Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod players aged 30+ Club

Icon6 DarthMod players aged 30+ Club

I am a hard core gamer. I remember myself playing with Spectrum, Commodore, Amstrad, Amiga and later to start experiencing the Windows PC.

I have a certain preference for games that contain realism. I despise of games which deny or forget to include this parameter. Even if it is a fantasy game, I want to see a basic logic in movements and reactions.
    This affects all games. Not only strategy. If it is a football game, it must be complex and realistic, not Japanese manga like. If it is an action FPS shooter, I want to know how it is like to be behind a real soldier, to feel the danger and not be in God mode. When I play a strategy game, I want it all.

Any aspect of physical, mental, logistic, AI, handicaps are for the weak minded and the amateurs. I do not play World of Warcraft because I hate of the stupidity which it has spreaded around the world. To have a small girl character with experience of 30+ to block with her tiny hands the hit of a Giant Monster... it is foolish. Playing like an octapus with combo super hits... flashes, stars, flames. Ridiculous. All games feel like this now.

I play Total War games because they are far different from this small minded approach. Unfortunately, trying to adapt to this PC game fashion, CA has not brought the historical accuracy we, the hard core gamers, desire to see, because they must sell to the new silly breed of gamers. I do not blame them. But maybe there is a chance to learn the new gamers to seek more serious things.

ETW sales up to now, shows the evidence that games like this, are having a great demand. See also Mount & Blade how popular it has become, without the rich Marketing of SEGA. Finally, I would like to learn, from all of you:
    Who is finally near my age and my above explained perception of gaming? We could become a good team.

Hardened DarthMod gamers 30+:

Takeda Shingen (Amiga fan and frequent feedbacker)
    Tambarskjelve (The same breed of gamer with me)
    JuanKilo (Shogun TW lover and serious tactician)
    ZaPPPa (No more to say ... RTR)
    Horgo Splendis (Prefers realism mods and games)
    ST0MPA (Maturity in speaking and gaming)
    Lucius Tiberius Vorenus (From Atari to ETW DarthMod)
    Damned Dutch (Follows the game evolution but insists on Realism)
    Slaists (Age does matter)
    TTorpedo (Passioned with strategy and tactical games)
    Scooter (WoW is an insignificant rebellion against strategy)
    Naimad (A Sith Apprentice who became a Master following the DarthMod series)
    Ryo (A constant thought of testing for DarthMod Empire)
    Bob the Insane (A Guru gamer)
    Potato Fritz (Λακωνίζειν εστί φιλοσοφείν)
    killer23 (An experienced gamer)
    Mikhail Tomasovic (Certain and able Strategy Gamer)
    Gaultesian (A Librarian of history of games and... Operation Flashpoint fan, I still remember it)
    Kaap (Someone who knows Sid Meiers Gettysburg, knows about strategy games more)
    bobbygst (Life and games is one)
    L7R (He wants it all, not a usual Strategy gamer)
    jegui (A TW Guru with large experience background)
    Hunterbear (Wife and Games are a contradicting experience)
    merlin22 (1 Post to rule them all, Realism must prevail)
    zowrath (A Sith apprentice, hiding in the shadows to play and test, then to strike with his timely feedback)
    Ziem (Won by women, not by games)
    Amalric (One time ago, in a game far far away...)
    James Cook (Underestimates the power of DarthMod)
    LaMuerte (A simulation is stimulating)
    ashbery76 (Hardcore, nothing more)
    Turbo (Old times are never forgotten)
    DiabolikTW (Addicted to TW)
    diadok (Those stupid arcade games... burn them all. Look the screenshots of DarthMod Empire to understand)
    Devor (Shogun TW marked his gaming life)
    Leif der Wikinger (Realising the difference of a TW game)
    Oldgamer (The name says it all)
    Pdguru (Playing Demon Guru)
    RPeyote (Remembers the golden years of gaming)
    Swiss Halberdier (Point and click strategy games, what a nuisance.. the return of DarthMod)
    sgt_melin (Having time for family, Gaming and Video uploading!)
    Firestorm (We have the same birth Month/Day date... maybe this is why we played the same games X wing,Tie Figher etc.)
    The Kurgan (Played with small soldier figurines like me... what a coincidence to play now TW games)
    G.Seimore (General Seimore is a fan of Mount&Blade and Hearts of Iron, no more to say)
    Horgo Splendis (Gaming is not a Shy)
    Xirix (Found his soulmate in life and gaming)
    Preussen Gloria (Intrigued by DarthMod series)
    JCR (A plain hard core gamer of Strategy)
    Huberto (Simple is weak, complex is the real thing)
    applelover (will be 30 soon + likes sensible soccer = The best!)
    Dorian (Old friend, History lover and unstoppable gamer)
    Giorgicus (Ready to have a baby and tutor him/her how to play correct strategy games)
    fishcop444 (Playing realistic strategy games is an addiction, Atari is priceless)
    JaM (A long time lurker of DarthMod series can only mean one thing... he seeks for challenge and realism)
    Syntax (He will never grow and he will never stop to seek realistic games)
    Szun (He has experienced the evolution of PC and dreams of a new era in game market)
    dolph (Total War games are still not as good as they can be)
    Tacticalwithdrawal (A long time player of TW games as I can remember)
    LaFayette (Commodore 64... what a game era)
    Dgirth12 (Sometimes the realistic game is not enough if the player is not up to it)
    Rashka (I remember all the games you mentioned but especially Sid Meier's Pirates!)
    Translatio._.Imperii (His parents are conservatives with PCs but he will be different)
    kirroyale (The return of the tabletop games)
    Bylandt (PC illiterate but literate in Realistic PC games and thorough historical research)
    Matte979 (All too easy...)
    Bohemians (Is forgiving to some arcade games but cannot compare them to the TW series and any other realistic style of games)
    Samir (He feels that games now are for the masses, but he belongs not to an unthinking mass -The Blob)
    Alkiviades redux (Another "old" man who finds time to play Realistic strategy games... and mods like DarthMod)
    Henry707 (The Darth Crusade is having one more able fighter Henry DCCVII)
    dulsin (Remembering a fine and rare collection of games, he is proving to be a realism type of gamer)
    The Great Dane (A full timeline of PC gaming... and I hope you have a Great Dane, I had 2 beloved dogs of this race)
    BayonetFodder (I felt a disturbance in the force whenever you posted... this is the reason why, you are a realism seeker)
    Kake (In the border line of 30+ age, he is proving to be worth of it)
    Dignan (History first then gaming)
    massimorocca (A golden age of gaming deserves a golden membership)
    Cay93 It was pointless to resist, the force is strong in him)
    Giorgos (Γεια σου ρε Γιώργο!)
    oakhammer (He must find a way to outflank his wife to regain control of his game life)
    Remise (A hardened Game Commander, proven in the virtual battlegrounds and in real life)
    Juggernawt (Boooorn in the '76... and with a good game list)
    Anibal at portas (An Amiga fan will always be in the 30+ clan)
    La De Da Brigadier Graham (You can teach an old dog darth tricks)
    LT Mor (I hope you carried a lightsaber than a GLOCK 17)
    dixbish (It was pointless to withstand registering in the forums... you are now mine!)
    Devildogxs (Rome Total Realism and DarthMod are not for the weak minded, as many new games try to be to fool as out)
    Obi Wan Asterix (You are Obiwan and Yoda AND Asterix... too many lives and incarnations have passed to remember your true age)
    fearnando (Yes... you finally typed your true feelings)
    Davius (Remembering Pong, fine and clever for every game period)
    DaVinci (+ 10 years of my age and still surprised by the power of the Dark Side)
    Der Angelsachse (Trust your feelings, it is true what you are saying, Graphics are right now suppressing logic and AI)
    Torn Sage (Finally, I found a TIE fighter pilot)
    Count of Undolpho (When you play the role of a game character, you want to feel the reality behind this role and not to overwhelm it)
    TheJian (Shogun Total War is older but "sexier")
    Valerius Maximus (Centurion was one of the most inspiring strategy games of old times with an addictive field battle simulation system)
    littleleo (If you cannot conquer... inspire)
    Ludo (The Super Strings theory can find here a theorem approach: DarthMod tunes synchronize with realism players)
    Rozanov (Hope you have played DarthMod after all)
    Menelaus (King of Sparta) (It was about time to have the support of the Spartans)
    uk_john (This is the manifest of PC gaming Realism, you should all read it)
    Phil Stanbridge (Enlisted as a definite follower of realism)
    trk (Through his wisdom of age and gaming experience he will find hopefully a resting oasis in DarthMod)
    ergie (The free time for gaming may become less as age is increasing but so must be the demand for something really challenging)
    Byzantium (It is never too late to join the ranks as good fighters against "unRealism" are always needed)
    Indi75 (Now, your hatred for unrealistic games has become your strength -At last, the dark side is your ally)
    kentcol (Almost at the age of my father and plays PC strategy games -That is the true spirit.)
    mta35 (With a full war game arsenal at his disposal, he knows how to distinguish game realism for sure)
    Beeeno (Spectrum Analysis frequencies show that indeed you are what this growing army needs of)
    danova (Great modding... waiting for an adapted skinpack for DarthMod by your hands)
    ToonTotalWar (Skin you must for DarthMod as well)
    MoToM (Only now do you understand the power of DarthMod)
    Barrold (Being immature is a good thing when it is your true personality)
    igotballsofsteel (What a name but what was the comment anyway?)
    CaptainAnthony (Europa Universalis Campaign system with Totat War Battle system is also for me a desire)
    Zaar (Indeed TWCenter is a quality forum, which consumes my internet time far more constructively than for example facebook could)
    darkfng (It was inevitable, always trust the dark side for realism)
    adambomb (The "elders" should be wise and seekers of realism, so it was about time)
    eldardm (We are of the same "amiga" generation and we share common thought about games & realism)
    Parzival2211 (You have found the holy grail, which is your kid, who hopefully will learn to play realistic games.)
    ztrain909 (Playing and listening to the shouting of your woman at the same time is normal and realistic, you are in )
    Redbeard (Happy birthday new realism DarthMod player )
    spartiatis (Being a realism and history lover may also like this contribution of mine)
    Laz3456 (Memory of games full of memories)
    born2dive67 (The current foolish fantasy games are destroying a lot of the fantasy concept which was conceived long ago)
    hip63 (You will become the installation wizard of DarthMod... old guy)
    ignasigh (Disappointed you may be but in DarthMod you feel like appointed as a Supreme Commander, which is rewarding)
    Umbrae (Have you ever witnessed a Darth farting?)
    Okuto (Too young you feel but when you mention the... Atari, too old you seem)
    Baldos (Wing Commander... what a game, yes, and yes they are harsh to CA)
    Green Jacket (Seek and play, search and destroy, realistically you enjoy)
    Ahlerich (My good old friend, I did not know you had so much gaming experience! You should play DarthMod Empire for ETW, and you will witness a lot of realism and enhancements)
    Bazzer (I am beginning to feel that all (100%) old Atari users are DarthMod players right now, honestly, and this is good)
    DevilsBreath (You play TW with 50'' plasma TV... I bet if there were 100'' Ion TVs you would also buy one, you could become a Star Destroyer commander)
    Sinan (Welcome new/old Atari user, you remind me so much that I have to find my old Atari to start playing)
    Striela (Your little story could be a quote for a Steam advertisement, there you go, this is why now TW games use the Steam client)
    lancer63 (Old days we thought too much, nowadays we see too much)
    Tokus*Maximus (Has bought ETW by the kilo but, anyways, the mods will increase his appetite to consume it)
    Aragorn1963 (The age of miniature soldiers, metallic tanks and matchbox cars is a nostalgic one, because now we have it all in the screen but seldom do we fantasize or feel)
    Cromagnon2 (Napoleonic soldiers at small age and now full scale battles at the PC, a proof of a never grown up man, which is reviving)
    Magestryn (Another veteran joined the list, and informed me about games I never knew... a surprise)
    aus-rotten (An impressive CV has just enriched the DarthMod 30+ group)
    Mayhem (Very experienced 30+ gamer who welcomes the games mentioned in this thread)
    cilldroichid (When something feels wrong... is wrong, your 1st post in this forum will remind that)
    Haakon (Year 2009 is the year you entered the DarthMod 30+ team)
    petertheold (How things are changing, wise people at your age used to play chess, now they play TW)
    Sargsaft (You're in)
    wolfshart79 (CA must understand that they have created a legacy, which gamers of our age support for so many years now, and we are too many)
    Jihada (Yoda of the 30+ team can you be)
    Arvaniti (True that this TW engine can give to use better sequels of older TW titles)
    Myshkin (There is nothing god-like here as you may presume, than only a game into a game)
    Steeltrap (Older games depended on gameplay than graphics, now they depend mostly on graphics, lets hope someday they depend on both)
    johnboy (Old boy, Realism or Death it is then)
    OSDEA7 (From Wing commander to DarthMod Empire Commander)
    Yorkie (Your childhood was destroyed by game realism seek, but for a reason, since now you are one of us)
    TonyUK (You became member while downloading DarthMod, and now you should be fully converted... or not)
    Ankhenaton (Good days when we had more time to play, and now bad days that we have less time and less good realism games to enjoy)
    joewagner501 (Cannot remember the game "Empire" as you say, but what a coincidence that is now again a part of game that you joyfully play)
    Humble Warrior (I am fully aware of your compliance to the Dark Side, and I can feel your anger as well, which is the proof of your rightful place at our side)
    adembroski (A person who understands realism in a specific game can understand realism in another, because realism=plain logic)
    Randall Turner (I am happy to meet a game developer of another company and proud to have you in this Realism Team)
    RUSH64 (Proud for his undoubtful pc game experience he deserves to be here as a proud member as well)
    Phil Savory (History lover + DarthMod lover+ (30+)= "A powerful realism combination")
    DMyles (DM welcomes you to its epic and realistic battles)
    hammeredalways (Great to see that not only you enjoy DarthMod but you are really helpful for its community)
    harnas1977 (The Human intelligence=HI of DarthMod team helps AI as much as possible and says "hi" to you)
    KNavis (Another example of our times... compare Xwing with the current Star Wars games, mediocrity now, addictiveness then)
    vonDuus (By playing a game which main focus is AI and not graphics means that you really belong here)
    Daneboy (When the baby comes, playing will become less, but later as it grows, the gaming will grow more, if it is a boy)
    sirgzu (The development of the AI could reach that level you describe if the majority of the users demanded it, so this is why they have to learn too)
    simbon (What kind of computer was that... I feel an offspring)
    angus young (We understand each other, we owned Amiga)
    sir diman (Never did I understand why runescape is so popular, but I do understand why you want to be part of this team)
    M. Register (1 post to say it all... your first in twcenter forum)
    ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔ (Your name is not picturing your real value for Empire: Total War, because a big part of your modding is used everywhere, and of course in DarthMod)
    jogamen (Never explain your wife the PC Game Odds)
    Hawkeye74 (now you must assimilate more to DarthMod, for that is your new task as a DarthMod happy gamer)
    SonOfCrusader76 (The Amiga breed of gamers is thriving among us)
    cpt_acid (Certainly I got the big picture, seeing you as a similar hard core demanding player as I am, because your game list is 100% known by me)
    Incontinenta Buttox (We have common the value for accuracy and.. the Pro Evolution Soccer love)
    Logik (An old player even with little experience has the wisdom to learn quickly why realism is more fun)
    Nanny de Bodemloze (Your epic videos should make you feel younger)
    angus young (Angus young... you are an old uncle)
    wolf_00 (Happy 30s and wishes for some good gaming experience with current and future DarthMods)
    brux7 (As time passes more we become but who listens)
    Fracchione (I sense you could be a valuable asset for a real army, as a berserker attacker)
    Twosocks (Always two they come, not the socks, but the realism and fun)
    GnaReffotsirk (Your name has changed but your gamer identity will remain the same)
    PlacidDragon (Very few times we speak but certainly your presence is strong)
    dimnjacar (That C64 must have got in the DNA of many)
    alhoon (The chosen Hypaspist of DarthMod Empire)

Promising DarthMod gamers 30-:

TWmadman (Behaves and plays like 30+)
    Vanquisher (Eager to join the 30+ Team)
    Skandranon Rakshae (30+ offspring)
    Lone Sabor (Eager apprentice)
    akvilonn (Only the age is stopping him)
    Hurxen (Compelled to distinguish himself from the average drone gamer)
    BigJake (A young player who knows about Operation Flashpoint)
    Marku (A friend and a passioned gamer)
    Ruhk (Always was infront of his age, in gaming)
    issartinho (Spirited strategy gamer)
    Lunar Havoc (Trying to follow his father legacy)
    technishn08 (A rebel against the game idiocy of our era)
    ScopeSgt13 (Enlisted with a hope to continue the realism trend)
    gord96 (Proud to be different for his game age)
    Element_Five (We have the same age... I am not married yet though)
    mobucks (He may be young but he knows how to play)
    illenvillen23 (Playing board games and chess before School... it was inevitable to become a realism seeker)
    Taskeen ("violence and war in the real world is very evil, wrong, and inhuman"...a most wise quote, I will remember that)
    Godless Pickle (And we were running out of conscript soldiers, you have the potential to become a veteran)
    T.Ovidius Aquila (Before the "Few" were leading the "Masses", now the "Masses" lead the "Few")
    KingXReyes (It is unwise to underestimate the power of the dark side, you can seek, but you cannot hide)
    mcwally (A valuable sith apprentice knows how to balance expenses and free time in favour of women and realistic gaming)
    Hellskey (Your thought and writing proves that you have the potential to be in the 30+ team)
    Vagabond (I forgive you for the last time Nerd no.2)
    -Traiano- (Being younger than 30+ although meets the expectations to become a hardened realism games player)
    Jamesphillip (Do not be hasty young padawan because after 30+ years you will realise the importance of your youth)
    bobowei (Only now do you realise the small of your age)

I am happy to know you!

Default Re: DarthMod players aged 30+ Club

Well, I agree on all points.

I am a '77 born and my focus definitely lies on realism too.

My first "PC" was a Commodore VC25. My first real PC a 286er^^ Hightech!!!

And I also have my old Amiga 500, 2000 and 3000.

Well, I am certainly in

I agree.
    fiddling with a C64 in my young days (I'm from '72) I moved on to my first 386 -25 with a whopping 80mb Hd
    When asked why I still play games, it being a childrens hobby, I tell them how computergames were played by kids at first, but those kids never stopped.
    So the average age of gamers keep rising. I imagine i will play games as long as I am able to press a button.
    While I may not crave realism in all the games I play, nor books/movies/comics I enjoy, when it is present, it must be done right.
    The quality I value most is immersion. Something blatantly unrealistic in a real setting skews that.
    The trend today is to broadly oversimplyfy, in order to appease the masses to maximise profits.
    This is understandable, but I also believe that as gaming is becoming more mainstream, there will be more room for niche marcets,
    and a larger playerbase will result in special niche games making a profit too. So I look forward to playing Rome 8 in my autumn years
    Last edited by Tambarskjelve; May 08, 2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Originally written on a e90

JuanKilo's Avatar Laetus

Born in 1961. I think I'm 48...dunno. freekin memory going...

Veteran of all the Total War games, and many of the realistic mods over the years.

Still have Shogun TW on my hard drive.

The more realistic the game is, the more I enjoy spending my time at it.
    Last edited by JuanKilo; May 08, 2009 at 10:59 AM.

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Just turned 33. Though I like how easy it is now to get games (due to having money and digital downloads), but I am sad about what the gaming industry had become. It seems all games are being dumbed down more and more to be made appealing for the masses. How many more cookie cutter FPS games does it take before people get tired of it? Even CA is showing a lot of signs of mass marketing with their flaming pigs, screaming women and obvious focus on eye-candy over a solid AI.

I do not play online. Playing online to me is playing against a spreadsheet of optimized numbers. I do not understand the appearl of WoW where the only way you're allowed to join a guild is if you know how to play your character to its full potential and perform actions to a strict timeschedule and in a strict order.. I do not like getting yelled at for missing a deadline at work, so why would I want to get yelled at for casting a spell two seconds too late in a game (by a 13 year old no less).

My first computer was a ZX-Spectrum with 16K of memory. The rest: ZX Spectrum 128, PC 8088, C64, Amiga 500, PC 286, PC 486DLC and so on...

Do I like realism? Why yes.. Me and a guy called Gaius started a mod years ago called Rome: Total Realism that got rid of all the gimmicky nonsense CA put in their game within two weeks of release.

Horgo Splendis's Avatar Libertus

I remember hooking up the prongs on the back of a small black and white TV so I could play Pong with my dad hehe. Atari, Colico Vision, Intelivision, C64 etc etc... if it was a game on a TV screen I tried my hardest to play it. Now in my ripe old age of 36 I watch my 6 year old log into webkinz to play games, he has Spore and various Cars cgames... the legacy continues hehe. Oh and my boys love your pics Darth, they are advid Star Wars fans.

As far as realism is concerned I am always looking for mods that enhance that aspect of any game. I honestly didn't know about mods until reading an article about Rome Total Realism in PC Gamer. Ever since then I have a hard time playing any stock game. The Moders in this community are truly talented and dedicated, its much appreciated by players like myself that what that extra realism that the commercial world is afraid to market due to the kiddies. I have spent countless hours playing realism modded games, and plan to continue doing so.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

40 years young and have been an avid gamer for longer than I care to remember. Girlfriends have come and gone (never married) but gaming always remains a constant in my life. I enjoy games that submerge me with the immersion factor. If its not there and I cant implement it myself, or with mods, it dose not stay on my PC long. Realism and as close to historical truth are also important to me. I have enjoyed playing multiplayer games with mature players as they tend to be a more honorable opponent and later good friend.
    If a Gentlemen's Club was created at a later date for the over 30's I would be more than interested in becoming a member. With the future availability of a multiplayer campaign in the horizon it would be seem a sound investment to join a more mature group of willing opponents.
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; May 08, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Pong is the first video game I ever played, back in the 70's when it first came out. I recall being with my parents at their friends house, and they had it set up out in the garage.

Before that, my dad brought home some Star Trek type game from work, that used input via keyboard, and printed out your movements and enemy movements on paper.

Then came Atari, Space Invaders, Asteroids....

I'm 40 by the way, and have been hooked on games since pinball.

I simply cant stand, or play simplistic games. I want realism, and in depth, complicated games or simulations.

Almost 20 years of military service, 4 combat tours, I laugh at 99/100 war/battle simulations I've tried, or see on the shelf at stores.

Battle sims or games I've played, and liked include WWII Online(now Battleground Europe), Steel Beasts Pro(The scenerios, and excellent Multiplayer), IL 2 Sturmovich, Take Command: 2nd Manassas, East Front II by Talonsoft(a sort of board game/turns WWII sim).

East Front II was epic IMO, the music, the intro video and commentary, the era, the units, the battles. I wish there were more games out there like East Front II, and would really like to see a version of East Front II I could play on my Vista 64 system. I havent touched that game in years, but would love to see something similar out now, with a complicated campaign mode, that could be modded and have new scenerios made by players.
    Last edited by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus; May 08, 2009 at 10:11 PM.

27 years old here, and i m 100% with your perception : perhaps the fact that i m married and my wife pregnant could give me 3 more years so i m in the club? :p

Spring of 69'

Hooked on the arcades, moved from the Amiga (anyone remember cannonfodder) up to the pc,
    started with dos and now eventualy running Window7 RC.
    Always been a sim addict, especially racing still use the consoles for all commercial titles though
    a trend is developing that most ofthe big releases don't capture my intrest to long with Fallout3
    being the exception (loved the original versions)

The Total Wars series since day one have filled in my historical & gaming intrest, in this way it's unique.
    I have high hopes for the series alhough i do regonize the mess CA/Sega has brought the series in at
    the moment. A common discussion we often have overhere is if we will ever see a shift in specific titles
    being released for the the first generation gamers coming of age. As we become older i can imaging that
    a new market (genre) is developing for games, all consumermarkets are divided that way so why would
    the game industry be any different.

Anyway good to meet you all

Primicerius

38 here and with ya, pal!

I agree with most. Don’t know if ETW will ever be moddable to the extent of realism I would like to see.

Anyway been playing since the Zx spectrum 48k.. so I’m over qualified J just not playing enough ETW I’m afraid (Presently I’m playing more Men of War than ETW. This is a WW2 squad tactical play platoon level)

What annoys me most on present gaming development is to see all this great engines and potential great games fail short because their target client is a 12 year kid = so lets “simplify” things and throw in bright colors and flashing icons! Ey lets squeeze this thing in to be played with a pad!

A good example is IMO the ETW campaign map. It’s a 3d useless “thing” filled with over bright colors out of scale objects witch obliterate any possible understanding of the map by the player.

A “proper” strategical 2d (or 3d Top down view) map would make a far better choice, one where the icons terrain and effects would blend in, would probably be simpler to use not to mention the increased performance.

But specially a map that wouldn’t kill the immersion- I want to feel like a General a king an Imperator plotting my course on a chart! Not moving pink toys out off lego city’s that look like spaceships! Having to open the diplomacy screen every other second to see something simple as a nation territory possessions

My “school” of RTS comes from the Close Combat series, yet to be surpassed. Of course I got immediately hooked on TW since Shogun but I’m afraid my interest as been declining since then with each new title. This said, Naval battles are a huge benefit to the series, and hopefully the future will bring a proper integration of naval warfare in the game. Along with a focus on war.

I’m looking forward to see the future of this mod and reassured by Darth thoughts and beliefs (Darth !- by the way You should Introduce Portugal and Denmark as playable from start)
    Depending on the evolution I´m even willing to take a shot to the campaign map if and when mod tool are made available.

That was a long post! …This feels like an AA meeting

35 and part of the club. My first PC was an IBM PC jr... I likes alot of the AppleIIE games- Wasteland, Final Fantasy... Then I discovered CIV and my taste has been for better realisim ever since. I was so happy when I discovered MTW- It was the fist time a game seemed to live up to my expectations. I am in agreement. Will NOT play WoW.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TTorpedo View Post

My “school” of RTS comes from the Close Combat series, yet to be surpassed. Of course I got immediately hooked on TW since Shogun but I’m afraid my interest as been declining since then with each new title. This said, Naval battles are a huge benefit to the series, and hopefully the future will bring a proper integration of naval warfare in the game. Along with a focus on war.
    Try Europa Barbarorum mod to RTW.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

I'm about to reach 31.

My first PC was an IBM 088 with a 30Mb HD..

I aslo love Strategy Games, i dont use to play any other games, but some shoters that could chalenge me with a good AI or multiplayer mode. I'm aslo too disapointed with this title, that is the main reason i'm not too active here now...

I dont think i would play this game again until we could tweak the AI to make it better (i dont expect CA to do it, as they have never done it in previous releases) right now the game is unplayble to me, even worse than M2, someone could tell M2 had aslo lots of bugs and that is the reason, CA should have learned something then, but they keep doing the same release after release.

I hope multiplayer mode could save this game or i would have to back to my EU/HOI/SEV campaigns..
    Last edited by Thorn; May 08, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

year 79!

i'm with you!

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Omg I feel myself sooo small on this forum with my 14 years.

Bob the Insane's Avatar Semisalis

'73, did I win?

BBC B...

Elite (the original)...

First PC, Unysis 10MHz 286, CGA graphics, internal Speaker, 20MB HD and a 5.25 inch FD...

F-19 from Microprose was my first PC game...
    Last edited by Bob the Insane; May 08, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
    "They are the devil's vegetable" - Captain Keeble, HMS Bulwark

Potato Fritz's Avatar Libertus

34 almost. great mod!

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Can I join in about 8 years.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast