Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Last Kingdom - FACTION PREVIEW / HORDALAND

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon14 Re: The Last Kingdom - FACTION PREVIEW / HORDALAND

I've been playing this Viking Faction for a while so here's a small review

So far, NO BUGS encountered doesn't feel like a Beta to me.

Graphic Design: The unit models, cards, buildings, flags & banners etc. are just AMAZING.
    An excellent graphic job by danova, but for those who experienced Ornamentum that's not a surprise.

Startup: at war with rival Vestfold, I chose to send an army vs. them in east norway + conquer the coastal "rebel" settlements on the coast. Instead of plundering Ireland with the strong army & fleet up there, I chose to move them back to Norway. They just seized a "rebel" island on their way. Viking culture rebels are much easier to submit than others because they won't revolt, unlike christians/celtics etc. I'll go for Iceland only after uniting Norway. Goal=become King of Norway.

It's not an easy campaign & some hard choice must be made at start. Venturing too early in Ireland, Britain or Iceland can be a deadly trap and an early defeat vs. Vestfold will be your end. No room for mistakes here, even if you must take risks not to fall in debts.

Economics: yes Hordaland is quite poor & under-developed but so is rival Vestfold. It's quite manageable if you trade & ally with Denmark. Your early deficit forces you to campaign aggressively.
    I developed Trade first & then Agriculture + don't hesitate to plunder enemy communities. To Hell with reputation, you're a viking, by Thor!

Army: a few elite inf. is available at start but can't be recruited for a while - until you have a large town & forge, and that will take some time. Manage them carefully. Don't waste them vs. Rebels, but vs. Vestfold, on key battles. The basic troops are quite hardy & will do the job vs. rebel vikings of the northern coast, or to prepare an ambush. The variety is limited (light inf.) but I guess that when you unite Norway there's more diversity.

That's it for now

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - FACTION PREVIEW / HORDALAND

Finally a mod that respresents vikings this awesome. Good job you guys.

great work on the vikings keep up the good work

This mod is truly epic, especially Hordaland! I was wondering where you found the very cool Raven thats on Hordalands faction banner?

Its quite bit of interesting, this thread is 7 years old already, 2009. It sure doesn't feel that old. Came here to see the pictures of hordaland's host, but all links to the images in the OP are gone. And this is not exclusive to this thread. Many other mods have years old threads that barely have any image left.
    We are getting old it seems.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789