Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Which Campaign Are You Playing & Why

Flavius Tiberius Germanicus's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Which Campaign Are You Playing & Why

Oh no, wrath of the heaven!!! Imperator Procopius Flavius is dead! He dies because of a plague in Constantinople... All is lost... Next campaign will be the fearsome hunnic hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Tiberius Germanicus View Post
    Oh no, wrath of the heaven!!! Imperator Procopius Flavius is dead! He dies because of a plague in Constantinople... All is lost... Next campaign will be the fearsome hunnic hordes.
    Well that was fast...

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Not a great roman campaign, all in all.

Flavius Tiberius Germanicus's Avatar Laetus

Well, it's too bad, but that's the risk to let one of your main characters stationed in a city like Constantinople where too much people often cause a plague. It's my own fault.

But I stop playing the huns campaign. After I conquered the Armenian kingdom and pushed the Goths back I got a little bit bored. And I don't like that you never have money.

Now I'm playing the Western Roman Empire campaign. And again I have a question. Why have some characters like Claudius Mamertinus still their BI-Addon profiles with traits like BlackBileHumour 3? I understand that Roman characters shouldn't be too strong, but instead shouldn't they have traits like Epicurean, ExpensiveTastes, Embezzler, etc.? Wouldn't this be a little more historical?

By this time the roman empire was very corrupt.

I am Antoninus!

"Your attention to good character and stability has earned you your standing as Antoninus Pius. Your long and moderate reign is probably one of the most peaceful epics in human history up to the modern age. It is too bad more emperors did not share your humility.

Antoninus Pius
    96%
    Trajan
    86%
    Domitian
    71%
    Marcus Aurelius
    71%
    Vespasian
    71%
    Nerva
    68%
    Claudius
    64%
    Augustus
    57%
    Tiberius
    57%
    Hadrian
    50%
    Vitellius
    43%
    Caligula
    29%
    Nero
    29%
    Commodus
    11%"

You Scored as Marcus Aurelius
    Your attention to duty even when the going gets rough has earned you the identity of Marcus Aurelius. A philosopher-emperor, he used Stoic musings to steel his resolve against a hard lot in life. You know few years of peace, and believe the only final answer to the empire's problems is a complete conquest of Europe. Despite this, you are probably one of the most human and thoughtful emperors in the history of mankind. Hail Caesar!

Marcus Aurelius
    89%
    Augustus
    86%
    Antoninus Pius
    82%
    Vespasian
    79%
    Hadrian
    71%
    Domitian
    68%
    Claudius
    68%
    Trajan
    64%
    Tiberius
    54%
    Nerva
    46%
    Vitellius
    36%
    Nero
    36%
    Commodus
    7%
    Caligula
    7%

I am Caesar.
    I am Augustus.
    But I am a man.

Now, let us pretend I am a good father.

I did it again and I scored Marcus Aurelius this time, next to Hadrian and Trajan.
    I have found another one (There is a Julianus option!)
    http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...=romanemperors
    In this one I get Constantinus (100%). The second one Hadrianus (96%) and the third Augustus (86%)
    I think my idea of a state religion, sharing the control of the empire, maybe a national monotheism, and tolerance was trully influential in the result.
    I have not done this one yet:
    http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...lient=EMPERORS

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

I would like to play 410 but 365 not bad although I miss labarum shields of Constantine.

After many months of on and off play with my Procopius campaign, I've finally captured Ctesiphon and slayed about 7 Sassanid generals/family members without any CTDs.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    I did it again and I scored Marcus Aurelius this time, next to Hadrian and Trajan.
    I have found another one (There is a Julianus option!)
    http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...=romanemperors
    In this one I get Constantinus (100%). The second one Hadrianus (96%) and the third Augustus (86%)
    I think my idea of a state religion, sharing the control of the empire, maybe a national monotheism, and tolerance was trully influential in the result.
    I have not done this one yet:
    http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...lient=EMPERORS
    Wow, that's pretty cool. I got Vespasian 100% on first try, followed by Aurelianus with 85% and Marcus Aurelius with 79%.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    After many months of on and off play with my Procopius campaign, I've finally captured Ctesiphon and slayed about 7 Sassanid generals/family members without any CTDs.
    You have done well! Let the hate flow through you! Only then will you be powerful enough my young apprentice...

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

361 Valens VH/M. Steamrolled the Greek usurper and I'm currently on turn 100 about to eliminate the Sassanids.

The Quadi are wreaking havoc on my Western brethren but all I can do is watch in despair due to the war with the Sassanid. Rome has been sacked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8apW6uAkGyo (lol at the music in the beginning).
    Doing well with the Sassanids even the eastern front is going to capture some cities.

before this I played with Procopius (I destroyed Valens and was pushing the Quadi out of the Blakans + I was invading Arabia) but my save file disapeared.
    Maybe my little brother took revenge?! (now I understand those emperors who let their family get killed (I will do that test)
    Edit: the three test combined: Tiberius: Domitianus and Marcus Aurelius..
    Last edited by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus; June 27, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.