Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: v1.70 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (Updated 19 July 2012)

delpiero1234's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: v1.33.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 26 June Update)

Game freezes by turning from Summer 1719 to Winter of 1719 (that should be turn 39 to 40) by playing with the Maratha fraction. I've finished the Grande Campaign with the French and Great Britian thus and it did not freeze.
    The freeze occurs when it's the turn of the Iroquis Confederacy. I tried it a couple of times and it always freezes at that point.

The mod is amazing! Thanks for this great mod and hopefully you can fix that crash. I love playing as the Maratha Confederacy, so it would be pretty awesome if the game wouldn't crash :-)

Continue your good work!

Default Re: v1.33.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 26 June Update)

This is a little bit confusin (from the installing instructions):

4) Go to:
    [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Make a safe back up of startpos.esf and scripting.lua to a secure location. You will need this file again if you wish to uninstall this mod.

5) Extract the startpos.esf to: [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

6) Extract scripting.lua to [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Why should i extract the both files in ...\main when they are already in there ? And why there is a second folder named main2 with the same files (startpos.esf and scripting.lua) in it?

And i still get not: Regular line infantry ammo 12 -> 15; regular light infantry 15 -> 18; its still 12 or 15.
    Last edited by julianus apostata; June 26, 2009 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    Yup, the DLC, free and pay, are not yet available (unless they were already in TROM ). They will be added in, where appropriate and historical. In some cases, we might just use / repurpose their skins and models.

I don't care so much about the "odd" units here or there...I want those bearskin hats on the grenadiers baby!! good 'ol British granadier with a bearskin cap.....now thats a beatiful battlefield. Heck, thats why I bought the pack.
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Sage,
    I am definitely using your latest pack and I am almost positive the correct text pack is installed. Yours is the only mod I use so it shouldn't be conflicting with another mod. I will check later this afternoon to make sure the text pack is in fact there.

Please do try to incorporate the new units into your mod somehow, or at least let us know how we could enable them ourselves. I didn't pay money for them so I couldn't use them.

Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Am I right in thinking that part 2 hasn't changed. I already have v1.30 in my download folder.
    Ok! I think I've answered my own question.

I installed the new MoD version this morning and as far as Part 2 is concerned all the pack files were identical to the one I was using already.

However, I would still like to be sure this is as intended, if not, then the download link is pointing to the wrong file.

Incidently, I rather stupidly ignored your advice and installed v1.33 this morning despite being halfway through a French Campaign. However, I've just loaded my last saved game and so 'touch wood' it seems to be running ok, so hopefully I got away with it.
    Last edited by Didz; June 26, 2009 at 07:57 AM.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy82nd View Post
    Sage,
    I am definitely using your latest pack and I am almost positive the correct text pack is installed. Yours is the only mod I use so it shouldn't be conflicting with another mod. I will check later this afternoon to make sure the text pack is in fact there.

Please do try to incorporate the new units into your mod somehow, or at least let us know how we could enable them ourselves. I didn't pay money for them so I couldn't use them.

Murphy
    Hang in there, I've almost fixed it
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by julianus apostata View Post

Why should i extract the both files in ...\main when they are already in there ? And why there is a second folder named main2 with the same files (startpos.esf and scripting.lua) in it?

And i still get not: Regular line infantry ammo 12 -> 15; regular light infantry 15 -> 18; its still 12 or 15.
    First question: because these files have changed.

Second question: the mod is not loading.

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero1234 View Post
    Game freezes by turning from Summer 1719 to Winter of 1719 (that should be turn 39 to 40) by playing with the Maratha fraction. I've finished the Grande Campaign with the French and Great Britian thus and it did not freeze.
    The freeze occurs when it's the turn of the Iroquis Confederacy. I tried it a couple of times and it always freezes at that point.

The mod is amazing! Thanks for this great mod and hopefully you can fix that crash. I love playing as the Maratha Confederacy, so it would be pretty awesome if the game wouldn't crash :-)

Continue your good work!
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying the mod so much!

I have had two unreproducable crashes now, one in the campaign and one in the battle maps. I have never had a crash previously, so it's something about 1.3.

I'm not at a location where I can re-install ETW, so I don't know if that would fix it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Ok! I think I've answered my own question.

I installed the new MoD version this morning and as far as Part 2 is concerned all the pack files were identical to the one I was using already.

However, I would still like to be sure this is as intended, if not, then the download link is pointing to the wrong file.

Incidently, I rather stupidly ignored your advice and installed v1.33 this morning despite being halfway through a French Campaign. However, I've just loaded my last saved game and so 'touch wood' it seems to be running ok, so hopefully I got away with it.
    If you've never used a version of the mod previously, you will not have about 1/2 of the AOR units available, since the AOR data is loaded at the beginning of a campaign. If you are continuing from a post 1.10 version of this mod, you will have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    I don't care so much about the "odd" units here or there...I want those bearskin hats on the grenadiers baby!! good 'ol British granadier with a bearskin cap.....now thats a beatiful battlefield. Heck, thats why I bought the pack.
    We already gave British grenadiers bearskins some time ago (and Spain, Portugal, Italians and Bavaria) They still use the default model. Is the "Spanish grenadier" model more appropriate, you think?

Hmmm. well in a custom battle, when I recruit British Grenadiers, they have the old style hats. There is one of the new models with bearskin in the default loadout but I can't recruit anymore.

BTW, Sage...don't be to concerned with hrandom crashes. Many are experiencing this post 1.3 as there is an issue with the sound coding as it relates to certain motherboards and some such dribble drabble. I had it repeatedly occur mid battle but after switching to "2 speaker stereo" from "windows default sound" in teh sound options, I haven't seen it. (knocks on wood since I have only played 2 battle since) CA is working on a fix...again....uuuugghhhhh

Edit: I should say that TROM is installed as I can recruit both typrs of infantry in London and range is 90 for the infantry...plus I had a great naval battle....perfectly impossible with vanilla!

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the mod so much!

I have had two unreproducable crashes now, one in the campaign and one in the battle maps. I have never had a crash previously, so it's something about 1.3.

I'm not at a location where I can re-install ETW, so I don't know if that would fix it or not.

Ok, let me know when you find a way to fix it

About British grenadiers: I mixed it up, we actually replaced the bearskins with mitre caps - which is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero1234 View Post
    Ok, let me know when you find a way to fix it
    I'm not sure it's anything I can fix -- I think it's a CA problem.

Hh..
    I see what you mean
    I thought it's a problem that only occurs with the mod.
    Well I hope that the Creative Assembly will fix it

I would use Mod Manager to activate the pack files you are going to use.
    thanks, that did the trick.

but NOW after installing trom1.4 i CTD after i end my first turn on my new GB grand campaign

Edit: I started a new campaign as maratha, saved my game and it ctd'd again!
    Last edited by Siegecow; June 26, 2009 at 07:55 PM.

Default Re: v1.40 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 27 June Update)

pure genius re-downloading

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    About British grenadiers: I mixed it up, we actually replaced the bearskins with mitre caps - which is more accurate.
    excellent. Bearskins look silly for this period

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Quote Originally Posted by Siegecow View Post
    thanks, that did the trick.

but NOW after installing trom1.4 i CTD after i end my first turn on my new GB grand campaign

Edit: I started a new campaign as maratha, saved my game and it ctd'd again!
    Had the same problem...CTD after turn or with a quick save (repeatedly). I replaced the 1.4x startpos and scripting lua files with the old 1.3x version and it now works. Maybe a problem with the new startpos 1.4 file?

Default Re: v1.40 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 27 June Update)

I too am having a CTD when i hit end turn on the first turn.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]