pause.
    when i click on some land unit i get a pause as well!!

haha never had it with other mod or vanilla...

any idea?

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Yup, been reported, and will be fixed. Thank you!
    Any way for me to fix this on my own? My OCD will not allow me to play like this

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    Any way for me to fix this on my own? My OCD will not allow me to play like this
    Yes, if you use PackFileManager.

- Open trom_core.pack with PackFileManager
    - Go to db\warscape animated tables\aor_warscape_animated
    - Look for the line
    holland_euroline UnitModels/Textures/euro_line_infantry_netherlands animation
    - change it to
    holland_euroline UnitModels/Textures/euro_line_infantry_aor3 animation
    - Save

This will give them the generic blue uniform (which still looks better than the default skins IMO)

Will be fixed in next version.
    Last edited by Johan217; May 12, 2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    Yes, if you use ModManager.

- Open trom_core.pack with ModManager
    - Go to db\warscape animated tables\aor_warscape_animated
    - Look for the line
    holland_euroline UnitModels/Textures/euro_line_infantry_netherlands animation
    - change it to
    holland_euroline UnitModels/Textures/euro_line_infantry_aor3 animation
    - Save

This will give them the generic blue uniform (which still looks better than the default skins IMO)
    Much thanks!

Good afternoon everybody.

I have downloaded your mod, and I have to say it is great. I've only got one problem: My game was initially in French, but I switched the lagnuage to English so as to get the 'Named' Line Infantry ( indeed all of my line infantries were called the same, without a 'Prussian' or 'French' before )
    Could you give me some help to get tose 'Named' Line Infantries please ?

Up ! Please help...

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Ararven View Post
    Up ! Please help...
    It seems you cannot have any other mods running - that causes this problem. TROM seems to be a stand-alone only proposition. As for me, I don't like the British skins (and that's what I play) and because I cannot change them (I've asked Sage2 if I can but gotten not reply yet), I'll be moving to another mod for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    It seems you cannot have any other mods running - that causes this problem. TROM seems to be a stand-alone only proposition. As for me, I don't like the British skins (and that's what I play) and because I cannot change them (I've asked Sage2 if I can but gotten not reply yet), I'll be moving to another mod for now.
    You can have other mods running -- you just can't have mods that conflict with TROM. Text strings are particularly touchy.

In order to change the skins, just load a mod that changes the skins after TROM. You need to make sure that the mod is a) a mod-type package (i.e. it shows up in Mod Manager's list of mods) and b) doesn't change any strings or db files (if it's just textures it will not change those things).

Sage

I can't seem to get the German state infantry names to show up, all I see is (Line Infantry).

I had this before with IS and custom names that I never was able to solve, anything I can do with TROM?

My load orders the same on the MM as in the text file you give. Only difference being where I put flag and battlesounds which shouldn't change anything, I think I had this problem in previous versions (where the names of the Scottish regiments were ok but others weren't).

Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    I can't seem to get the German state infantry names to show up, all I see is (Line Infantry).

I had this before with IS and custom names that I never was able to solve, anything I can do with TROM?

My load orders the same on the MM as in the text file you give. Only difference being where I put flag and battlesounds which shouldn't change anything, I think I had this problem in previous versions (where the names of the Scottish regiments were ok but others weren't).
    Double check that you have NO other .pack files in the \data folder, than the various trom_[foo] pack files. What you are descrbing is almost certainly due to using a mod that modifies text strings. Because of the way the ETW mod architecture works, mods that modify strings are not type = mod (so they don't show up in Mod Manager, and load automatically). This means they conflict with other mods (such as trom_text.pack, just by being in the \data folder.

This has nothing to do with load order, since, as noted these type of .pack files don't show up in mod manager -- they need only be present in the \data folder to cause a conflict.

Sage

Double check that you have NO other .pack files in the \data folder, than the various trom_[foo] pack files.
    Bloody hell, I didn't delete all the IS related submods.

I think I went overboard on the side of caution, checking my files via Steam to see if I did some friendly fire.

The only mod I'm keeping ( and use besides TROM) and can't see conflicting in any way is the family tree mod. If it does, then it's not really required anyway.

This has nothing to do with load order, since, as noted these type of .pack files don't show up in mod manager -- they need only be present in the \data folder to cause a conflict.
    Sorry if I'm repeating something I should already know.

Not only am I the type that just reads of the manual only for the plot read up, but I came into ETW fresh from using ALOT of mods with Fallout 3 which is a game (with a top notch mod manager BTW) where if there's a conflict, the game won't let get past the load screen (and even then is as fragile as an ancient scroll being unrolled).

Well, it looks like it did go overboard a delete so required files.

Man, what a game: having dorment, unused mods sitting in your bloody data folder can cause conflicts with active ones. Absolute. BS.

If FO3 was that way I'd have been playing the damn thing vanilla as nothing would be working.
    Last edited by Beastro; May 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    Bloody hell, I didn't delete all the IS related submods.

I think I went overboard on the side of caution, checking my files via Steam to see if I did some friendly fire.

The only mod I'm keeping ( and use besides TROM) and can't see conflicting in any way is the family tree mod. If it does, then it's not really required anyway.

Sorry if I'm repeating something I should already know.

Not only am I the type that just reads of the manual only for the plot read up, but I came into ETW fresh from using ALOT of mods with Fallout 3 which is a game (with a top notch mod manager BTW) where if there's a conflict, the game won't let get past the load screen (and even then is as fragile as an ancient scroll being unrolled).

Well, it looks like it did go overboard a delete so required files.

Man, what a game: having dorment, unused mods sitting in your bloody data folder can cause conflicts with active ones. Absolute. BS.

If FO3 was that way I'd have been playing the damn thing vanilla as nothing would be working.
    It's no problem. They just made something really, really clunky, and we're forced to live with it!

Twitchy's Avatar Miles

I had trouble installing the mod and when I tried to delete ETW I couldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I had trouble installing the mod and when I tried to delete ETW I couldnt.
    Err... I'm not sure what I can do here. This sounds like a problem you might refer to Steam technical support, the CA tech support board on twcenter.net tech support.