Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.70 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (Updated 19 July 2012)

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: v1.31 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST

Quote Originally Posted by litote View Post
    i see there is a "the rights of man" mod for imperial splendor, without startpos file.

would you still need to start a new campaign?
    You mean when you play IS + the "TROM for IS" mod? That's someone else's work. You'd have to ask on the IS forum

I would just like to point out that with that mod, you will be missing out some of the latest improvements we included in TROM, and I believe it also does not include any of the new regional units from TROM. (I don't mean to take away from that particular mod, I'm just doing my marketing job for our own shop )
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    You mean when you play IS + the "TROM for IS" mod? That's someone else's work. You'd have to ask on the IS forum

I would just like to point out that with that mod, you will be missing out some of the latest improvements we included in TROM, and I believe it also does not include any of the new regional units from TROM. (I don't mean to take away from that particular mod, I'm just doing my marketing job for our own shop )
    i am a little bit lost in all the different features all the mods have to offer i must say and i am not really sure which one pick... but i was interested in the CAI changes IS provides, for greater challenge. hope they quickly update the TROM for IS mod

regards
    Last edited by litote; June 08, 2009 at 08:48 AM.

i am a little bit lost in all the different features all the mods have to offer i must say and i am not really sure which one pick... but i was interested in the CAI changes IS provides, for greater challenge. hope they quickly update the TROM for IS mod

regards
    I played and tested IS quite a bit, but I don't think it is quite what would work for TROM. The CAI is more aggressive, and sometimes that can actually make it easier. Quixote has done a lot of really awesome work, and I don't mean to be critical at all -- the CAI work just isn't quite what we're looking for.

That said, there have been some tweaks to CAI behavior in TROM, but they're smaller. Give it a try -- play Russian on VH / VH, and let us know what you think.

1.31.2: a small update. The only change is that I updated the version of trom_text.pack to the correct one. My bad leaving this out of 1.31.

would this mod be redundant to yours: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.1 ?

by the way : the "
    The Rights of Man Optional Music Pack" is a great thing, i am quit fond of these music myself, and hearing bits of bach while playing is a treat!

if there is any list of mods that are or not compatible to yours somewhere, let me now.

regards

Who can recruit the Marines?

tomsin's Avatar Miles

Yes, they completely lost AOR units in the process of adapting TROM to IS. And AOR units is so much fun! I doubt I will ever play without them

"When desperately wounded, the Russian soldier would drag himself eastward simply to die a few yards nearer his homeland." (- Haythornthwaite - "Russian Army" Part I)

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

would this mod be redundant to yours: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.1 ?

by the way : the "
    The Rights of Man Optional Music Pack" is a great thing, i am quit fond of these music myself, and hearing bits of bach while playing is a treat!

if there is any list of mods that are or not compatible to yours somewhere, let me now.

regards
    The AUM mod is not compatible: you'll miss some of the new unit descriptions and the unit stats will be out of tune with those of TROM.

I'll see what I can do about a compatibility list. But there are so many mods out there... Maybe it's easier if users just post what mods they use with TROM without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy82nd View Post
    Who can recruit the Marines?
    Britain, Spain, Portugal, France, United Provinces.
    Note that they are only available in the West Indies, from Military Governor's Barracks. This is to simulate their use as island garrison forces.

I'll update the info in the AOR thread as soon as I can.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Default Re: v1.32 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (updated 10 June 2009)

Updated with a fix / mitigation for the CA bug that causes 1st rate ships to have too short a range. Reported by Sukhoi, Tomsin and others.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: v1.32.1 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (updated 10 June 2009)

How do I install the mod?. Its NUBE question I know but I've never installed mods for empire yet.

Is this a new version?

I downloaded what I thought was the latest version a couple of days ago. It appears as TROM_2009_05_23_trom_corev1.23.1_Part_1 and TROM_2009_05_23_trom_corev1.23.1_Part_2 in my download directory.

Assuming this version is now out of date, is it ok just to download this new one and substitute the new pack files for the old ones or will I need to go back to vanilla and start from scratch. Also, would I need to abandon all my current camaigns running under the old version?

The user.empire_script file in the latest version has the latest date of 5/21. Did you go back to an older version, as the 1.31 version had a more recent file?

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Is this a bug or done purposely. The Russian Carbineers in my game have no ranged attack even though in the description in the unit list and detailed unit card state they should be using carbines. Just checking to see if I did something wrong or read it incorrectly the other day.

PS. Can't wait to try to new patch. Keep up the great work all!

tomsin's Avatar Miles

Is this a bug or done purposely. The Russian Carbineers in my game have no ranged attack even though in the description in the unit list and detailed unit card state they should be using carbines. Just checking to see if I did something wrong or read it incorrectly the other day.
    All Carabineers don't use carbines in battles because they were used as heavy cavalry (like cuirassiers without breastplates)

"When desperately wounded, the Russian soldier would drag himself eastward simply to die a few yards nearer his homeland." (- Haythornthwaite - "Russian Army" Part I)

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy82nd View Post
    The user.empire_script file in the latest version has the latest date of 5/21. Did you go back to an older version, as the 1.31 version had a more recent file?
    Hmm! the user.empire_script file in my version was last modified on the 21/5/2009, and yet the change history only shows changes up to V1.29.1. So, I'm confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Hmm! the user.empire_script file in my version was last modified on the 21/5/2009, and yet the change history only shows changes up to V1.29.1. So, I'm confused now.
    I'm not sure what version you're using. If you can, just re-download the most recent versions. You won't need to restart your game.

Oh! good so I can just download the version linked in the OP and replace what I have and it should be quite happy.

Are there alternate links for the optional media pack and the optional music pack? The links for both in the first post are just taking me to Filefront's main page, not to a download.

Followed the instructions verbatim but only have the named units, i.e. prussian regiment of foot. The flags are still default and so is the music and text. Modmanger shows a lot of conflicts. Running windows xp and steam. Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post

Indeed Johan is right, TROM with FX for Imperial Splendor that i made is just a mod for those IS junkies like me that need some of the great TROM effects.

Basically i adapted anything that wasn't in conflict with IS, but as Johan said this version dosn't have AOR recruitment and some other Rights of Man features as they would have conflicted with I.S. It has however been updated with all the relevant TROM changes.

I would definatlely advise trying the complete (full) Rights Of Man as a complete package, at least once, it has a very good atmosphere imho.

You can try my Mod TROMwFX 4IS if playing IS or Darth as a Rights of Man flavour pack
    Last edited by Dogmeat; June 17, 2009 at 05:21 AM.